Rob Gronkowski suspended one game

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Yisman, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

The rematch is Christmas Eve. I suspect this will get real ugly real quick. Especially with this "1 game" precedent set by the league and the Bills likely out of the playoffs by then.

2. Yehoodi

Yehoodi Active Member

Not saying he is a choirboy and frankly was surprised by his actions. As the same time though his actions are his actions, and it was bored out of frustration in which a player hit another player up high in the head and i view it no different than Odel Beckham on Norman, or Mike Evans hit this year, both were offensive players that went after defensive players and each got one game.

3. Yehoodi

Yehoodi Active Member

Surely some fans will be upset, but forme i look at prior discipline and see what is close to get a gauge, and for me it is close to Beckham and Evans and both got a gamejust like Gronk

4. Yehoodi

Yehoodi Active Member

Yes, it would be great to cut this junk out of the game. For me though it would be nice to give the players some warning. For me it would not be fair to the next guy that goes up high to then get like 6 games.

Would love the see the NFL come out and say: "moving forward with hits like Gronk, Evans, Beckham and so on, there is a minimum 2 game suspension and the possibility of more .. . " or something along these lines . . . so no surprise the next time some guy goes after another's head after the play is over or essentially over.

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Cheap shots like that should all be 1 game or however long the victim is out. Only fair way to do it

6. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

JuJu and Iloka both got 1 game suspensions too. Last night's game was filled with cheap shots.

NY Jets68 likes this.
  7. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Well, I hate to sound like I'm defending either of those lowlifes, but OBJ's shot, as filthy as it was, was at least while the play was ongoing. Evans' hit probably didn't even hurt Lattimore's feelings.

8. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I think Gronk's cheap shot was worse than either JuJu or Iloka, as his act was after the whistle and in the back.
    That's cowardly. Should have gotten more than 1 game.

Although JuJu had the added act of taunting after an illegal cheap shot.
    Argument could be made for a 2nd game for him as well.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Good point but if the pats win enough before then they can sit Gronk if they have everything wrapped up

10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Suspension upheld .
    Gronk sits this week.

11. Yehoodi

Yehoodi Active Member

I hear what you are saying in that it was near the end of the play, but play was essentially over and Beckham was supposed to be blocking (as the excuse for the hit) but chose not to go for the body but a missile to the helmet. So it falls under the unnecessary category for me, but I understand you.

Kind of like Vince Wilfork about 5 years ago against Buffalo, we picked off their QB (J.P. Losman i think) and the ball was about 25 yards from Losman, who was in the back corner of the TV screen goes down like a ton of bricks as our guy is being tackled. Vince took him down from the side behind, and although technically is legal as the play was still on, it was 25 yards from a guy being tackled.

Be nice if the NFL came out against these hits and next year let everyone know we are going to increase the penalties.

12. Cmon..we aren’t talking apples to apples comparing Evans & OBJ.Yes those were cheap shots but those had altercations leading up to their actions,The opposing players were already braced for potential physical conflict..neither had anywhere close to the malicious cowardly intent that Gronkowski did.and all Bc he got held?

What if White never walks again cause of that crap? Seen lesser jolts to the neck lead to guys carted off the field.Still think 1 game was the right call based on case law???

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  13. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

If he broke his neck would that be 2 games, the fuckin' moron admitted he fucked up after the game, should have been 4 games and thrown out of the game. If Bill's have any balls they go after his knees next game.

14. Dierking

Whatever. And if the roles were reversed, there wouldn’t be enough midol on the shelves in all of NE to treat the whining we’d be hearing. Not even debatable.

BacktoQueens and Jets_Grinch like this.
  15. Yehoodi

Yehoodi Active Member

Oh gees Kurt, you are trying to defend the Beckham hit as something someone should expected or braced for? Beckham ear holed Norman as Norman was looking at Vereen who was being tackled. Surely one would brace for a block where one would expect to be hit in the torso (altho still be unnecessary), but who has ever blocked by ear holing a helmet? And Norman did not see Beckham coming. For me, it was the reckless and disregard for potential injury that made me mad at Beckham.

I do agree with you on one level regarding Evans when there is a donnybrook about to break out folks need their heads on a swivel. For me the Evans hit was more of a non discipline hit as opposed to a reckless disregard for potential injury.

I view at least Gronk and Beckham as the same, a play was over or near over and both acts were unnecessary. There was some chippy play between the players, Norman being involved in a tackle might expect to be blocked but not ear holed, likewise with White, chippy play and he just picked off a ball and landed on the ground would expect to be touched or landed on, but not hit the way Gronk hit him, but he should of been ready for some level of contact tho insofar as we are imposing hit expectation on players.

But i do agree Evans hit was the least heinous of the three and your point about expecting a hit on this play.

16. Yehoodi

Yehoodi Active Member

To be honest Dierking, up here there are a lot of folks and media not happy in Gronk and calling it what it was, and that was something that was way off the reservation. In the heat of the battle sometimes folks loose their moral compass for a handful of seconds.

Maybe some of the fayboys are supporting Gronk, but most do not and are not upset about the suspension.

17. Dierking

I live in northern New England. I'm hearing a lot of people saying how persecuted the poor guy is. Held on every play. Can't expect him not to try to end some rookie's career.

FJF and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  18. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

meat head roid rage. shouldve been 2 games. the guys a fucking idiot.

19. It's not the first time he's gotten chippy after plays. He's a meathead punk. I really don't wanna hear how he gets held either..cause he pushes off gets away with it just as often. Don't see any body taking shots at the back of his neck though..

Just have to savor the small victories: Patriot homers yet again showing zero regard for integrity, class or decency to let their team off the hook. And the beauty of this instance is that this is the same bozo who was partying it up for the world to see mere hours after losing them a super bowl. "The Patriot way" revealed for what it really is.

20. Dierking

meh, really couldn't give a fuck if he's banging hookers after the game's over.