Josh Rosen 2017 Games Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Rosen lost his main outlet receiver Caleb Wilson a couple of weeks ago. It'll be interesting to see if he can adapt to not having sure hands in the middle of the field on 3rd down. I'm guessing yes but it remains to be seen.

2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Caleb Wilson was their only sure handed receiver. He'll definitely struggle without him for the rest of the year. His stock should take a hit because of it. Then add the fact that the Bruins have to score 35+ just to stay in the game and it's a recipe for disaster. Wilson was well on his way towards being an All-American. Lots of inexperience on that roster with a lot of players dropping passes.

grkmanga31 likes this.
  3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

The SB is almost always played in warm weather or indoors.

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

However first you have to get through New England, Pittsburgh, Denver or KC and January weather is bad in all 4 places. This year Watson will probably have to go through Pittsburgh or Denver, followed by New England and then KC to get to the Super Bowl.

Leicester Jet and grkmanga31 like this.
  5. 101GangGreen101

Mac has seen Rosen play a lot in person.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. joe

joe Well-Known Member

If so he saw one big arm

attached to one big pussy yesterday.

[​IMG]

(and jake browning sucked as well)

...TGG radio silence : : )

xxedge72x likes this.
  7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I wonder if Mac actually drafts Rosen, would Bowles play him or make him sit a year or two or three.

8. 101GangGreen101

Bowles would start him as a rookie, he's an absolute bookworm. He'll find a way to get on the field

9. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I’m dead set on Rosen.

I’d settle for Lamar Jackson.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  10. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Rosen is the most pro ready QB coming out. His problems stem from 2 main places - hero ball where he feels the need to carry the team on his back and subsequently forces passes and the second place is he is very opinionated and in a big market like NYC, that may be a big problem.

He can clean up both and be the FQB but he needs to stop turning the ball over, and sometimes saying nothing is better than saying anything.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  11. joe

joe Well-Known Member

and off

https://larrybrownsports.com/college-football/espn-josh-rosen-toughness-leadership/405547

ESPN’s announcing team for Saturday’s UCLA-Washington game raised questions about Josh Rosen’s toughness and leadership after the Bruins quarterback exited the game in the third quarter.

Rosen got hurt in the middle of the third quarter and went to the locker room with what the announcers said was a finger injury. He was replaced by Devon Modster. When he emerged from the locker room in the fourth quarter, he was in street clothes.

After the game, UCLA head coach Jim Mora offered little about the nature of Rosen’s injury.

The uncertainty surrounding his situation didn’t stop ESPN’s announcing team of Brock Huard and Bob Wischusen from questioning Rosen’s toughness. They brought up examples of other quarterbacks who have played hurt and said NFL scouts and teams would wonder about how tough the QB is if he was sidelined by a finger injury.

As if that weren’t rough enough on the QB, sideline reporter Allison Williams joined in a few minutes later by questioning Rosen’s leadership.

“I’ve been watching him down on the sidelines, and I gotta say I did not like how he responded as things went south,” Williams said during a fourth quarter report while UCLA was trailing 37-16. “At the beginning of the game he was engaged, he was asking a lot of questions, which is his trademark. And then as he started to struggle, he got quiet. And the one thing I noticed: When things weren’t going well, it wasn’t him going up to his teammates saying, ‘Hey, we’re going to be alright.’ It was his teammates going up to him saying, ‘Hey, are we going to be alright?’

“I just thought it was interesting, when things got tough, the way he got quiet.”

Rosen had by far his least productive passing game of the season, going 12 of 21 for 93 yards and a touchdown in the game. The junior is in the mix to be the first quarterback drafted if he chooses to leave school. There have been a lot of questions about his character considering some of his actions, such as his comments about school and football, his hot tub incident, and his Trump hat, among other things. On top of all that, now he has TV announcers editorializing and being critical of him too.

12. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Those are definitely damning and should be asked about when he's in front of NFL GMs. That being said, it's 1 report, 1 game.

13. grkmanga31

Rosen has some personality traits as exhibited above, that are admittedly worrying. I honestly think Rosen is tired of having to carry the team but quite honestly, it's no excuse. You're the quarterback and have to bear the burden of being the guy, game in and game out.

If we somehow land him, he better toughen up because the media will eat him up and so will this fanbase.

#273 grkmanga31, Oct 31, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
    ColoradoContrails likes this.
  14. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Jets should pass if they even get an opportunity to draft him. He'll be eaten alive in this market. Need a QB with thicker skin.

Too many interceptions as well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

15. grkmanga31

Which is why securing a guy like Cousins is also a good alternative. Should be very interesting to see how the rest of the season plays out

#275 grkmanga31, Oct 31, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
    Imagesrdecieving and xxedge72x like this.
  16. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

It could have been a paper cut & he should've sat. No potential high first round pick should tough out any injury. His sole responsibility is to himself. Survive the next month & make it to the NFL Draft healthy. UCLA is going nowhere, and the coach may get canned. If he could, i'd tell him to sit out the rest of the year.

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  17. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Hopefully he drops to the Jets pick come April, this kid has what it takes to play in NY.

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  18. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I wouldn't panic over one report. It's concerning, but doesn't prove he wouldn't be great here. After all, all athletes that play in NY have to learn to adapt. Very few are impervious to the microscope that exits here. It's also one person's observation, not an in depth analysis.

19. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Just going by my eyes. Give me Baker Mayfield.

20. 101GangGreen101

Dude has a limited arm, perhaps I would draft Mayfield in the 3rd round.