Toilet Bowles has got to go

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Martin&theJETS, Nov 27, 2016.

1. VegasMav

VegasMav Well-Known Member

Bowels must go. He's a shitty coach. Every year we retain him keeps us from playing rookie QBs that deserve a chance to prove themselves. I'm tired of the QB retreads. Yeah, the team is playing well together, however Bowels still makes shitty decisions that make us the SOJ.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  2. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Bowles gotta go, until the Jets win another game, then they are playoff bound and Bowles is doing a great job with this overachieving roster. Then he’s gotta go again once they lose another game cause he sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

The only good thing we can all objectively say here is that Bowles has the team playing hard, and his staff selections have improved. Other than that, the same things that plagued him in year one are plaguing him now.

Cman68 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  4. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

I stated if the team continue to improve and play competitively he would probably be retained. I do not like him as a HC for many reasons and most of all like his predecessor most of the time he is out coached and with yesterday's debacle I believe the team has leveled-off, i.e., they have not improved over the last 5 games and continue to make penalties at critical times, the QB has move losses then wins, etc.

He can not be fired fasted enough for me...

tomdeb likes this.
  5. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I guess U all do not realize if Todd Bowles brain was in a bird that bird would fly back ward :mad:

tomdeb likes this.
  6. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

So Todd would be a hummingbird?....:mad:

7. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

1st bird that came to my mind is the dodo :mad:

8. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Bowles makes Bowles look bad by himself. No outside help in that department.

9. boozer32

He should not be extended. He should play on a 1 year contact and earn an extention or lose his job. I hope he either quits or is fired because is the least creative coach in the NFL.

#409 boozer32, Nov 14, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
    ColoradoContrails likes this.
  10. boozer32

It was 4 other bad years I guess.

11. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

I think Bowles should go because of the decisions that he is making, not because of the win/loss record. There is absolutely no excuse for continuing to play Mccown. The only unforgivable thing that the Jets could have done in this rebuilding year is to go into next season without knowing for certain what they have in Petty and Hackenburg. Shoveling Mccown out there so he can hold the ball too long and take too many sacks in meaningless games means that we aren't finding out for certain what we have. Its a waste and I put the blame on Bowles.

12. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Sounds like a repeat of what he's doing now..

13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I just read an article on PFT speculating that 8 or more HCs may get fired following this season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/15/over-under-on-coaching-vacancies-this-year-7-5/

The coaches they listed as possibly getting fired are:

Todd Bowles, John Harbaugh, Marvin Lewis, Hue Jackson, Bill O'Brien, Chuck Pagano, Ben McAdoo, John Fox, and Dirk Koetter.

From that list I'd definitely want the Jets to interview both Harbaugh and O'Brien.

They also said that if things fall apart down the stretch that it's possible that these coaches could get fired: Bruce Arians, Mike McCarthy, Jack Del Rio, Jay Gruden and Vance Joseph.

From this list, if fired, I'd like to see the Jets interview Arians, McCarthy and/or Gruden.

If the Jets could hire Harbaugh or Arians, I'd be downright giddy. I would be happy also with McCarthy or O'Brien, just less so than Harbaugh or Arians.

14. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Half those coaches aren't getting fired. I could see Lewis, Jackson, Pagano, McAdoo, and Koetter on the way out though.

15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I agree, but was just pointing out who some are saying could be available. In earlier discussions about this, some always said "who" would be a quality experienced offensive-minded HC that's available. Probably none of them will be, but if so, if any of Arians, Harbaugh, McCarthy or O'Brien are available, I want the Jets interviewing them.

ColoradoContrails and NYJFOREVER like this.
  16. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I wish McCarthy would become available, but I just don't see it. The team was looking great until the Aaron Rodgers injury and is still winning some games without him. Even if they lose out, McCarthy will stay.

boozer32, ColoradoContrails and FJF like this.
  17. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Ravens would be making a monumental mistake to get rid of John Harbaugh. Marvin Lewis will be fired IMO - Bengals can't get over the 1st round playoff exits with him, Hugh Jackson is the prototypical not good HC but good OC, Pagano, McAdoo, Fox, Koetter I wouldn't bother with.

Bill O'Brien has gotten a raw deal in Houston and had the team playing great but how can your team win with Watson, Watt and Mercilus all injured?

I think O'Brien is retained.

Arians is legit but there was rumor of possible retirement, McCarthy has Rodgers so I wouldn't want him, Del Rio reminds of rex ryan. Raiders are overrated at this point and very undisciplined. Gruden is interesting - maybe an interview, Joseph has no QB's in Denver but aside from his shoulder injury- Lynch should be getting a look unless they don't think highly of him.

ColoradoContrails and Red Menace like this.
  18. boozer32

I would hope it would be Harbaugh or bust. He would add instant credibilty to the organization just like Parcells did when he came in. It all starts with getting Bowels far and away from this team.

ColoradoContrails and tomdeb like this.
  19. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

in view of today's events in buffalo, you kind of wish their gm and hc were our management instead of the two guys we have.

boozer32 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  20. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

good point. Since Parcells left the jets have needed a coach who brings instant credibility, which by the way would attract free agents.

ColoradoContrails and boozer32 like this.