Week 13 Studs and Duds (vs KC)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Dec 4, 2017.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Studs

Mccown - another stellar performance as he won a shootout in a game where defense was rare. 26/36 331 yards 1 TD 0 INT. He also ran for 2 TDs

Run Game - powell, forte and maguire combined for 38 carries for 126 yards.

Kearse - had his breakout game for us. 9 catches for 157 yards

anderson - back to back 100 yard games again 8 for 107. his TD streak came to an end though

catanzaro - 12 points on the day perfect 3/3 in FGs and XP

Bowles - this team was ready to play, despite going down 14-0 to start the game we didn't give up.

KC penalties - doing their best jets impression, they basically gave us like 12 chances to score from inside the 5 to take the lead late in the game.

Duds

Lee - was a healthy inactive for violating team rules

Defense - everyone gets a dud. KC had their way with us. we let up way too many big plays. kelce had 2 big TDs, as did hill, and smith ran for a 70 yard run. our defense was just bad.

stewart/hansen - i figured with kerly out one of these 2 would find a way to make an impression but they've had little to no impact. they had a total of 30 yards on 5 touches combined

ASJ - 2 for 7 yards. he's officially in a slump after a hot start. we also didn't look his way in the red zone. I wonder how much those replay TD reversals had in mortons play calling

2. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

3 out of your 4 negatives are tremendously harsh.

Lee need not be mentioned as he did not suit up, the young WR's how are they to blame for not having the ball thrown their way ? I think they have pretty much caught everything thrown at them, probably same applies to ASJ you can't catch a ball if you don't have it thrown your way, he made one excellent catch yesterday.

fansince90 and Will-I-Am-Not like this.
  3. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

Just being at the game and watching Julian Standford- he is a unique player. Not saying he is going to be a super star- but it was refreshing to see a LB have the speed to keep up with Kareem Hunt

fansince90 and JetFanInPA like this.
  4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Hansen wasn't a dud yesterday. Had a few clutch catches late.

fansince90, FJF, LAJet and 1 other person like this.
  5. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. legler82

It's not speed but technique as Lee is faster.

fansince90, JetDan and NYJFOREVER like this.
  7. legler82

Darron Lee Out
    Post by: legler82, Yesterday at 12:47 PM in forum: New York Jets

8. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

McCown was a 38 year old STUD and I couldn't be more surprised. Hats off to him. His most complete game of the year.

9. GasedAndConfused

Lee getting in trouble and being made inactive makes him a dud in my book as he was unable to do anything for a team that got shredded on defense. the other 2 are a little ticky tacky but obviously ASJ wasn't getting the ball his way, but i also seen him not in as much as well. and the lack of throwing at him in the red zone was concerning. hansen had a nice could of catches but between the 2 they haven't made up for kerlys absence. kearse and anderson have stepped up though.

10. K'OB

Again how can they step up if the guy who designs the plays then calls the plays doesn't give them a play to catch the damned ball ?

This is very akin to them not chancing Petty over McCown, it is called development of your youth, they have shown that they can catch the ball Stewart in particular looked good preseason but they seem intent on not playing to his strengths at all, same with Hanson, man he was wide open in the endzone but McCown forced it into Kearse, who done well to stay in the box but Hanson was the shot to take and the lad would have had his first career TD.

You can't call them duds for that, fair enough I will concede you Lee who stupidly let the team down but go and look in his thread and see how many people think he was no loss, one even thinks our defence played well :rolleyes:

Kearse and Anderson playing at another level which is great for us no doubt but we could still open up 3 or 4 passes towards the rookies, it just frustrates me that other teams seem to utilize their own rookies and they are scoring td's or just playing well all over the place, even unexpected ones like Kamara the RB from the Saints and that is as both a runner and a pass catching back. third round bargain, our third round WR can't get a pass thrown at him.

Saying all of that they have included McGuire our 6th round pick which I am happy about.

fansince90 likes this.
  11. GasedAndConfused

it's not really about not having the stats. yes hansen was wide open on a well design play and mccown went to kearse instead (who got the TD anyway) it's that with kerly out i wanted to see one of them step up into that slot role and they really haven't. they've gotten snaps but done little with it. now obviously they are rookies so they can turn out to be solid WRs but look what enunwa did with his opportunities last year and anderson as well. they excelled. hansen and stewart not so much. I hope they do turn out good at some point, i just wanted to see one replace kerly by now

as you point out maguire, that's my point. he was a 6th round rookie and he's made the most of his opportunities and looks great. If you were to pick the 3 best looking players in our draft it would be adams, maye and maguire.

12. oldrover

oldrover Member

McCown was fabulous... I watched as I usually do with my Jets fan BIL (2 TV's, one on Jets, one on Pats)... with McCown playing so well, and the Jets coming back again and again and again... his classic quote was:

[​IMG]

Great game. :)

13. K'OB

I am struggling to understand how they can make the most of the opportunities that they don't actually get ?

If they line up in the slot and run the route and McCown is throwing the ball elsewhere then they have done all they can, my point about him being wide open in the endzone was just that, he did his job he got wide open, was virtually jumping up and down on the spot waving his arms and still McCown went for the harder target.

Q got the opportunities as Marshall was often double marked leaving him with plenty of space to exploit and Fitz looking his way to throw it to him.

Adams, Maye and McGuire have been best, too many injured as well to tell what they could have been like.

#13 K'OB, Dec 4, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  14. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Sorry but in what universe was Hansen a dud. Caught two critical first down conversions. He caught what was thrown to him.

#14 LAJet, Dec 4, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  15. GasedAndConfused

marshall was beat up and missed time. decker was out all year. Q was our number 1. then this year anderson got thrown into the role and has flourished.

lets look at the 3 rookies maguire, hansen, and stewart

snap count on offense
    magure 187
    hansen 151
    stewart 129

now their production
    maguire 113 rec 300 rush total 413 1TD
    hansen 58 rec yards
    stewart 36 rec yards 27 rush total 63 yards

kerly who they took over for after he got suspended was at 277 snaps (3 snaps less then stewart and hansen commbined)
    he had 217 yards and 1 TD compared to them combined at 121 yards

maguire has made the most of his chances, stewart and hansen are both playing plenty but your not noticing it because they haven't done much.

16. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

You'd better watch out saying shit like this? You could end up having Walt White go democrat, ganggreen speech police on you. Lol

17. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Right. The D gives up 336 in air, and 140 odd yards to TE's and RB's but the D played great. Only an idiot would think that to authenticate some stupid notion that he has a clue of what he's looking at. Pathetic

Jets69 likes this.
  18. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Put the @ next to who you are talking about so they know you are saying it.
    @Walt White
    Like that. The man way

MoWilkBeast and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  19. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

McGuire has had far more opportunities in comparison to Stewart and Hansen. Hansen just started playing maybe 4 weeks ago, was injured pretty much all off-season.

So because Hansen didn't get 8 catches for 100 yds he's a dud? I am going to need a far better explanation here.

Also where's Morton bruh?

fansince90 likes this.
  20. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

I had seen it, thanks tho FJF. Dude just proved what I had said in the other thread before I saw it tho.

Riding piggy back on a real post by a real poster @SolidGoldBowles. Pussy proved my point for me, lol. Leave it to that schmuck to make a production like a drama queen out of it tho.

Mogriffjr likes this.