Josh Rosen 2017 Games Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Sep 2, 2017.

1. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Josh Rosen highlights from this past weekends game versus USC

2. Greensleeves

Greensleeves Well-Known Member

I've been hearing Mayfield is a great college QB that doesn't have the qualities of a pro QB. Developmental talent - will need time.

3. Greensleeves

Greensleeves Well-Known Member

Nah, the media will eat it up. You don't have to be a choir boy with the media - just be himself and tear up NYC. I would trade this year's one (swap) and next year's 1 and one of this year's 2s to grab Rosen. He's going to have a great NFL career if he stays healthy. The reason to go all in this year is that we have 80 million in cap space and 2 #2 picks in the draft. Put all the chips in and grab an elite QB if you can. Giants did it with Eli. Eagles did it with Wentz. Be agressive and don't look back. I'm sick of these old retreads that are no fun to watch because you know the team can't make the playoffs and will be gone the following year.

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  4. grkmanga31

I'm all for trading up, but if we win any more games we are going to have to trade a lot more than you noted in your post. Wouldn't be shocked if we have to give up 3 1st rounders if we want to move up a significant amount. Now, its entirely possible that the jets won't win another game this season and we have a top 5 pick and we won't have to trade a bunch away but remember also that if Browns want him, they'll take him at 1, if he falls to 2 the 49ers will trade the pick away to whoever offers the most.

Red Menace likes this.
  5. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

It all starts with the QB... without one you have nothing.

NYJetsO12 and grkmanga31 like this.
  6. grkmanga31

True but there are more positions on the field that the jets are short at - primarily O-line, Corner, and Edge rusher. If we trade up for Rosen and he's a star it certainly makes a huge difference but we absolutely need to address the o-line. Right now, it's either we lose out and have a somewhat decent change of getting a QB high - or going all out for Kirk Cousins.

Either ways, landing a franchise altering QB is needed in 2018.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  7. Jersey Joe 67

No doubt this team is more then a QB away from competing but without a QB that can be a difference maker we will still wind up on the outside looking in come playoff time .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NYJetsO12 and grkmanga31 like this.
  8. grkmanga31

Yep, we have holes to fill but the biggest is QB and HC for me. Get an offensive minded coach who's going to mold the offensive system around the QB and go draft a young QB (if we can get Rosen, great) or sign Cousins and fix the o-line.

We have a lot to do to make this team a legitimate contender but we can get there if the proper steps and vision for the team is used.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  9. Jersey Joe 67

Agreed ... if we are making a commitment to a rookie QB we had damn well be bringing someone in who is a QB whisperer to either be HC or get a QB coach who is experienced in the art of coaching up and pulling out the talent the kid needs to be successful and drive the franchise into the future .

I'd love it if O'Brien was let go in Houston and we fired Bowles and brought him on board as HC ... unfortunately I don't think that happens .
    I see another year for Bowles

10. grkmanga31

I think its up in the air at this point. The loss to Tampa after a nice win is one that makes owners cringe and if we lose coming off the bye week it would be a very bad mark on Bowles. Our schedule is hard the rest of the way and so losing out, or winning 1 more is entirely in the realm of possibility.

Morton is a nice OC and has experience being around Drew Brees which is confidence inspiring so if we do retain Bowles then Morton and Bates will likely be in charge of bringing along the young QB. I would of course feel more comfortable with a HC who's offense first.

O'Brien will get retained by Houston because they were playing well before Watson went down.

Red Menace likes this.
  11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Prior to the season Rosen was the bigger question mark than Darnold, Jackson, Mayfield and even Allen. Some of those guys are having down years - statistically - and now Rosen is seen by the internet nerd experts as the leading prospect of the group and the probable no. 1 pick

My question is- is Rosen just getting slated in that spot because some of those other guys have had down years statistically? Or has Rosen really improved as a quarterback?

I am always cautious of the internet mock draft nerds because they feel the need to always slate a QB in the top spot and they often are very flaky... as in, who has the better stats now. Instead of what NFL scouts look at - how good is the player/how good will he be?

12. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I agree with your sentiment, but I don't think anyone ahead of the Jets who need a QB will agree to trade regardless of how much they offer. If Cleveland is at #1, they won't give it up, and will almost certainly grab Rosen.

13. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Rosen was always there at the top, but just needed to prove it after being hurt his sophomore year. Darnold took the hype away from him, but I don't think Mayfield is touching Rosen and certainly not Allen. The Bleacher Report really hyped up Josh Allen. Rosen had a lot of hype after his first year, more then Hackenberg. After his injury ridden 2nd year, it put him at the cross roads. He's evaluated his game with a sub-par line this year.

14. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I wonder if Rosen decides to stay in school another year now that Chip Kelly has signed to be the HC there? My hunch is that he still declares, but if Cleveland has the 1st pick and he doesn't want to play there, maybe he opts to stay in school.

15. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

That would sicken me to be taken by Cleveland...he stays in school???

Mac should call his parents and tell them if he comes here he will be the toast of the town (which he would) and the Jets have millions in cap $

6 games to go D Kizer better say I wanna stay in Cleveland ahahahahah

16. rickjet

rickjet Well-Known Member

I want the Jets to get Rosen, but Cleve (new GM isn't trading out of #1) no way Giants would trade with Jets...so Rosen will be gone by 3 if
    we could get that high...

17. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

When was the last time he played a game ?

20th November since the last game report.

18. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

24th. Doesn't play again until the 26th of December in the Cactus Bowl.

He's only missed one game this year, which considering how many hits he's taken and his injury history, is a blessing.

K'OB likes this.
  19. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Another way to put it would be he didn't finish three games this year (in addition to missing as many games as he played the year before).

Red Menace likes this.
  20. grkmanga31

Rosen has officially declared for the 2018 draft

NYJetsO12, Cman68 and donkey like this.