Curtis Martin Think The Jets Will Make The Playoffs This Year

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by boozer32, Oct 11, 2017.

1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Curtis Martin probably has CTE.

Section 336 likes this.
  2. horsehead

horsehead Well-Known Member

How the hell are we scoring 55???!

3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Eh. If Tomlinson counts then so do Art Monk and Ronnie Lott, no? Ronnie Lott played more games with us than LT did.

4. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

To me there are three players (Namath, Maynard, and Martin) and one coach (Weeb). Riggins could have been, but he didn't do enough here before the Jets got rid of him, and I don't count people like Tomlinson and Lott. There should be four other players (Joe Klecko, Gerry Philbin, Winston Hill, and Larry Grantham), but only Klecko has even the slightest chance. I guess I should add Revis as well, as I'm sure he'll get in.

ajax and boozer32 like this.
  5. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

You go to the Hall of Fame website they count them all. They even count Parcells.

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Idk why but for some reason that's hard for me to believe that Lott played more games as a Jet.

but I agree with you they aren't Jets Hall of Famers

7. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I think Klecko, Mawae and Revis all get in eventually.

8. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I forgot about Mawae - he is clearly deserving also. Mangold also has a shot, but I think it's less likely for him.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  9. Rivers23

Rivers23 Active Member

I disagree. I think we've been overperforming. We won 3 games based on our young players playing their hearts out. That can only get us so far. I don't even really care about the playoffs, even though I guess it would be nice for these young guys to feel the atmosphere of the playoffs. Regardless, just seeing them play this hard makes me happy and optimistic for the future.

10. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Curtis Martin will never say anything untoward about the Jets. Ever. Does anyone remember in 2010 when he gave that glowing, personally written framed letter to Woody Johnson? Curtis Martin was a courtin'. He has been toying with the idea of owning/partial owning an NFL team for quite some time, was scoping out the Bills and went, mmm, nah, on Miami. If Curtis Martin ever gets a real opportunity to buy into the Jets in any percentage, shape, or form, I would flip out. So, yeah, he's never going to say anything bad.

11. jetophile

Funny you should say that. Marty Lyons resents that comment. Get it right. It was 56-3. God, that game sucked. AT LEAST IT WAS AN AWAY GAME.

12. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

The best part about that game is that the Jets beat the Patriots in the playoffs that year. Sweet revenge. So we should all root for the Jets to get blown out.. cuz history and stuff.

13. Jonathan_Vilma

Lott played 31 games as a Jet. LT only played 29.

Probably because LT played a lot more meaningful football with us than Lott did.

14. Jonathan_Vilma

I don't doubt it, but I find it strange. He's touted as someone that never truly loved football. He just played it because he was good at it and saw it as a way out of hardships for him and his mom. He supposedly doesn't even watch the games.

15. jetophile

He HATED football, but he was really smart from the very beginning. NO CLUBS, hired a housekeeper who cooked him healthy food before he got home from practice, and then he went to bed. Yawn, how pedestrian. That's how he spent his $700K salary when he first came to the Jets. Oh, and he banked it. Oh, and he's rich. And yeah, team ownership he was window shopping and probably still is. I never did hear if made beau coup bucks from his Lloyds of London suit.

16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I always thought that the player inducted chooses what team he wants to represent when he enters the hall.

I guess I was wrong. From profootballhof.com

Is a New Hall of Fame Member Enshrined as a Member of a Team?

Obviously, teams take great pride in the accomplishments of individuals who have been a part of their organization. Often individual teams and even the Hall of Fame will list enshrinees according to the team or teams on which they spent a significant period of time. An enshrinee, however, is not asked to “declare,” nor does the Hall of Fame “choose” a team under which a new member is enshrined. When elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, an individual is recognized for accomplishments as a player, coach, or contributor.

boozer32 likes this.
  17. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

That would be amazing for the Jets if Curtis bought some sort of share, and led the strategic decisions going forward with HC and GM reporting directly to him.

18. jetophile

The thing is is that Woody Johnson will never let go of the team unless the team is sold outright. And, very unlikely that he'll ever do that. It's an admission that he got suckered in by the Maras to build a piece of crap ten feet away from the old piece of crap, and got convinced to cheap out on a roof. It takes 1.6 bil to send a probe into space and this is the crap we get? Then Woody Johnson freaked out and threw a fit over which team got the home opener for The New Dump, decided by a "coin toss" when he wasn't present.

I swear, people always carry on about the WSS, but Willets Pt. is far more egregious. I keep threatening to spell it out in detail, but I'm just too fat and lazy. And I weigh 105 lbs soaking wet and hike life a mofo. Its just become boring to me, because it's a done crap shit deal and it is what it is and you can't change it. BTW, that crap, failed Mall of America rusting ski jump fail is dancing in Xanadu.

Martin would have to look for 23% or better, which ain't gonna happen. Pipe dream on my part, but Martin will never crap on the Jets because smart things.

19. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

1000%

Don't bother fighting. I tried and got into tangent arguments over other locations. Then again your arguments may very well be better :)

As disappointed as I was about WSS, it was Willets Pt. Queens, and Woody's snub, that broke my heart and made me kinda hate Woody. Maybe Woody buys a soccer team over there to authenticate that he's actually part of anything over there?

20. jetophile

You don't know the half of it. It was so misguided from start to finish. Jay Cross, is this idiot still at the helm of Hudson Yards? One of the highlights of my Jets fan life was having him scream at me on the phone when I mentioned that Leon Hess would never have treated fans this badly and kept ticket prices down as a favor because the team was awful. I wasn't even trying to heckle that asshole. CALL IN , GIVE YOUR OPINION, JOIN THE MEETING ABOUT THE WEST SIDE STADIUM PROPOSAL! I actually had to hold the phone away from my left ear - my bad one - when he pitched a fit. "LEON HESS! LEON HESS! THAT'S ALL I EVER HEAR FROM YOU PEOPLE!" You people, it was shockingly hilarious. "Excuse me?" Needless to say, I didn't drive down to attend the meeting.

EDIT & P.S.: He didn't 'resign' from the Jets. Oh, Willets Pt., it's comin'. It's just too damn bad that Woody Johnson can't fire himself.

#40 jetophile, Oct 14, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
    Walt White and BacktoQueens like this.