Lamar Jackson 2017 Games Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Big Cat, Sep 3, 2017.

1. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

@101GangGreen101 you are not concern about Jackson's collegiate career CMP%? At 57.2%; it's just 1% higher than Hackenberg's. If you can't complete more than 60% of your passes in college, it's highly unlikely you will do so in the pros.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Well I'm not on the Lamar Wagon yet, but I will say that from what I've seen, his receivers don't help him a lot. Hard to say though based on small sample size.

3. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

All 3 years though?

4. ColoradoContrails

Well I didn't see him all that time. Besides, it's what he's doing now that will be weighed.

5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

In the previous years, yes but I am very encouraged by his progression as a passer. Still has a lot of growth. He can drop a dime with the best of them. He routinely makes these great throws down the field as shown in the gifs above. Last year, he wasn't this good from the pocket. A good off-season will help him continue on.

In the nfl rookie year, I want to see bootlegs, rollouts and Pa passes. We already know about his scrambling ability.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

6. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

As much as I would like and hope the Jets will try to get their FQB in he 1st round, Jackson would be a huge reach at their spot, at this point in time anyway. Jackson will wow them in the combines, for sure, so be careful. He just adds to another long term project that the Jets already have sitting behind McCown.

7. 101GangGreen101

Lamar isn't a project. Vick wasn't a project when he came into the league, and Lamar is a better passer.

I am interested in why someone would think he's a project.

JetLifeLo and FJF like this.
  8. ColoradoContrails

I don't think he's a project in that sense, but I also don't think the Jets would use him properly.

BomberJet likes this.
  9. 101GangGreen101

I would be disappointed if they didn't know how to use him. Morton utilizes the short passing game a lot to compliment the deep ball, that's exactly Lamar's strengths. Morton can be a weirdo with the playcalling so its a possibility.

10. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Just thought I would point out that "Likes" did not come into being on this forum until the switch in 2014 to xenForo, being you have been on this forum since before that time you would have had just as much time to accumulate likes as anyone. But you keep bragging on your "like" count if that works for you.

11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Using him properly would running an nfl offense and letting him do what he does when that breaks down. Just because he is fast and athletic doesn’t mean he isn’t a qb.

12. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

this is true... but you can't deny that duel threat ability he has! and hell, the way Mac has shown us that he's almost AGAINST signing top FA o-lineman we might need a guy that can make plays on his feet!

Mike Vick JR?

13. I always liked what I saw from Jackson..he has a lot more touch on his throws than Vick did..he also seems to be a leader which is great. He reminds me of one of those “elite game managers” in the mold of Wilson,Prescott & Watson.Though Jackson might not be quite that type of field general,he likely has superior arm talent esp deep.

He has some attributes that fit the WCO but I wonder if the Jets will prefer more of a drop back passer which has been the case w this regime.

14. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

When I stated as him being a project, it's all based on what that team's typical offense is set up to do. I don't expect the Jets to utilize a run/gun QB to lead this type of team. You can't convince me of this because these types of players never succeed in the NFL. Jackson is predicted by many to be a big reach in the 1st run because of this.

15. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Jackson is running the same offense bridgewater ran. Only difference is he is fast and can scramble when it breaks down,which is often on the team he as around him. I don’t know about you but to me that seems perfect for us right now

16. 101GangGreen101

He fits EXACTLY what Morton is doing here. Jets don't have to change anything but maybe adding a few run designs in. Jackson is excellent at the short passing game and intermediate / down the seams (check the thread). Needs work on his down field passing, but he has the strength to throw to Robby (which is why I don't want Mayfield - he does not have a great arm to throw to Robby in stride IMO).

Not sure, if this is a legitimate rumor; but Charlie Campbell said this:

http://walterfootball.com/draft2018charlie.php#ixzz50V9BsbTZ

DON'T YOU DARE DO THIS TO ME NOW

17. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

How many times have we seen the rankings change as the evaluations proceed through the Senior Bowl, Combine, and Pro Day?
    That's one of the reasons I smh when some people here want to weep over the the "tank" and alleged top two rated guys from over the summer.

#117 Walt White, Dec 6, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
    101GangGreen101 likes this.
  18. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

brigewater didnt play under petrino so i dont think its the same offense

however, petrino specifically added pro concepts and formations to prepare action jackson for the league ... i would absolutely draft him in the first

JetLifeLo likes this.
  19. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

i had a feeling this would happen ... i expect him to run sub 4.4 at the combine and for the scouting community to lose their collective shit

101GangGreen101 and Walt White like this.
  20. 101GangGreen101

Happens all the time, but I was hoping Lamar would somehow stay under the radar ... but that never happens. Sometimes, the best guy isn't the first one drafted that's for sure.

Hopefully Josh Allen continues to get more love.