Please fire bowles

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Dec 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Depends on the qb situation, mccown,cousins some other vet and it’s playoffs or bust. If they take a qb 1st round they get a little more leash . It would be very Jet like to take a qb and then fire the staff that wanted to draft him

2. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I dont think its playoffs or bust. That never seems to be a woody mandate. What got ryan and mangini fired was locker room.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Cman68 likes this.
  3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

As much as I dislike Bowels and believe me when I say I DO NOT THINK HE IS THE ANSWER and it is inevitable that he will be gone,,,,,,it won't be this year as expectations were so low and the team has played hard for him. That said don't ever expect TB to out coach the other guy or be ahead of the other guy it aint happening.

boozer32 likes this.
  4. FJF

Rex I agree. Mangini,I felt , was more pressure from fans and media that didn’t like his act. And I say this as an admitted torch bearer in that mob

5. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Yeah but a lot of players complained about mangini in the locker room. He created an atmosphere of distrust. We shoulda ran his ass out of here

FJF likes this.
  6. FJF

Kind of miss his eye for talent right now though

7. zace

zace Well-Known Member

He was fantastic at that

8. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

So what exactly is the reason they've won the games they have, and even could be 7-5 right now but for an INT or two, a fumble and a couple of missed field goals??

9. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

don't forget the massive special teams mishaps, ill timed (and questionable) penalties, porous 4th quarter defense, and multiple ASJ missed TD opportunities...

the reasons we've lost games are well documented on this board.

but your question is a good one.
    Why have we won games, or have even been close in games if everyone sucks?

10. Walt White

I guess it's because they try hard now :).

Yeah, you're right about the ST's. I've noticed a few times Bolwes going after Bauer now, and there's no way he's happy about them.
    But when the roster is what it is there's no room for too many errors. You can absorb some mistakes, but you can't cough the ball up and keep hurting yourself. Really a play or two here or there and their record could be different

The missed FG's against Carolina hurt. That sucked:(

11. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

TLDR

Does any normal human being think that this Jets version of Forrest Gump can win a Super Bowl?

Please gtfo

He’s a dopey moron coach.

But he’s black so you cannot criticize him

12. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I agree but you have to see some long term traits. Bowles is not a longevity guy because he's not creative and his leadership skills are lacking. 3 times he had to discipline Mo. It should have only taken one. He could have dealt with Richardson and Marshall much better. Instead he had them shipped off. Is he gonna do that to every player that he has problems with? We'll be running out of players or have a team full of untalented yes men. I liked Mangini but I think the team tuned him out and it was time.

13. Walt White

Yeah, Marshall and Sheldon are doing great things now that they're gone, and Kearse is a mirage, fake. Sure fire sign of Bowles' incompetence. Mac will draft a Safety with the 2nd pick he got with Kearse because Bowles will tell him to naturally, compounding the bad move with Sheldon. We'll pretend that Bowles is the only coach disciplining players more than once too, for the fuck of it.

14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

well I would say that using your rationale that they have won the games they have BECAUSE OF Bowels then I can say they have lost games because of Bowels .

15. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I see plenty of people criticizing him and some saying he is doing ok. i think you are the first to bring up the color of his skin, that should tell you something.

16. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

That's totally fair, imo.

17. slimjasi

I don't agree on the leadership stuff, but time will tell.

Some notable stuff about Mangini's tenure:

1) He had two winning years out of three (drastically overachieving with the 2006 team - that team had shockingly little talent for a 10 win team, IMO) and his epic collapse in 2008 (which, is what ultimately got him fired) was mostly due to Brett Favre's injury/stubbornness.

2) He was very bright and I personally always felt the Jets had terrific game-plans going into every game.

3) Overall, the team drafted very well, and IMO, markedly better than under any other Jets regime I have lived through (Revis, Mangold, Harris, Brick, Leon Washington - obviously Gholston was a huge miss)

He had issues, but I really think he would have gotten better with time. I think he had the work ethic/smarts to build a consistent winner.

boozer32 likes this.
  18. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

If Bowles wins out he'll be 24-24 heading into wild card weekend as the 6 seed and a contract extension on the table. That's a possibility until the Jets lose another game. :)

slimjasi likes this.
  19. slimjasi

Not happening, my dude. Don't bother teasing yourself.

playtowinthegame likes this.
  20. Walt White

Does that still mean that he can't out coach anybody and never will? Not sure. I guess they're winning games in spite of him then.
    Wonder what the consensus would have been here if we compared rosters in the NFL throughout the season too. Looking around here it looks pretty bleak.

#160 Walt White, Dec 7, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.