2017 Playoffs Thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by Yisman, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

That's how you hold on to the ball Sanchez!!!

2. Royal Tee

U HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME WITH THIS FUKIN SZ!!!!!!!!!!

3. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Ugh gettin low on house money

Royal Tee likes this.
  4. Royal Tee

Sanchez drops the ball.........again..wow.

Welp, was a fun year but there should be some changes... we need bats

typeOnegative13NY likes this.
  5. typeOnegative13NY

Top of the order . Now or never .

Royal Tee likes this.
  6. Royal Tee

Look how arrogant these fukers are with a 4-0 lead.... what a bunch of Twats,,lmao

7. Royal Tee

This has been the story for the last 4-5 years... I go to the stadium and see a lineup with 1 .300 hitter or none.
    We had a few guys stepping up this year but again when u look at the scoreboard and you see .230 and .240 littering the lineup it's gonna bite you in the ass more often than not.

That said, this year we had 5-6 guys who finished .270 and above but we need someone at the top of the lineup who is a monster.

IMO, Gardner is not that guy... it starts there.

8. Royal Tee

Judge is the 4th batter this inning? hmmm

9. Royal Tee

10. typeOnegative13NY

Remember the days when you just knew they were gonna come back. I keep thinking of Alcs game 7 in 03. Still a young team with a lot of bright spots if they fill the holes correctly . I like judge a lot but one hr per ten strike outs ...

Jonathan_Vilma and Royal Tee like this.
  11. typeOnegative13NY

Whole lineup just laid the hell down the last 2 nights.

Jonathan_Vilma and Royal Tee like this.
  12. Royal Tee

That lineup choked but when you have to defend a 50ft strikezone..jussayin'

We made too many mistakes but better this year than next. For them to get this experience now that's BIGLY HUGE!

That said..I agree. Bats let us down and Sanchez behind the plate was a big minus. His defense was absolute garbage but he made it up at the pl...oh no.. .204

As I said, I'm am no fan of Gardner. He's a #9 lifer and has no business being at the 1 spot.

Toddfather hit .195 .. Love this guy but oof. That looks more like his exit off the Turnpike.
    Judge and Hicks .204

I will say this... Tanaka (0.90 era) and CC showed heart BIG time....

I love where we're headed but we need to shore up some spots.

13. typeOnegative13NY

They made it too easy early on by being to aggressive at the plate . That and like you said, the bs strike zone . Def agree on Gardner. I still can't believe they did that with just Morton and mccullens.

Royal Tee likes this.
  14. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I want Eric Hosmer bad. Imagine him in this Yankees line up. They need to find a way to get him. He has that clutchness that was missing most of the series for the Baby Bombers.

Still really proud of the team, but they blew it in Houston. Could have won all 4 of those games. I take nothing away from the Astros or Verlander though. Clearly a great team. The World Series is a good match-up with the Astros and Dodgers but I will not be watching. Haha.

Royal Tee likes this.
  15. typeOnegative13NY

i can't watch much baseball just to watch; has to be the Yankees for me to watch every pitch. Football I can watch all day: but I probably won't watch much either . I told myself regardless of what happens I won't be disappointed because the Yankees over achieved anyway. Never works lol, to be one game away with 2 chances. But if they make the right moves this off season we'll be right back next year. Hopefully win the division. Home field proved to be huge this time around.

The Dark Knight and Royal Tee like this.
  16. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

hottest Game 1 in World Series history tonight.

Over 90 degrees in LA at first pitch.

17. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

it was actually 100+ at first pitch

Los Doyers take Game 1 in 2:28, 3-1 final

18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The whole team needs to work on two strike hitting and learn to shorten their swings. The old adage of 'choking up with two strikes.' It's amazing what putting the ball in play can do for a team. The Astros are obviously a perfect example.

5 guys with 100+ strikeouts. Another with 93 (Castro) who would've been over a hundo if he started the whole season and Judge obviously over 200. They balance it out with a ton of walks obviously.

It's a shame that Didi doesn't walk. Because he'd be a good guy at the top of the lineup. He strikes out some, yes, but he's a good contact hitter and definitely shortens his swing with two strikes. He just doesn't see enough pitches to be hitting 1 or 2.

19. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Totally agree. I can't watch baseball if it's not the Yankees. And I played for a decade and love the sport. Just have no interest in say a Cardinals vs. Brewers game. Even the World Series game one bored me.

I sort of want to shed the high payroll stigma and roll with what we have. We have so many young infielders I'd rather see Andujar or Torres get a chance before we sign another bat.

Not to mention that next season both Machado and Harper are free agents. I don't want Harper because he's a cocky SOB. He'd hit a ton of friggain homers here though. Machado would be a dynamite third basemen to hit in the 3-hole with Sanchez and Judge hitting behind him.

At the same time this team sort of desperately needs another pitcher. I'd bring CC back one year/$12 million.

Tanaka is really going to tie our hands if he opts out and seeks that 5-6 year deal. He was dominant in the postseason even though he struggled throughout the regular season. But we need him. And he and his agent probably know this.

At the same time he'd probably seem crazy since he won't get the money he's getting now if he opts out. Pitching is thin this offseason.

20. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yeah, understood. I just think of the value Hosmer brought to that Royals team. Won the World Series in 2015, baserunner away from winning it in 2014. Not a great roster either. Adding him to this Yankees lineup would be unfair to the rest of the league, in my opinion. I also think he would make the Red Sox hard to beat too. So the signing is slightly similar to keeping A-Rod from the Red Sox in 2004, the difference is Hosmer is a class act, winner.

Harper definitely wants to be a Yankee and would dominate in the Stadium. I personally don't care about the high pay roll talk. I think if you have the ability, you should use it. This young team was pretty close this year. Hosmer or other mentioned could definitely put them over the top, in my opinion.