Josh mccown starting confirmed

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Laxg41, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Laxg41

Laxg41 Well-Known Member

On the radio Todd just said josh is our starting quarterback so he will be starting and gives us the best chance to win. I know what hack and petty can do and josh is our starter........ soooooo yeah

2. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Not shocked - like I said in the start petty thread, Bowles will either start Petty or Hack or both after we are mathematically eliminated or he will really ride it out and start Josh all season. The latter would be because he is trying to squeak out as many wins as possible so as to retain his job.

I really think that at earliest, we probably won't see Petty or Hack till the Broncos or Saints game - either ways, we won't truly be getting a great read for Petty or Hack because by then the team will probably have no motivation and will know that there's nothing really left to play for.

IMO, Hack may be on this team next season purely because of his draft position, while Petty gets cut and we either draft or sign a FA QB.

3. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

Can't wait for McCown to beat the chargers on Christmas Eve and screw our draft position, a nice lump of shit in jets fans stockings

boozer32, GreenGreek and NYJetsO12 like this.
  4. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Not a surprise. From a fan's prospective, yeah we want to see Petty and Hack, but even though I don't fully agree with Bowles, I understand why McCown is starting. However, I hope (but doubt) that they have a plan for what circumstances will lead to playing Petty. If McCown plays poorly in 2 weeks and the Jets lose, I hope they bench him.

boozer32 and Mogriffjr like this.
  5. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

If the owners had any sense of urgency they should step right in and end this madness when the time is ripe - the bye week can be used to polish up whatever needs to be done to get Petty or Hack on the field. They will have a favorable playing atmosphere with 2 straight home games. What better conditions are there?

boozer32 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  6. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Bubba Gump is gonna ride or die with his quarterback, Josh McCown.

7. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Todd Bowles needs to get Jeff Fishered.

8. Ugh..again w the “best chance to win” nonsense.

SOJAZ, NYJetsO12 and Red Menace like this.
  9. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Fisher was retained for the sake of continuity, because as you know that's important....o_O

ColoradoContrails and Cman68 like this.
  10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I was ok with McCown starting until yesterday's loss.

It makes no sense at this point to try and eek out meaningless wins.

The remaining games should be used to see what Hack and/or Petty are made of.

By winning we are losing.

11. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

lol..we are currently picking 11th, you don't think it is already screwed?

Jets69 likes this.
  12. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

What a monumental jackass he is. He should be fired immediately, and instead he’ll probably be extended.

13. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Again, this is on ownership. You hire shit heads like Bowles and don’t interfere when it is obvious the season is over then you deserve what you get. Fuck this team.

14. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

You guys are a bunch of whiners. What do you expect from a coach who's 4-6? Sure, McCown isn't a long term answer, but do you recall how the young guys played in preseason - they were monumentally awful! I trust the CS knows by now what they have in Petty/Hack - If they don't give us a better chance to win, they aren't playing.

And this is really about tanking because you want that top pick for a QB. What message does it send to rest of the team to start tanking now when we still have an outside chance at the playoffs? You think the team will play hard? Will it be easy to reverse that losing mentality next year when we bring in the next Sanchize? You want a team full of guys making business decisions out there because tanking now is how you get a team filled with those selfish pricks, and we just cleaned house to get rid of those guys!

Sorry to be so sarcastic, but this team has a lot of positive energy and with a few more pieces and some decent QB play, things might be looking up in the future. I don't want to jeopardize that positive momentum just to we can move up 5-8 draft spots to take a player who could still bust. Support your goddamn team.

15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

The Jets are doing exactly what they've always done. No surprises in store for 2017. Maybe Todd will stage another one of his "QB competitions" in 2018 so there's that to look forward to. McCown of course will win it and we'll get McCown 2.0 who gives us the "best chance to win". I guess the only question remaining for 2018 is how big an extension Todd and Macc will get and how many years will McCown get. Maybe he can play until he's 40 like Brady.

Tagging out on 2017 folks.. No real reason to watch unless the kids get playing time. Thank goodness for Blackfish season..Nice to have alternatives on Sunday.

16. Greensleeves

Greensleeves Well-Known Member

No, that's not true. Petty looked really good and much improved before he got hurt. He is a lot more dynamic than McCown and this offense needs energy. The game had slowed down for him. He should play the rest of the season. Playoffs are out of the picture already.

17. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter

Whether it's Joshy Petty or Hack we are losing and losing some more...Carolina KC Denver lmao New Orleans Where are we winning???

Payoff: 4-12 we get a dream pick for FQB

18. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

For the eighty billionth time, this is not about tanking. This is about seeing what you have at the QB position so you can make an intelligent decision come draft/free agency time. Continuing to play McCown accomplishes absolutely NOTHING at this point of the season, other than showing that the management of the Jets doesn't have a freaking clue. How anyone can't see that at this point is beyond me.

19. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

THIS

20. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

He was playing against guys who are working in hardware stores right now and had 1 good preseason game, against the Giants scrubs (he came on after the half in a game where we were being blown out). Come on.

FJF likes this.