QB Letting Us Know we have Receivers

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Chrisiue, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Chrisiue

Chrisiue Well-Known Member

Say what you want about McCown playing but he is letting all of us find out that this team has receivers who can play and play at big moments. I hope Morton decides to play Hansen in a Cole Beasley type role, if he does it as well as Beasley whoever the QB is next year will have a stacked receiver core to play with, with Enunwa coming back.

Kris 15, LAJet, TonyFtLaud and 4 others like this.
  2. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Before the cry babies invade: Who thought Robbie Anderson was this good? Not me.

This dude expresses himself on the field. He's legit.

3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I think it is more about Morton's play calling than McCown's insane QB ability. I am impressed with Morton. Considering he is a rookie coach, I can't wait what he does next year. For Morton, I won't be mad if they decide to bring Bowles back. This year offense did enough to carry us to the play offs. It was Bowles' defense that laid the egg.

4. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

How far has the Chiefs fallen?

Mogriffjr and NYJetsO12 like this.
  5. LV Coach

LV Coach Well-Known Member

I'm not very impressed with Morton's calling a run up the middle on almost every 1st down. He has to mix it up a bit more. The sweeps to the outside don't gain much and often result in loss of a yard or two. The pass calling to ALL the possible receivers works.

tbruner12 and FJF like this.
  6. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I have to concede that it has been amazing watching Robby look this good. I doubt we would have seen him play like this with one of our young QBs playing. The funny thing is the only QB who deserves to come back next year is McCown. We could always draft another QB and let him sit on the bench for a year.

tbruner12 likes this.
  7. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Thank you McCown! I've personally have been able to enjoy the QB play this season, great pick up, regardless of what any the haters say, every game has been exciting and we've been in all of them.

8. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

He’s mixed it up...the offensive line still isn’t great, with Wes Johnson still being the weak link. It’s still being able to work around some deficiencies and trying to involved Tomlinson as one of the better blockers on the team or using Lawrence as a lead blocker that have helped the run game.

The pass game has looked great. And has maybe saved McCown’s career.

9. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

Agreed. Anderson has been a revelation. And Kearse, what a steal! He's been worth more than Sheldon straight up without the 2nd round pick.

10. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

By playing Mccown it makes it a lot easier for whoever is going to play quarterback next year, the team has definitely grown due to his play, something that would not have happened if petty or hack started this year

tbruner12, GQMartin and BacktoQueens like this.
  11. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

The Jets are scoring 20+ on a weekly basis with a roster I couldn’t have pictured doing it more than 3/4 times in the entire season.

I think what it’s shown is that we just need a QB with an accurate deep ball. McCown is capitalizing on a ton of throws that Fitz and Petty left on the field. They were clearly evident all over the tape last year and now that they’re falling it’s adding a whole mother dimension to this offense. If we can get Enunwa back and add a FA like Robinson with all the cap space, it can be lethal.

Cousins isn’t my favorite option, but he’s another guy with an accurate, confident deep ball and that might make him a great fit for us.

12. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

It sure will make the transition for Cousins or Bridgewater a lot easier next year.

I keep thinking about that every game that I see productive WR play, "just think Q will be back next year". Not to mention I think we have a good problem in having Stewart and Hanson unable to even get on the field who I'm pretty optimistic about.

You know Big Cat, I think another offensive FA option would be nice next year but I don't think WR is the way to go based on this group. With Powell (29yo) going into the last year of his deal and Forte on the way out I'd like to bring in Carlos Hyde. He's looked as talented as he usually does but this year health hasn't been a concern.

I say all this knowing that would be more of a luxury pickup. I'd place the needs of the team:
    #1 - Cornerback
    #2 - Quarterback
    #3 - Center
    #4 - Pass rusher

13. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Do we really need another receiver? I think the Jets have enough receivers ... maybe some potential depth overall but shouldn't need to spend major cash on a receiver. Gotta pay Q and Anderson also.

WR1 - Q (run after the catch ability; physical receiver)
    WR2 - Anderson (deep threat; but has become more then just a deep threat)
    Slot - Kearse / Hansen (good route runners; physical smart can catch in traffic)
    WR4 - Stewart

Maybe Peake comes back and does something next year.

JetFanInPA, FJF and James Hasty like this.
  14. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Rinse Wash Repeat with this Team

Ensure more years of TB of big Bank Acct and who will be another Marvin Lewis ....just watch

The team has receivers "and has definitely grown thanks to JM" True that and that's nice ....but each week we are further out of the FQB sweepsteaks

Let me guess ...the guy playing QB next year will be McGown or an aging vet because the Coach is still Coaching like it's the 1980s...SMH

You are a nice poster BudJet ...But stating you are glad we did not start Petty or Hack is completely short sighted (and I am not singling you out...many guys for years think that winning the last games of a bad year are like some great moral victory) ...playing them will let us see how good/ bad they are or even see some improvement...In addition losses put us in contention for a blue chip QB to draft...check Contrails posts how A QB in first round is a 63 % keeper/winner going forward.based on previous drafts..plus younger and less prone to injury

These wins just open the door for the Cousins crowd who will bank on HIM as as another quick fix...another expensive investment with no guarantees ...smart teams like Philly for example spend 5 future picks and grab Wentz and home grow their QB...slower steadier but smarter move imo

Jets screwing up their future for a change with small time, meaningless wins

15. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

"The transition to Cousins or Bridgewater will be easier now"

Sure ..a homegrown FQB just an afterthought ..what else is new among this Fanbase

16. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

I personally don't trust this team molding/building/growing a QB atm. Build around the position; Begin there.

Royal Tee and NYJetsO12 like this.
  17. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

Might be better to let Q pick on D's from the slot again. He's a total mismatch there. Too strong for nickelbacks.

All Gas No Shake and FJF like this.
  18. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Well I think you have a potential stud in Robby. Kearse has stepped it up big time as a very good #2 who can line up in the slot.

Of course you hope QE comes back so then you have 3 good WR's. For now, Hansen has gotten the upper hand as the #3 and Stewart has gotten more snaps lately as well. This is a very talented group

19. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Just in case you forgot:

Enunwa is coming back next year. Jets WRs are stacked, with Enunwa, Kearse, Anderson AND ArDarius Stewart/Chad Hansen.

FJF likes this.
  20. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Anderson comes to play. He plays hard and he is reliable.

Thrilled at his progress so far.

Mogriffjr likes this.