NY Jets vs. Rest Of NFL QB Trade-Up Thread

Discussion in 'Draft' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 20, 2017.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

IMO there are a lot of good QB prospects in this draft. Would I rather have a blue chip prospect? Definitely! I'd rather have a QB prospect who is just a notch below that who can be a quality starter for the next 10-15 years over a very expensive QB who is already 29 (or will be by next season), and isn't a blue chipper either.

JetsKickAss likes this.
  2. NCJetsfan

Yes, that rule is totally stupid and needs to be changed. SOS of stupid. That changes from week to week. The fact that you lost to a team doesn't.

3. NCJetsfan

Don't forget that Buffalo has a TON of picks, and most likely will trade ahead of us.

4. NCJetsfan

How could it worsen when we are playing one of the best teams in the NFL? That doesn't make sense to me.

5. Brandon Moore's Butt

Brandon Moore's Butt Active Member

Because their status as one of the best teams in the NFL becomes more solidified as their record improves by way of beating us. Which in turn raises our SOS, and hurts our draft positioning.

JetsKickAss likes this.
  6. NCJetsfan

Ok, thanks. That makes sense.

7. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Also, if you play in a division with 1 or a few good/great teams -- like New England -- then they inflate the strength of your schedule.

It should be like the 5th or 6th tiebreaker for anything, not the 1st or 2nd for drafting or playoff hopes.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. JetsKickAss

Here's something I would love: Browns aren't sold on a QB @ #1.....decide to get even with Giants @ #2 by trading overall #1 to Jets so we can take whomever we want (probably Rosen) !!

Jets brass need to reach out to Mets and schmooze with Paul DePodesta !

9. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Rosen said he would rather go later in the draft if it meant going to the right team so him going to the Browns isn't automatic but him seeing the jets as a great destination is also not realistic. He will force his way to the Giants or not come out at all.

JetsKickAss likes this.
  10. JetsKickAss

I am sure he is open to the Jets.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  11. grkmanga31

We would all love to be sure but I have a hard time believing Rosen would opt to join the jets over the giants. Perception matters and the jets have been irrelevant for 7 seasons with no playoff appearances. Paired with Giants winning superbowls and being considered one of the premier franchises in the league = Rosen seeing jets as a bad spot for him.

Trust me, I would love if jets drafted rosen, just don't think it happens.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  12. NCJetsfan

I certainly understand your perspective. The Giants have a respected owner. The Jets have a doofus. But if it means anything, the Giants were a lot worse than the Jets this year, and are in the process of hiring a new GM and HC. They are a total unknown and probably have longer to go in their rebuild. The Jets already have some good young pieces in place. Maybe it comes down to selling Rosen on the idea of being like a famous Jets QB whose personality was similar.

Also, someone speculated that Mara would probably have little or no interest in Rosen because of Rosen's attitude. If true, Rosen might have to forget about the Giants and be happy to go somewhere else high.

NYJetsO12, JetsKickAss and grkmanga31 like this.
  13. grkmanga31

I think you're right in that respect. I wonder if Rosen views the Giants getting a new HC/GM as a good thing. Also, would be interesting to see what he thinks regarding Eli situation. I suppose all of that will unfold prior to the draft but if Eli is staying, its not so he can mentor Rosen. Eli wants to start till the wheels fall off so the Giants will have to make that decision soon.

NYJetsO12 and NCJetsfan like this.
  14. NCJetsfan

Yes, I totally forgot about Eli. That's a huge consideration. I think Rosen will want to start day one, and not be happy to sit behind Eli for a year or two.

NYJetsO12 and grkmanga31 like this.
  15. grkmanga31

Yep. I could see Giants cutting Eli as a way to wipe the slate completely clean. New GM, HC and new QB. Eli will be interested in competing for a playoff ready team. No mentoring or imminent benching will be ok with him.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  16. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Sadly I believe you're right.

17. hwismer

hwismer Active Member

Rosen has had two concussions this year.

JetsKickAss likes this.
  18. JetsKickAss

Good point.....another team would have to be willing to trade with them, though. Never underestimate any quirks like that.

Tim Kawakami had an excellent post over at The Athletic about WHY would Belichick/NE trade Garropolo for just a 2nd when they might very well have been able to get SanFran's #1 pick...or at least open it up to a bidding war and get more (Cincy was willing to give up a #2 and #3 for McCarron). The 49'er fans and columnists out there are already calling it one of the best trades in SanFran sports history -- hell, they were saying that even before JG ripped off 4-straight wins.

19. JetsKickAss

If Cleveland wants him #1 (but thinks he will hold out) or wants to trade down and wants to settle a score with Rosen -- which I do NOT think happens because any GM or team is more concerned with getting players than settling scores -- then I could see the Browns dealing with the Jets.

Remember, LA traded with Washington back in 2012 rather than other teams willing to give up more to draft RG3.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  20. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

And parents, MDs, who worry ..

This is perhaps his biggest drawback ...but thats it ..otherwise Rosen is a beast at QB

The CS and Rosen should call Starter and get the kid a helmet with extra padding...prob solved AHAHAHA