Rob Gronkowski suspended one game

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Yisman, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

New thread needed for this.

Most probably saw replays of the cheap shot and attempt to injure.

It should've been multiple games.

NY Jets68 likes this.
  2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Even money says appealed down to a fine

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  3. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

Too much bad press on this one. Because it was a blatant head shot i don't see how the league can over turn the suspension without every non P*ts fan losing it. Quite frankly i suspect the only reason for the "appeal" is the NFLPA trying to keep face.

4. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Got off easy

matt robinson 17 and Red Menace like this.
  5. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

6. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

He's going to appeal it and it IS the Patriots so how do you suppose that will work out? There would be no doubt if it was a two game suspension and if he jumped him with a knife instead of a shoulder the penalty wouldn't have been any worse.

7. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Hey, it's not like he killed anyone or something...

8. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

The annoying thing about the one game suspension is that it gives Gronkcheatski a week to rest. Bet nobody thought about that one, huh? The league is actually doing him a favor. It came to me in a dream. Fukking guy.

9. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

True, as far as NE TEs go, what Gronk did wasn't that bad.

FJF and NY Jets68 like this.
  10. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

Pretty light considering how targeted it was.

11. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Should have been two games but better than nothing. NFL can't take it down to a fine if they want to claim they are taking head injuries seriously.

12. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Yeah Don. The Pats always get lenient treatment on suspensions from the league....

BTW. It was a clear cut cheap shot and deserves a suspension. I think the reason it wasn't 2 was because it was a first offense from a player with no history and a good reputation before this.

13. Yehoodi

Yehoodi Active Member

One game suspension is a solid middle ground. The NFL can not allow this kind of stuff to happen, it was after the play and Gronk had to take more than just one step (so it was not like a reflex reaction). Plus the optics of the play was bad.

Given that Gronk is basically a first time offender, it would of been real tough to give more than one game.

14. Dierking

Not sure I'm buying the whole first offense bit. I recall he was directly responsible for putting Ihedigbo out of a game with a knee injury in 2010, and then there was his fitght during SB 49. Not to mention he routinely talks shit and acts like a complete prick to other players.

But on top of all that, how in the world does intentionally going after an unsuspecting guy's head, from behind, while he's on ground, after the play is over, with the full weight and momentum of a 270lb guy, warrant any consideration of mitigating factors? I mean, I've never attempted to murder anybody before either. Should I expect a slap on the wrist if I start now?

15. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Then they wonder why the league is a laughing stock, trying to remove headshots and this retard hits a guy on the ground 4 seconds after the play with his forearm and gives him a concussion and gets 1 game, what a fuckin' joke!

16. Yehoodi

Yehoodi Active Member

No you may not expect a slap on the wrist for killing someone, but one can expect a lesser sentence for first time OUI or drug possession.

Not sure what other times Gronks has been disciplined, but i might be forgetting an incident.

As for the SB49 fight, first, he did not start the fight, understandably emotions were high given what just happened and the turn of events, and second I am not sure if any of the Seahawks were suspended for that fight.

I do not recall the Ihedigbo hit, but you memory may be better than mine.

Gronk did put his elbow in the back of the guys head, but so did that player in the saints tampa bay game and i think he got one game for hitting the guy in the head from behind flying in from the other side of the field.

17. Dierking

While he was face down on the ground after the play? If you say so.

I’m not saying he’s Jack Tatum, but he’s not the choirboy you massholes like to imagine him to be.

NY Jets68 and matt robinson 17 like this.
  18. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

One thing I am yet to see is any of these P*ts fans whining about him being held admit that BB literally coaches his DB's to interfere on every play because "the refs won't dare call it every time." Gronk plays by a different set of rules according to them. He plays against a style of defense your fucking coach invented not a different set of rules. I'll be honest, i think it's fucking genius but stop crying because it's being used against you this time.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  19. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

Seems like with the exception of the Talib/Crabtree chain snatching incident all of these on field incidents have been treated lightly...Lynch ran off the bench and shoved a ref got 1 game...Green suplexed Ramsey and got 0 games...Evans and Gronks cheap shots got 1 game..if they wanna end this stuff gonna have to start handing out stiffer penalties.

NYJ79 likes this.
  20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Its bullshit. Guys are getting 1 game suspensions for football hits occurring during the play. Gronk's was after the play. That means there's no justification for that shit and its more dangerous considering the guy he hit isn't expecting anything just lying there on the field getting an elbow. Fuck Gronk and Fuck the pats

its 1 game and not 2 because the NFL wants Gronk for the marquee game against Pittsburgh anyway

#20 BrowningNagle, Dec 5, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2017