Rob Gronkowski suspended one game

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Yisman, Dec 4, 2017.

1. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

So Evans shoving Lattimore in the back is equal to slamming a forearm into the neck/head of a player laying down on the ground. Got it.
    Beckham should have gotten 2 or 3 games just like Gronk should have. Because he felt he was being held is a weak excuse for his actions.

2. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Gotta step up their game and go after Brady's knees first.

3. Not defending OBJ one bit,man.That had Ill intent attached to it just as well..but that was escalating very quickly over a span of plays.additionally As others have pointed out It was on the field of play & the play was still live.None of those things are the in the case of Gronk

Who knows,maybe things were going on w trash talk & the likes that lead up to Him losing it..but the talk of him being held Doesn’t come close to justifying what he did.At least he apologized after the game.

Yehoodi likes this.
  4. Yehoodi

Yehoodi Active Member

That is true, he does get grabbed a lot and can get some OPI calls too . . . that can cause frustration and Gronk just needs to try to contain it. it has been going for a while now, not to mention folks going low at times. So it can build up.

Gronk just needs to try to contain this and not go nuclear like he did on Sunday.

5. Yehoodi

Yehoodi Active Member

Yes I agree with the Beckham issue as those too were going at it for most of the game and pregame talk from what i remember, plus Norman kind of took a swipe at Beckham on that play. And I do think Gronk may have been going at it with the defender, i do know that he and Sergio Brown have a history, the guy he "threw out of the club", but then again Brown was the guy that broke Gronk's forearm with somehow Brown's helmet came in contact with Gronk's arm on a PTA.

i guess we will just left with having to agree to disagree on the during/after play and effect on penalty, fair enough, i see were you all are coming from and agree that in nearly most cases i agree, but at times i think there is a grey area where one can mitigate a little bit, like the Beckham and Wilfolk hit on Losman i mentioned, although they were before the whistle, they were so late in the play and so highly unnecessary they kind of merge with a play which is after the whistle and unnecessary. Just my two cents.

6. Yehoodi

Yehoodi Active Member

True but not totally, and as i mentioned in a later post I have Evans hit as the least heinuos of the three. And yes there was no direct contact to the head with Evans, unlike the other two. Perhaps there could of been a whiplash effect . . .

Glad to see you agree that Beckham and Gronk are on the same par. And i would agree if Beckham had received a two game suspension then so should have Gronk gotten two games. Or 3 or what ever Beckham got. i think we agree here . . .

7. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

I'm surprised a 320 lb dlinemen didn't wreck him after his cowardly act

8. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

In other words “everybody does it.”

9. NYJ79

NYJ79 Well-Known Member

Going too easy on players in the past shouldn't set a precedent to go easy on them in the future. Unfortunately the union would have a fit. Hopefully this is a point of emphasis in the offseason. Automatic 1 game for fights, 2 or 3 games for the most heinous hits? Maybe that'll get em to think twice. This can't wait til the next CBA.

10. Yehoodi

Yehoodi Active Member

I do not disagree with you NY179, my only point would be it would be nice if the NFL told the players first so that they would be on notice of changes in discipline for given offenses. And yes, it would be nice if in the off season the NFL told its players there are going to be changes here and there across the board.

It think it would be unfair if in week 17 someone hits a guy in the head not that different that Gronk and Beckham and gets 6 games or something.

11. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

In other news, Marcus Peters got suspended one game for throwing a flag.

The same punishment as Gronk.

wow.

12. NYJ79

NYJ79 Well-Known Member

In fairness, that's team discipline, not a suspension handed down by the league. I mean, asshole lost his mind, then walked off the field on them, Reid had to send a message.

grkmanga31 likes this.
  13. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Punishment was from team not the league and also Marcus Peters is an asshole and causes a ton of trouble all the time.

Personally, I think the suspension is more because Andy Reid is tired of him being an idiot and less so because of the flag, although deff part of it.

14. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

As I mentioned earlier, BB actually coaches this type of defense. I wish i could find the clip where, i believe Rodney Harrison, outright says Bill told us to interfere every play the refs wouldn't dare flag it every time. The victim hood of Pats fans is beyond delusional.

15. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

When I fist saw the play my initial reaction was what the heck Gronk! Have you lost your mind?

Since this was his first offense, a 1 game suspension did make sense.

However, looking at the video closer a few more disturbing things became apparent. Gronk was definitely targeting the head and he hits the player White with his left arm. His left arm has a cast with metal inside just like brass knuckles.

What is more puzzling is Gronk didn't even know the player's name being White after the game. Sure Gronk was getting bad calls and non calls from the refs that day, but that does not excuse him from his despicable act.

My conclusion is he should have received at least a 2 game suspension and 3 if he was a repeat offender. So he is lucky to just get 1 game suspension. I also think this act will tarnish his reputation and may cost him further dollars in endorsements.

The other thing that bothers me is why he did this. He was not be taunted by the Bills and White from what I can tell is not a big mouth. My suspicion is steroid rage, perhaps the real story being missed.

Yisman and matt robinson 17 like this.
  16. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

The Ihedigbo play was an accident even though Ihedigbo didn't think so. To suggest Gronk would risk injuring his own bad knee to injure someone else's knee is a stretch.

In Super Bowl 49 the Seahawks pretty much attacked the Pats on a kneel down play, so I can't see Gronk being at fault here for the fight. It was a battle royal actually.

In this matter however, I agree with you that Gronk was a total jerk here and deserves more than a 1 game suspension!