Welcome New Jets Fans! - Introduce yo self

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Sep 3, 2013.

Tags:
  1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Mo Lewis. I saw this interview with him years ago (I'm talking years ago), SOMEONE could probably find it, but I'm not that talented. It was before the Bledsoe injury, but he was relating how he was with his family in a bar/restaurant eating a burger and a few chumps went up to his table. "Hey, are you Mo Lewis?" "Yes." He thought they just wanted an autograph on a napkin, and was totally prepared to be nice. "Well, you suck, the Jets suck, your team is garbage. YOU SUCK!" Lewis didn't get mad or anything. He used to get crap like that all the time. Mean.

Also, talk about mean, Browning Nagle used to get really bad stuff from fans in arena football. He got into a shouting match with the Buffalo whatever that arena team was with some hecklers. He really lost it. Sigh. Browning Nagle. Oh, well. I guess the point that I'm trying to make is that "bums" are people.

2. oldrover

oldrover Member

Dude, thanks. I felt the same way you do, both as a Sox fan and a Pats fan. Hang in there. Things will change. That's the truth.

And of course you can't sit with your Pats fan family. That would have been like me marrying into a Yankee family back in the day. It would have been brutal.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  3. Dom Betts

Dom Betts New Member

My name is Dom I am a huge Jets fan! I go to UO and run a Jets blog!

4. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the jungle. What is UO? Ohio Univ.?

5. Dom Betts

Dom Betts New Member

Hey thanks! And no it's University of Oregon.

6. westiedog1

Oh yeah, forgot about that "O" state on the West Coast. Good thing it wasn't a Jeopardy question.

7. Dom Betts

Dom Betts New Member

Ha yeah we're easy to forget about

8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board

9. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Hey! I just realized I reached my TGG "birthday" yesterday! Happy Birthday to me!:D

I do want to say thanks to all the posters here, including those I've agreed with, and those I haven't, for giving me the chance to express my opinions, vent my frustration, and most of all, teaching me more than a few things. It's been a great outlet, especially when there's not much to pay attention to on the field.

I look forward to continuing to share and learn!:)

playtowinthegame likes this.
  10. westiedog1

Always enjoy your postings. Congratulations!

11. Metstrife

Metstrife Active Member

Hi - I'm a long standing Jets fan from Northamptonshire in the UK. The first Jet game I watched on TV was the 1986 41-3 defeat to the Dolphins. We love an underdog here in the UK and the Jets were up against the super popular Marino era Dolphins. They got battered that night, but I've loved them ever since. I grew up with my parents in the forces and my dad spent most of his time on US bases. He was and still is a huge Bears fan. Tried desperately hard to convert me. No chance. Two years ago I got to see the Jets in the UK put one over the Dophins and I'm hoping to get to Metlife in the next couple of years. I do actually think we might just be about to turn the corner - we've got some good young building blocks on this team. Lost count of how many times I've thought that in the last 30 years though...

12. westiedog1

Welcome aboard!

13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Welcome to the craziness that is this board, Metstrife!

14. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

Hi neighbour, just up the road in Leicestershire! Great to have another local member. Enjoy the ride and don't get put off by some of the SOJF's on here.:)

Brook! and Metstrife like this.
  15. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board and yes the 1986 World Series was frustrating as a Sox fan to see a team choke so bad. Also that year the Bears embarrassed the Pats in the Super Bowl and even Grogan could not save the day. I saw my first Patriot game in 1967 when they were the Boston Patriots. I am a Patriots fan and I am also a fan of the Jets going back to Namath. So I may need therapy after all.

Maybe you will bring the Jets some luck in the upcoming draft and they will find their needed franchise QB.

Welcome again.

16. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

How is this even possible my friend? :)

LarryAlRalph likes this.
  17. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

I assume you mean being a Jet fan. You see once upon a time both the Jets and the Pats fans actually use to respect each other. For example one time a Jets Pats game that involved Namath and Plunkett. It was a great QB shootout and Pats fans actually clapped for Namath that day. Back then it was easy to get a Pats ticket but for that game a lot of tickets were sold due to Namath.

Then there was Ken Obrien, what a great QB to watch. I guess my first and most favorite Jet player was Don Maynard who made the greatest catch I think ever in the AFC championship game against the Raiders. Over the years I also liked Chrebet and Al Toon.

You see back in the late sixties, if you were a fan of the AFL you tended to respect and root for the AFL teams against the stuck up NFL.

I think the hatred between the Jets and Patriots really started with the Tuna and I being an old NFL fan never got caught up in this crap.

There are other Patriot fans out there who don't hate the Jets, but I think they are afraid to come out like me.

playtowinthegame, LF911SC and Brook! like this.
  18. oldrover

oldrover Member

I don't hate the Jets either. I've got longsuffering family members who are Jets fans. When the Jets aren't playing the Patriots, I root for the Jets.

playtowinthegame and Brook! like this.
  19. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

I hate the Jets, most of the time.

Brook! likes this.
  20. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

@Patriot , @oldrover

You are welcome here. I am glad you decided to join the board. Please provide a different perspective on football. But please be mindful that we hate the Pats due to many reasons. If we ever go over the line to reflect our hatred for Pats on you, please warn us kindly. Like I said, you are welcome here. You are some of the good enemies. :)

westiedog1 likes this.