Welcome New Jets Fans! - Introduce yo self

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Sep 3, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Bets4Jets

Bets4Jets New Member

Sup yall, can't wait for Darnold next year. Check me out on instagram - nfl.childrensbooks2017

Just posted a caricature of Bowles, Forte and Wilkerson beating up on the pats.:)

2017 NFL Children's Nursery Rhymes created by yours truly.

2. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

I didn't even think Pats fans like this existed..... must be an outcast. :p

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  3. oldrover

oldrover Member

LOL... nah. It's two things: first, family. Love my BIL's and if the Pats can't win, I would like them to have a taste of what I've had as a long-suffering Pats fan (from 1971-2000), a taste for which I am tremendously grateful. Most Pats fans don't have that family factor.

Second, a lot of Pats fans despise the Jets for Spygate. To me, that was more of a Mangini (or as some of us call him, 'Fredo" ;) ) thing... and he's long gone. And whether one thinks the spying was over the top, or just a technical infraction of the allowed spying at that point, or something in between, it was against the rules. And all teams were warned. And the Commissioner can punish however he wants to. C'est la vie.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Was just kidding you! All's good.

I understand the animosity that has existed between Red Sox and Yankee fans. WOW! Married a Mets and Jets fan! You get a double whammy! My hat's off to you sir!

oldrover likes this.
  5. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Could have at least use a 1989 Tony Eason avatar for the more subtle insult....

6. oldrover

oldrover Member

The 86 Series was rough... one funny moment... game 7, Red Sox up 3-0 in the 6th. I'm watching with my wife in our apartment in Bridgeport.... my wife's family watching together on Long Island. At that point, I'm told one of Mrs. Rover's brothers complained, "I bet (oldrover) is gonna call us and gloat over this win."

Of course, the Mets come back and win, 8-5. After Orosco gets the final out, I'm told that same brother jumped up and said, "Let's call HIM!" LOL

NCJetsfan likes this.
  7. oldrover

oldrover Member

Insult to whom? You or me? LOL...

8. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Exactly!

oldrover likes this.
  9. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Give him time, a leopard doesn't change it's spots.

10. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Haha, yeah, and I'm adopted, how do you figure. Mancino a sinistra.

11. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Haha. I'll never understand why the team name was changed from the Boston Patriots in the early '70s. '71? '72? New England is named for an area. The Jets and Giants play in NJ, but who the F names a team after an AREA? The last time that I was in the sticks of ME (which was years ago), tons of Bills fans.

12. oldrover

oldrover Member

They play 30 miles from Boston; when they moved to Foxboro, they changed the name.

And the fandom is ME, NH, VT, MA, RI and the top half of CT.

At the very least it's accurate.

13. NCJetsfan

ROFLOL!! You're a brave man. I'm not sure I could have married into the enemy camp!

14. oldrover

oldrover Member

Really wasn't that bad, baseball wise... Mets and Red Sox fans aren't really enemies. They do SHARE an enemy though. Ha! :)

And football wise, neither team was any great shakes until the mid 90's. Losing Parcells to you guys was rough. Not to mention Curtis Martin!!! But a few years later, it evened out a bit. :)

15. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

I have a lot of relatives up in the NE area. It makes it tough on Thanksgiving. Usually, the Pats are undefeated and the Jets season is over by then. Anyway I digress, they claim that Belichick was unhappy with Bledsoe at that point and was going to make the switch to Brady anyway. Not sure how much truth there is to that, but if true, no need to continue to dislike Mo.

oldrover likes this.
  16. NCJetsfan

I was just joking about Mo. I don't dislike him.

17. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

I know.

18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

She was faking them too, bud.

19. oldrover

oldrover Member

Nah, she never has, not once... despite all my begging.

20. Welcome to the board,Patty cake.Safe injury free game on Sunday but I can't include Brady..just can't.

I married into a Patriot/Red Sox family(my wife really doesn't care & actually has switched over to the Jets).I wish it was as fun as you describe but than again I've gotten so I can't even stand a commercial w Brady let alone one of their games so I doubt her family & I would ever watch games together.

At holidays we usually just avoid the topic of sports but lines are certainly drawn in the sand..my 2 y.o son roots for the Sox to appease them(could care less about baseball as a disgruntled Pirates fan) & we get the Jets w him.Dont think they like it but they really don't like me much anyway lol.

I will leave the room or table if they discuss the Patriots bc I don't like conflict much less w family & the very thought of foxborough makes my blood boil. Where things have gotten ugly is w the subject of the cheating.. we don't need to go there now but that is one subject I will not let slide holiday be damned

I've gotten so I've lost hope.Patriots just win every single year w.o fail,the fan base becomes more & more arrogant w increased ignorance surrounding the cheating scandals..it's come to feel as if the league exists for their enjoyment & Jet fans personal misery. Of course there are 30 other teams & fan bases..but it gets tough in these here parts & you start to feel isolated. What else can you really say?Enjoy it?Guess jet fans will never know the feeling..?

I appreciate you coming here w class & look forward to your input.Best of luck Sunday & welcome

#380 KurtTheJetsFan, Oct 13, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2017