Next 3 Games...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jeti, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

at Miami
    vs Atlanta
    vs Buffalo(Thursday)

Currently sitting at 3-3 if we come out of these 3 games either 3-6 or 4-5 then I feel we should hand it over to Petty and/or Hackenberg.

Being under .500 through 9 games usually means no playoffs and after that we have TB, BYE, CAR, KC, DEN, NO, SD and NE

If we can't handle 2 of the next 3 then we should definitely play more young guys(Petty, Hack, Stewart, Hansen, Leggett, McGuire)

2. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

I can’t see it. At 3-6, Bowles is coaching for his career - he’ll be aiming for a “respectable” 8-8.

I think you’ll only see the rookies if we have an OK record *and* are missing the post-season.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

You ain't seeing the kids until week 12 at the earliest. This season isn't about either of them.

matt robinson 17 and grkmanga31 like this.
  4. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

If we blow the next two then yeah, it's time to start Petty. Man it would be a waste of a season if we don't at least try out Petty or Hack. If rather not see the latter though.

#4 pdxdrew, Oct 16, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  5. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

You guys don't understand that they aren't going to just hand the position over to Petty or Hack. If we're 3-6 because McCown threw 10 picks and fumbled 3 times over the next stretch then sure. But if he's playing even fairly well there's no way they're putting another QB in.

And it's not just the QB position. We claim that Bowles doesn't like to play young guys yet we're the first team since the merger to start two rookie safeties. McGuire has received plenty of work even before the injuries to Powell & Forte. They play guys who prove they deserve to play.

They watched Stewart and Hansen all off-season then decided to bring in Kerley because they felt they weren't ready to be regular contributors. Maybe they haven't picked up the playbook, maybe they're not conditioned well enough, only the coaches really know. The players aren't being held hostage, they play when they can show they deserve to.

The funny thing is when the young guys play early and struggle we all kill them for it. See Lee, Mauldin, Pryor, Davis, Winters, etc.

#5 Kris 15, Oct 16, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  6. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Stewart has been getting a bit more plays lately too...So it seems like they want to give him the ball...And see what he can do.

BacktoQueens and hornblower like this.
  7. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Er do you realize that the NYJs think so much of Hack that he has been inactive the last 2 games? :mad:

tbruner12 and The Dark Knight like this.
  8. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I'm not so sure about that. If the Jets are at 3-6 with blowout loses to Miami, Atlanta, and Buffalo, then I think he's coaching for his job. If the team is losing close games then I doubt his job is on the line. As of right now I'd say Bowles job is pretty safe through six games.

hornblower and Walt White like this.
  9. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

With the way these games are going nothing would surprise me. Who would have thought the Fins would win in Atlanta or the Giants would win at Denver. Last week Pit gets killed at home to Jacksonville but then wins at KC yesterday. As for the Jets and these next three games I think they can win them all and yes I know the Jets have their issues but so do the Fins, Falcons and Bills. In Atlanta's case they may not be as good as everyone thought. I expect close games against the Dolphins and Bills as divisional games usually are close. I also think the Jets D should be able to handle the Dolphins and Bills offenses as neither of those teams are explosive on that side of the ball.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

AFC East teams seem to have the Falcons' number this year. First Buffalo, and yesterday, the Fins beat them. Of course, it would be typical Jets to lose to the Falcons. If the Jets beat them, it would give more validity to the team and the job that Bowles has done.

11. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Atlanta looks horrible in the second half of games, if the Jets can slow them down in the early stages then I think it bodes well for us.

12. Thewatchfuleye

Thewatchfuleye Active Member

Atlanta and Miami are probably rather winnable. The Bills game is a toss up on a Thursday, depends probably on how their defense shows up. I don't see the record leading to it.

13. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I'd say it's the next 4 since that takes them to the bye. If they're 3-7 or even 4-6, I'd hope they strongly consider going to Petty.

At this rate, McCown would seem like a good choice to be the veteran/stopgap for the QB the Jets draft in 2018

Of that group, I especially want to see Stewart more

14. Thewatchfuleye

Thewatchfuleye Active Member

As long as he holds up I'm fine with McCown for that.

15. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Only 2 QBs are active anyway, Petty is the #2. Er...duh

Jets69 likes this.
  16. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Those are 3 winnable games. Anything less than a (5-4) record would be terrible by Bowles. Funny season, as some fans still want to tank at (3-3) where others are hoping for a potential playoff birth, when the reality is still the same as the beginning: a (5-11) to (7-9) team.

FJF likes this.
  17. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Predicting games down the road is silly. Half the team may be injured by then. (See Aaron Rodgers)

18. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

After we almost beat the Patcheaters and the called back TD I see us in all these games

Hmmmm...how many do we win?? IMO it's 50/50 which is more than I believed in August

If we lose all 3 then it's still a win for the Tank and bye bye Bowles(?)

boozer32 likes this.
  19. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Damn guess we should close down the message board.

R.I.P TGG

hornblower likes this.
  20. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

Idk...accurate qb's with great wr's and all day to throw is a recipe for a good ol bowl of Loss!
    Defeating Atlanta and Buffalo will take some big plays on D imo.

#20 fansince90, Oct 17, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
    tbruner12 likes this.