Josh mccown starting confirmed

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Laxg41, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Todd Ball-less strikes again.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  2. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Hopefully McCown gets his bell rung and is forced to sit

(yet turns out to be fully healthy and plays 5 more years elsewhere)

That's all I got

matt robinson 17 and NY Jets68 like this.
  3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

this is about you(collective you, not just you) wanting to see. the decision makers see everyday. when the tebots were here,getting upset about tebow not starting when 2012 was in the gutter, it was a valid argument that tebow wasn't impressing enough in practice to get consideration. not sure why its not a valid argument now.

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Comparing Petty to Tebow now?

5. FJF

comparing the fans and the situation.

6. Cman68

check...

7. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

What good will any of that do as long as we have a HC that does not have a clue as to what to do with a rookie QB? continue to bore us to tiers with a second string back up.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  8. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

For the millionth time...forget the Petty and Hack issue. As long as we have a defensive dynasour that is clueless offensively at the HC position it doesn't matter. We will continue to have a veteran QB who was never a winner, rather that take a chance and move into the 21st century.

SOJAZ and matt robinson 17 like this.
  9. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Except that Tebow had had 16 NFL starts, so there was absolutely no question what he was. That is not remotely the case with Petty.

10. Jetphan73

Jetphan73 Active Member

as usual, the voice of reason Jetaho...the idiots calling for his firing when he is in line for coach of the year for winning 4 games with such a young and unproven squad. $80mm this offseason will go a long way to restocking the missing parts on this roster...

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  11. Cman68

Don't let little things like that get in the way of a good Petty Hate session.

12. FJF

Only fans are questioning what petty is.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  13. Cman68

Hell, fans are questioning what Bowles and Macc are too. The only thing certain about the New York Jets is the uncertainty.

ColoradoContrails and Brook! like this.
  14. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Only Bowles is positive about what Petty is. Coaches with vastly better resumes than Bowles have been wrong about quarterbacks in the past (Jeff Fisher only being the latest obvious example). Frankly, I find your blind faith in the opinion of a guy who has never shown the slightest ability to understand or evaluate offense more than a little strange.

I'm still waiting to hear what the terrible result of starting Petty would be. He's terrible and they lose games? Higher draft pick and they go try to get a franchise QB. He's good and they lose games? They learn they have a QB and get a higher draft pick. He's good and they win games? They learn they have a QB, and don't need the high draft pick to still draft people like offensive linemen and edge rushers. Starting McCown accomplishes nothing for the future of the team.

#34 statjeff22, Nov 14, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  15. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

I find it suspect that although Petty had a good showing in preseason - he wasn't named starter. Bowles opted to start McCown instead of the younger option and that to me means he doesn't think of Petty highly. Unless Maccagnan is willing to admit his mistake of drafting Hack then I don't see why he would be cut next offseason.

Bowles is in the business of winning games because there's no guarantee he's back next season. He doesn't want to leave his job in the fate of quarterbacks he doesn't trust. McCown to him is probably the only viable option

16. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

McCown will be the starter though the KC game. If we're 4-8, perhaps Bowles makes a switch, but I doubt it. Might be until the Charger game and then Petty or Hackenberg are thrown a 1-2 game bone.

17. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

The reality is that the Jets do not believe their future quarterback is on the roster, and therefore, are extremely likely to be either drafting one in the first round of next year's draft (my hope), or getting one in free agency. As a result, I have accepted the reality that McCown is going to be the quarterback for (at least most of) the rest of this season.

18. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Don't mind @FJF . Fans like him are the reason fucking Woody bamboozles Jet fans for years with his terrible GM and Coach picks. FJF is the King of statues quo. He has an excuse for everything. Let McCown start. Fine. I wonder what how he will answer you regarding starting petty and Hack since we are 4-6 and out of play off race.

19. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

the coaching staff does not believe that petty nor hack are the answers ... and from what ive seen, i tend to agree

cousins and bridgewater should be available in FA
    lamar jackson and baker mayfield should be available with our first round pick

we have a lot of options for the QB position in 2018, theres no need to risk a locker room issue by playing guys that are seemingly undeserving

101GangGreen101 and FJF like this.
  20. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Calvin Watkins who covers the Jets for Newsday just tweeted "Further proof Josh McCown is the starter for a while, Jere's Jet's QB coach Jeremy Bates: 'This is professional football. This isn't Triple-A."

He followed that up saying "Bates wouldn't get into specifics as to why the 2 young QBs are not playing now, but believed they would be ready if called.

Pretty safe to say that the Jets think McCown is the only legitimate QB on the team and that Petty nor Hack will see the field, unless we are out of playoff contention at the earliest. Quite honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if we don't see them at all

Cman68 likes this.