Week 17 : Jets (5-10) @ Pats (12-3)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

1:00 P.M game against the Cheaters. The most sophisticated systematic cheaters in history of football are going for Home Field advantage against the Jets. I so would love to see Jets find a way to get to Brady and spoil the party for cheaters but don't think it will happen.

tbruner12, Royal Tee and BacktoQueens like this.
  2. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

The poor frickin' Pittsburgh Steelers needing the New York Jets to beat New England on the road with Bryce Petty at QB.

Zero chance of happening.

They shoulda taken care of business at home in week 15.

FlaJet likes this.
  3. jets12

jets12 Active Member

We need the loss for the draft position but I would love to see Gronk carried off the field along with a few more of the cheaters so they miss the playoffs.

FlaJet and tbruner12 like this.
  4. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I'm rooting for a Win first and foremost to F up the cheats home field advantage.

Secondly, I'll be rooting for a Br*dy injury every single play.

FlaJet and tbruner12 like this.
  5. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

Based on Tankathon.com the Jets would have the 7th pick of the 2018 draft as of today. With a win, the Jets draft pick could drop quite a few spots. The Patriots are playing for a 1st seed versus a 2nd seed in the playoffs.

So if the Jets win, you will all be happy to beat the Pats. If the Jets lose they are guaranteed a good pick in the 1st round. So this is a win win situation.

Now for the ugly question, these are the teams ahead of the Jets in draft order.

1. Cleveland 0-15 will need a QB and likely to draft one.
    2. NY Giants 2-13 may want to draft a QB to replace Manning
    3. Indy Colts 3-12 assuming Luck will be back, not interested in a QB
    4. Cleveland via Houston 4-11 already picked a QB
    5. Tampa Bay 4-11 may not be interested in a QB
    6. Denver 5-10 will need a QB and likely to draft one

So unless I am looking at this wrong, the Jets are competing with Denver for a possible 3rd QB. Denver is playing KC and I wonder if they will tank. So Rosen and Darnold look like will be drafted before the Jets/Broncos have their pick.

Are there any QBs left worth drafting in the 6th or 7th spot? Is Allen worth so high a pick?

6. Patriot

How pathetic that you would like to see a player actually injured?

joe and Ptflea2 like this.
  7. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Hey Patriot. You are good sport. Draft thing will work itself out. So no I won't be happy if the Jets lose next week. Regarding your above question, I don't watch college football. So I will leave that question to be answered by our draft guru's on this board.

8. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Even if they have no interest in taking a QB because of Luck do you really believe Indianapolis will stay put at that spot?

Rest assured that pick will be open for bidding from the time this season ends all the way up to draft time IF Indianapolis isn't looking to take the QB for themselves. And with Luck having missed almost two full years by the time opening day 2018 rolls around why wouldn't they be interested in drafting a QB? Just in case.

9. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Anyone remember Petty in New England last year? Flat out embarrassing. He seems worse this year. Start Hack or it might be really tough to watch. Heck, starting Hack still might be tough to watch. The +15.5 point spread seems low to me. Too bad. I'd love to beat the Pats and cost them home field.

10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Haha I was just explaining this to my friend. He said a QB will drop to the Jets because only the Giants and Browns really need one ahead of them. I had to explain that even so, another team would jump ahead of the Jets, so if they really do want a 1st Round QB they will likely have to trade up no matter what.

11. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

I can't root against the Jets so instead I'll root for Tampa Bay, Denver and Houston victories so the Jets can hopefully jump to the #4 slot and no worse than #5 should Jets SOS wind up better than Houston's.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  12. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Keep an eye on the Bills. It seems as though they want to move on from Taylor. They have 2 picks in the 1st Rd and 2 in the 2nd Rd so they might try and trade up to get one of these QB's.

13. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Sorry, since it has been established that Petty is not the answer I am only rooting for a loss here. I really don't give a damn whether the Pats are the #1 or #2 seed, since chances are good that the Steelers would screw it up and lose to them wherever the game is played (as we just saw last week). The Jets need the highest draft pick they can possibly get, although unfortunately I also have little confidence that they will know what to do with it anyway.

As to the point about teams like Indy, Tampa Bay and Cleveland (the second time) not needing a QB, the earlier posts about how that is besides the point are dead on. It's a very reasonable possibility that the Jets will have to move up in the draft to get the QB they want, and moving up from the #5 or #6 spot should be way cheaper than moving up from the #11 spot, another reason why it is crucial that the Jets lose.

FlaJet likes this.
  14. Patriot

I definitely could see Indy trading this pick because the team has so many needs. But if both Cleveland and the Giants pick quarterbacks Rosen and Darnold in the fist two selections, is the 3rd QB really worth a 3rd spot?

15. Patriot

As a general rule I am not a big fan of tanking, but your argument is very logical and has me thinking this way also. However my question is if both the Browns and the Giants draft Rosen and Darnold, is there a QB left that is worth a high first round draft choice?

Now if the Giants decide to keep Manning another year or two, they can trade their pick and get a lot for it. This would lead to a bidding war for that pick.

16. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Sorry but rooting for the cheats to beat the Jets, you might as well turn in your fan card.

the draft will sort itself out. Beat the cheats and hopefully negate their home field advantage, where they have cheating down to the science of which men's room to illegal transport footballs through.

tbruner12 and FJF like this.
  17. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Hockey my friend. It’s helped me not care about this team that never gets it right.

18. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

We are going to lose, but the question is by how much

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  19. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Thanks, but I think I'll hold onto the card I've had since the first Jets game I attended in 1965. History is filled with plenty of situations where a team winning a meaningless game seriously hurt the franchise's future when they couldn't draft the player they needed. I care a hell of a lot more about that than where the AFC championship game might or might not be played. If the Pats win the Super Bowl I'll be pissed for a few hours. If the Jets miss out on a franchise QB because they won a meaningless game I'll be pissed for 10 years. Seems to me that that's what a "real fan" should care about.

20. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Just End The Season.....PLEASE.

Woodhead and grkmanga31 like this.