I have diabetes.

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Sounds like that might get all higgledy-piggledy.

2. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

I got warned about my blood sugar and cholesterol, and that I was approaching a pre-diabetic state. He wanted to put me on meds and I said i would consider that after 6 months after my next blood test. I changed my diet similarly to what you did. The numbers went down, fast. That was over two years ago.
    After looking around and reading up I have determined that I have become insulin resistant somewhat. Through further trial and error I've come to the point that the more my diet is plant based the better I feel and the better I do. No sweets except once in a blue moon. No refined carbs either. Minimal amounts of meat without sweets and carbs. Meat and carbs will put me into an inflamed state. The whole Ketogenic diet got me started, but too much fat stopped working for me. Moderate fat, with a plant based diet, moderate meat, careful with fruit, and no refined sugars, and grains, and refined foods/junk food.

RPOZ51 likes this.
  3. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

From my perspective, it sounds like you were lucky.

I hate the idea of taking meds for the rest of my life, but once I got to this point, and needed stents, a diet-only approach was out of the question. I'm lucky that I didn't have a heart attack.

I wish I could do it without sounding like an infomercial, but I want to say to people, "Look at where I am. I used to be you, but I did whatever I wanted and didn't listen to anybody. Don't make the same mistakes I made."

Walt White likes this.
  4. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

You're probably right. I was reckless in some of my habits going back to when I was young. Gorging on ice cream and Suzie Q's was what got me to that state, kind of like my last bad habit, and being naive that nothing could happen to me like that. Looking back that was really messing with my quality of life. And I'm paying the price nevertheless. Your message is spot on.

5. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Have they taken your order yet? I recommend the super size poutine fries. With extra gluten.

6. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Type 2 is because your body is not purging all the sugar in your body & can normally be treated orally. Type 1 means U R producing no insulin & you will now be taking insulin shots the rest of your life.

7. ChrebetCrunch

ChrebetCrunch Well-Known Member

The betus, especially type 2 betus, is pretty manageable. In some cases, it can be reversed, and at the very least, you can get it to the point where it is undetectable. My father is type 2, and he initially reversed it. He went back to his old ways and got it again. Now he is on medication and insulin. Not only type 1 diabetics need insulin.

Keep moving. Walk, walk, walk. Ride a stationary bike. Do weights twice a week. Let me know if you need help with anything.

8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I'd like to thank everyone who has contributed to this thread! Please feel free to add to our knowledge of this newly minted silent killer that will claim many we know as victims unless we start to take a really hard, honest look at what we do to ourselves daily.

I'm not a religious man by any means but I do firmly believe that: "God helps those who help themselves"

RPOZ51 likes this.
  9. championjets69

Yes very severe type 2 you will require insulin. However, once U R afflicted it can be not be turned around only controlled by meds or insulin sorry to say. The medical profession has still not found the way to restart the pancreas once it has slowdown (type 2) or stopped all together (type 1) :mad:

10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I'm so fat its hard for me to stand up for the national anthem but Buster Skrine absolutely sucks in man coverage

11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

With 3 concussions in 2 years, I'm amazed he can remember the coverages at all.

12. coloradojet

coloradojet Active Member

It really looks like that is no longer true. You can reprogram or kill damaged pancreas cells and any other cells and replace them with new working cells by activating stem cells. You can do this yourself through a new diet that mimicks fasting. You eat about 1190 calories for one day followed by about 750 calories for the next four days. It's called the fast mimicking diet by Valter Longo USC professor. You need to this diet three times to replace all of cells that are no longer working. And it works for cancer and heart disease too. Valter Longo says not to eat any sugar or animal protein. You can buy his diet kit that I think costs about $200 for one five day diet or you can eat your own food as long as you don't exceed the number of calories. Basically, it has the same effects as fasting while you are still eating something.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SCoXSzOAYaU" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. championjets69

I'll take it up with my MD and naturally ask him the question why he has not prescribed this procedure for me :mad:

RPOZ51 likes this.
  14. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

Good luck DWC and everyone else here.
    I’m generally pretty critical of our (popular) culture. But one thing I truly applaud is people being able to be open about and share hardships. I think fifty years ago this kind of thing didn’t happen. And it still doesn’t happen everywhere. But this is an example of where society is moving in the right direction.
    Sorry to go off track there. My point is, thanks for sharing your story and I’m glad to read you’re doing well!

15. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Surely this would have worldwide headlines :eek:

16. championjets69

Exactly :mad:

17. championjets69

H'mm I wonder why your alleged reversal is not a World Wide Known Fact. I think you should invest in a MD visit & ask the MD what is True & not true in what you posted :mad:

18. ChrebetCrunch

ChrebetCrunch Well-Known Member

IN SOME CASES. I suggest that you take a reading comprehension class.

A 5 second Google search came up with this.
    https://www.webmd.com/diabetes/type-2-diabetes-guide/reversing-type-2-diabetes#1

""The term 'reversal' is used when people can go off medication but still must engage in a lifestyle program in order to stay off," says Ann Albright, PhD, RD. She's the director of diabetes translation at the CDC."

19. vegaskarl

vegaskarl Well-Known Member

I have been a diabetic over twenty years and i have been lucky because I do not take care of it has well as I should. I do not have neuropathy, kidney damage or heart problems.I am past taking pills and I am on insulin (40 to 50 units twice a day). Diabetes is progressive and does not get better. The longer you have it the more medicine you will need to control it. Good luck to all of you and put down the pizza and beer. That includes me.

20. championjets69