300 Home Games

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by LogeSection2RowJ, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your longevity and loyalty!!!

Champ just noted the '68 AFL championship game
    Absolutely the greatest home victory in their history

I didn't go but I stayed up to watch the replay at midnight

I was there the next year when Joe Willie and the Jets failed to score a TD on 1st and goal at the one, starting the Chiefs on their road to their Super Bowl IV victory

I agree with your highlights (and low-lights, LOL)

But what about Dec 18, 1988
    Jets 27- Giants 21
    O'Briens TD pass to Toon with 40 seconds to go knocks the Giants out of the play-offs
    It was the last game I ever attendee with my father

Walt White, NYJetsO12 and Brook! like this.
  2. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

OMG Champ!! .....plus 1000

Namath and company vs Gus otto Gene Upshaw Marv hubbard George Atkinson Fred Belitnikoff and of course....QB Daryl lamonica (Coach John Madden)

Even now remembering how nerve wracking that was to get that win!!

3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I watched it as well.

I really thought it was the start of many.

Walt White and NYJetsO12 like this.
  4. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

So now you know, LogeSection2RowJ. You're nothing but a rookie and your memories are all wrong.

LogeSection2RowJ likes this.
  5. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Sorry nah it was just a game that knocked the NYGs out of the POs but it meant nothing else for sure not like THE GAME @ Shea in Dec 68 when the game meant who would represent the AFL in the SB :mad:

6. championjets69

IMHO U should stick to your national sport which for sure is not American FB which rom your posts show U zero about American FB :mad:

7. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your achievement.

I haven't done exact math, but I'm around 230/240, and one day I'll be right there with you because I, like you, am a glutton for punishment.

LogeSection2RowJ and NCJetsfan like this.
  8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Loge,

My hat's off to you! You deserve recognition, a medal, and at least free parking for the rest of your life, if not a free PSL and tickets!

9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

During my time in NYC, I was able to make it to several Jets games. The best was the Monday Night Miracle in the Meadowlands. I was sitting in the EZ where Jumbo caught the TD pass. Many fans had left, but we stayed.

The best game I ever saw on TV other than SB III was the shootout with Miami where Wesley Walker scored 4 TDs. During those days, the Jets were on NBC and the local affiliate here showed them almost every week, if not every week.

10. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Good report; I started before you but gave up the season tickets with the move to NJ but still hit a few games a year there until the PSL situation limited my connections and the quality of football limited my desire. I'm probably at a little over 150. A couple of Shea experiences you missed were Simpson's 2000 yard season closer in 1973 and the first Shea MNF game in 1979, I think. Jets beat Minnesota but the thing I remember most was the fight that broke out beneath the big scoreboard at halftime and was still going on midway through the fourth quarter. That delay from when work/school ended until the nine o'clock start was a killer except to people selling alcohol.

Meadowlands highlight in addition to the Miracle game had to be the 41-0 Playoff win. No tension, no stress, just a rollicking good time, all night long.

11. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Champ, ownership since '65 doesn't mean you've been to more games, it just means you're older than I am ;) I've read all about your "renters"

12. LogeSection2RowJ

Great point - that win over the Giants was special too. Should've been on my list. I had six seats back then, and we allowed two Giants fans family members to come along with us. My younger brother and I secretly brought in green makeup and schemed to run to the bathroom and face-paint ourselves if the Jets took a lead in the game, which they did 3-0. Toon's winning TD was in our end zone. We chanted "Jets Eagles Rams!" all day long, which were the three teams that needed to win that day to KO the Giants. And then it happened.

Endlessly Counting likes this.
  13. MurrellMartin

I'm 30, so I don't have a storied backround like many here, so bare with me. Some of my favorites:

1997 vs Oakland - my first live W
    2000 MNF Miracle
    2002 Green Bay
    2002 Colts AFC WC
    2008 Arizona - the last game I attended with my father
    2009 New England home opener
    2009 Cincinnati Week 17
    2011 Dallas
    2015 New England
    Every single home W over Miami
    1998, 2004, 2008, 2010 - almost every home game. Team just felt different in these years.

14. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

You are like me...
    A Jet fan born of the 60s with a burning hatred for the Giants LOL

Do you remember St Wellington trying to get the Jets to move to Memphis before he signed on to the merger?

15. LogeSection2RowJ

Hey, I'm certainly with you on the Miami sentiments! That final Giants Stadium game win over the Bengals was a cold one, wasn't it?

16. MurrellMartin

So cold our beer froze. -2. Awful weather, but a memorable final game for many reasons.

17. championjets69

Yes I rented up SOME of my seats but never the 2 for my son & I. So next negative subject U wish to bring up about me go for it. If you have nothing with your time but post here go figure out how many home games I attended starting with the 65 season & terminating with the 07 season when I moved to TX :mad:

18. LogeSection2RowJ

Easy Champ! You called me a rookie first. And my comment was written with a ;) which means wink, as in teasing. I wouldn't knock you. You and I have more in common than we differ. I thought I remembered from the New Stadium thread you saying you moved to Florida in the 90's, not TX in 2007. My comment was based on that, and I apologize if I was wrong. I didn't start this thread as a contest to declare who's been to the most games.

Ralebird likes this.
  19. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I honestly can't say how many games that I've been to. My Daddy and my Uncle started going to Titans games at the Polo grounds, went to Jets games regularly from 1960-1962, then bought season tickets in 1963. My Daddy started taking me in 1970. Pelted, ha!, funny you should use that word because it's a favorite of mine when it comes to Shea. I think I got pelted in the back of the head with enough peanut shells and Rheingold caps to give me CTE. We sat in the Loge opposite the Jets side-line (my Daddy didn't want the sun in his eyes) on the 50 (I forget the exact section or row, but I have some Jets/Denver ticket stubs from the late 60s that I could dig out - they were GREAT seats). I have so many stories, I could write a book. Here are some memorable, er, memories . . .

My Daddy and I and also my two cousins had names for everyone, mostly the regulars between both Shea and Giants Stadium. We had The Three Stooges, who sat directly in front of us, because from the back, they looked exactly like Mo, Curly, and Larry. Fried Chicken Man who sat next to my cousin, because in the 2nd Q, the fried chicken would come out without fail ("Wait for it - it's coming!" - and then we would die laughing), that disgusting hideous woman with the tremendous boobs who used to parade herself around, she was Pepto Bismol, because you needed some after looking at her, and my cousin would make these dry heave noises. Cat Man because of the way he would dye his hair, Danny Aiello, you can guess why that was his name. Mr. Chubbs, one of the flag guys that would run across the field after a Jets TD and almost trip because he was so out of shape he could barely hold the Jets flag and run at all. Yes, we had flag guys, far better than the useless Flight Whores.

Haha, who remembers the HT "show" that lasted all of 30 seconds? This woman started singing the Donna Summer hit 'Last Dance' because it was all the rage at the time. All she got out was, "It's my last chance, my last chance for love, yes it's my. . . " It was partly because everyone was so sick of the song they wanted to scream and partly because of Jets fan sick and twisted collective DNA. She got booed so mercilessly and got completely drowned out she ran away crying. Brutal. 80% of the enjoyment of the games had nothing to do with the games. Sometimes I prefer to ignore the painful aspects. It's a balancing act for sure. Fun thread! More later.

EDIT & P.S.: Yes, OP, I was there for every single thing on your list!

#39 jetophile, Nov 29, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
  20. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

OK, we were Loge Section 24, Row B! : ) Just for fun . . .

[​IMG]