Toilet Bowles has got to go

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Martin&theJETS, Nov 27, 2016.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I hope so, someone needs to take advantage of those opportunities on the outside ... he was doing it late last year, I hope he can get back to that level of play and take it from there.

He was definitely noticeable against the fins and I like Jenkins too

Walt White likes this.
  2. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Do you even watch these games? Now you're gonna bring up Mo too? C'mon man, you're trying way to hard to interpret things that make Bowles look bad. It's fantasy.

#362 Walt White, Oct 25, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
  3. 101GangGreen101

but Mac just got rid of 2 of the cbs, maybe they should sign someone? who is responsible for that? Skrine does suck, but he almost had 2 picks on Brady so you see why Bowles takes a chance.

4. Walt White

I thought maybe in the Pats game too. Yeah, hopefully it's coming together for him. IDK about sacks, but a good tough edge guy would be a good thing.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  5. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I'm not saying he should cut Skrine - yet - but if Skrine saw his playing time reduced for persistent poor play maybe he would get more focused. Or maybe he just sucks, as you said, and sitting him won't help, but it might send a message to the rest of the players that need to hear it. I just think it's a tactic that Bowles should have in his toolbox.

6. 101GangGreen101

Jets definitely need a difference maker on the other end, I see Jenkins as a better version of Calvin Pace. Like you mentioned set the edge and I see a 5 to 7 sack a season type player in his prime. I think back and man it really sucks Dylan Donahue got hurt, I didn't know how good he was until I saw him out there in week 1 of the regular season.

Walt White likes this.
  7. Walt White

That's fair. Need to see him come on more.

Same here with Donahue, I didn't miss him til he was out. He's a gamer and was all over the field. The loss of depth there hurt them right away.

8. 101GangGreen101

well maybe we should wait until we see how many snaps he gets next week? apparently he has a concussion

9. ColoradoContrails

Well not playing him because he's hurt isn't really the same as benching him for disciplinary reasons.

10. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

I wish they had not traded mcdougle--i thought he had a great camp

TwoHeadedMonster and CBG like this.
  11. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Records are misleading because even if he is almost 500 with two journeymen QB’s, throughout his tenure he has done a lot of stupid shit. Instead of letting Skrine continue to play like ass, Bowles should have taken him out of the game. It displayed his inability to adapt and/or his inability to hold older players accountable, which was very obvious last season when the locker room was cancerous and old high paid players simply took a stroll on the team and were never reprimanded or benched.

Is it any wonder why the jets up 14 in back to back weeks, got ultra conservative? Imo that either means Morton is just as conservative or he’s being directly told by Bowles to reign it in a bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  12. 101GangGreen101

but like I said before, what other options does Bowles have at CB? 2 corners were just removed from the team and 2 were put on IR

13. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Get the Cromardie cousins in here

Hahaha

14. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I don't understand why they traded McDougle AND cut Marcus Williams.
    I figured they must like Xavier Coleman but he just got IR'd.

There is no one left but Skrine to play the slot. Maybe we will see more Roberts on the outside tho.

15. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Gotta say that was very un Mac like to leave us shredded at CB

Once Bowles and Kacy have a man crush on one player like Skrine as your go to guy it's hard to break ...hahahah

boozer32 and tomdeb like this.
  16. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Have to wonder about Todd Bowles' Coaching status right now. Many of us assumed he would be FIRED by season's end if not before. However, he has taken this young, not very talented, or star driven team and made them a competitive team. They are (4-5) but should have won against New England and Miami. A play or two beats Atlanta too. Week 1 and 2 they were bad, but they were a makeshift roster. All of this with 38 year old Josh McCown at QB too. It's impressive.

The rest of the schedule is pretty tough. If they go (2-5) down the stretch, is (6-10) enough to save his job? I don't know. Might be.

Thoughts?

boozer32 likes this.
  17. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Unless they totally fall apart down the stretch (always possible), it's going to be hard to not bring Bowles back. People can't have it both ways. The vast majority of people (pundits and fans, alike) were saying that this team had no talent and that it would be a miracle if we approached 0.500. Most people thought we were a lock for a top 2 or 3 pick. Our over/under in Vegas was 3.5. So, if we keep playing competitively and finish even close to 0.500, that is overachieving any way you cut it. I wouldn't want to put a record on it. For me, it's more about how the young players continue to develop going forward.

The thing that has impressed me most about Bowles this season is that he has consistently gotten a really good effort from the team. They haven't had a single no-show this season. Even the blowout loss to the Raiders was very competitive in the first half, and personally, I think the game would have gone right down to the wire, if not for the muffed punt. That play changed the entire complexion of the game.

Furthermore, I was particularly impressed with how they responded on Thursday night. This was a team coming off three straight, brutal, heartbreaking losses. It's very hard to keep getting up for big performances after getting your heartbroken over and over again. I thought this team displayed a ton of mental strength and maturity this past Thursday night. I also think the perpetual strong effort demonstrated by this team serves as a powerful indication of the fact that the players genuinely like (and respect) Bowles. IMO, that is an extremely important factor that points in Todd's favor.

#377 slimjasi, Nov 4, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
  18. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Wins aren't the main factor though. It's how they progress, at least according to multiple sources including Woody's brother. If they keep playing like they are, turning up and competing hard then two more wins would certainly see him back I would think.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  19. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

I think the main thing he has done to solidify his job is hiring an excellent staff. These players are developing. The offense is productive...defense is suprisingly inconsistent but they played very well Thursday night.

20. ColoradoContrails

I'm not a Bowles fan, but according to sources, he was told that he and Macc would not be measured by W/L, but by whether the team improved and played competitively. On that basis - much as I hate to admit it - I think he returns, and quite possibly is extended. Extending him at this point would be a mistake IMO though since he did great his first year but then flamed out his second. Let's see how the whole season works out and if he's retained, how next season unfolds.