Darron Lee Out

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Greenday4537, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

He punched McCown in the face over $20. McCown is fine, Lee broke 7 bones in his hand, wrist, forearm, elbow, shoulder, and vagina.;)

2. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

His career is probably over. Once you break the vagina, it's never the same :mad:

3. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I thought Cimini got fired last week from ESPN.

4. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

Couldn't have said that better myself? And I'll add this is Mac's 1st round draft choice. The little twerp can't play any better than one dimensionally. Meanwhile, Jordan Jenkins, a 3rd round draft choice is playing better than Lee ever has without the pussy attitude. BTW, in case all of you Lee strokers hadn't noticed, the Jets played a mean hombre in the Chiefs and the defense played great without the little asshole.

5. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

The defense played great?

6. Mainejet

If Toilets laying down the law, then you know Lee violated team rules MANY times. Last week was just the straw that broke the camels back.

7. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Good to see you back, I don't know if we had this discussion already but Jenkins was considered NFL ready when he was selected by Jets.

He was spoken of as being the better all around LB when compared to his counterpart Leonard Floyd. Floyds up side was higher but he needed time to get there, Jenkins on the other hand was ready to play at next level.

I know teams preach patience with young players but if Lee is becoming a thorn in their side and his play does not merit dealing with that type of attitude I say cut him and move on, that will show that this administration is no nonsense.

It's something Bellichick would do in a heartbeat. If your not putting team first, goodbye.

JMO

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  8. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

This is why I'm glad Jets drafted Leo, who would have thought that a position of strength would lose 2 of 3 stars in less than a year?

3 consecutive seasons he's been benched for arriving late to meetings.

I'm sure Wilkersons going to be cut next year, hopefully they re sign Ealy and Pennel as well as Simon develope into good replacements for McClendon as I see him being used in a rotational situation as he gets a little older.

#28 Red Menace, Dec 4, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  9. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

I think Wilkerson and McClendon will likely be replaced next season. Wilkerson can't even deny that he's not the player he once was. I think Ealy and Pennel should deff be back, and we can use the resources used with Wilkerson to re-sign Ealy and also another player.

ColoradoContrails and Red Menace like this.
  10. Mainejet

Excellent post, Red Menace.

Honestly, I never thought Jenkins would come on the way he has? A good friend of mine and Jets fan up here told me the same thing? When I saw so little out of the entire draft last season, I thought Jenkins was another Lorenzo Mauldin.

I'm so happy to see that nothing could be farther from the truth. And I mean what I posted. Since Jenkins level of play has risen so much, he's been a better player than Darron Lee, on and obviously off the field.

As to Darron Lee, objectively he's developed into a decent run support guy. But he's still very one dimensional. Mac bragged about his versatility at the time he was selected and he's been anything but versatile? His pass defense skills are still non existent.

The behavior issues off the field really disgust me? Doing his best impression of Ike Turner (almost if not for Leo's leadership) and being late for meetings can easily be looked at as a seg way into far more egregious crimes as time goes by? It's so shocking?

However, it makes no sense to cut him. The Jets are in this thing now for better or worse. It's no secret I never agreed with the pick, but the Jets must see this thing through now to its conclusion. I follow what you say in regards to Bellichick and you're right, but I don't think Bellichick would have selected him anyway?

Truthfully, he's shown more improvement this season than most thought he was capable of. But he's still not even close to being worth the 20th overall. More like probably a 4th rounder. At this point, I'm really just hoping for a jag type player.

Red Menace likes this.
  11. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

31 Points, 474 Yds of Offense, I would hate to see the outcome of a bad defensive outing

12. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

All that is that is totally fucking ridiculous. You're making shit up. Tuff guy

#32 Walt White, Dec 4, 2017
    Mogriffjr and FJF like this.
  13. Mainejet

Hmmm...

As Sharon is still allowing in excess of a 130 QB rating to opposing QB's?

As Jordan Jenkins has been AFC defensive player of the week coupled with consistently good play in all facets of the game?

Meanwhile, conspicuously managing to keep himself out of trouble and on the field.

And yet somehow Walt White claims that I am making shit up? That what I am posting is totally fucking ridiculous?

Really I feel compelled to ask you, are you fucking Darron Lee? Because that's the only way you could have sold out the way you have?

14. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

“The defense played great”

“I know talent”

15. Walt White

Actually MJ I really thought Lee might've been out late tapping your puny ass. But then I came to my senses and realized he's a real man, not a bombastic bitch faux tuff guy. The difference is stark homey.
    The rest of that is not worth a moment of discussing. I don't think you're totally clueless, but your obviously delusional. It's a bad combo.

#35 Walt White, Dec 4, 2017
    FJF likes this.
  16. Mainejet

LOL. You do realize this pissing match only got started because of your never ending pursuit of me? Like I've ever even cared to discuss my team with you. I have responded to the thread and just like a moth to the flames you MUST respond to anything I have to post? Why are you so hell bent on constantly responding to my posts?

You must somehow remember me from other sites? Well, trust me when I say I haven't the faintest idea wtf you are, nor do I care to.

But you can also rest assured I will always tell it like it is

17. Walt White

Like I said: delusional. Holy shit.

18. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

I don't know why there's a Jenkins and Lee comparison when they play two different positions. I like Jenkins but he's basically a Calvin Pace/Bryan Thomas clone. Those guys usually aren't 3 down players. Jenkins isn't really regarded as a great pass rusher but he's been coming along nicely and has been playing way more lately. Still, with the Jets employing a 3-3-5 (Lee and Davis basically play all the snaps in the middle) Jenkins has been playing more as an edge rusher but he splits his snaps with Ealy/Bass for the most part. Lee has been playing much better as of late then the beginning of the season. These two guys development has been good so let's not discredit one for the other...

soh_vet, FJF and Walt White like this.
  19. Mainejet

I'm not comparing what they do on the field, merely comparing them in an effort to determine which player is better value. In that regard, it isn't even close. Jenkins is a better player overall but most of all, a much better value.

Jordan Jenkins has come on like gangbusters as of recently. He's already been AFC defensive player of the week for his fantastic performance against the Bills. But most of all, he's a good soldier. He does his job and doesn't place himself above the team.

Darron Lee is still a one dimensional player at best and selfish asshole that shows up late for practice because he thinks he's earned the right to make his own rules. Not cool.

Jenkins is a decidedly better value and it isn't even close.

20. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

At this point, I don't see either player being better value than the other play-wise.

As for you saying he's a selfish asshole for showing up late to practice because he thinks he's earned the right to make his own rules, you don't know why he was late. Maybe he had car trouble. Maybe there was traffic. Maybe he forgot to reset his alarm. I'm sure you've never been late to work by a single minute your whole life.

Walt White likes this.