Wideouts

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsGoFar, Oct 9, 2017.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

i meant next year when enunwa is back, our qb will likely be 22 then

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  2. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Honestly, I didn't know who ArDarius Stewart was. I knew Jets drafted him in the 3rd, but till this day he was but a name to me.

I don't know why, but I always thought ArDarius Stewart was a shifty midget.

When I looked at his highlights from Alabama, I went WOW.

No - it's not the highlight reel plays that made me go cuckoo here; he's build more like a lean TE than a WR. He does lack the top-end speed like Robby Anderson; in fact, he's a polar opposite of Robby. Not blazing fast, but tough. By "built like a TE" - did you guys see his thigh? His legs are simply not WR legs. Very sturdily built. With that massive leg and lower body, he literally launches himself in blocking situation. Not only that, he looked very good winning the jump balls, using his sturdy-built frames and again, that massive legs.

I did say he lacks top-end speed, but that doesn't mean he's slow. He's still 4.49 WR - given space, he could take the ball to the house.

Maybe I am putting too much stock in the youngsters, but I would like to think that, this kid has everything a WR needs to be #1. Jets should start playing the kid more. Robby should come down in the totem pole, as there's a new kid in town. :)

Leicester Jet, hwismer and Walt White like this.
  3. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Same here. I was a little skeptical of the pick, but I didn't know anything about him. He seemed small, and I was thrown off by the way he looked. But then when I started to see him on the field he kinda stood out to me. He's got a presence and a physicality and looks like a dude out to make a point. Very hopeful of him, and am waiting for him to make a big play. Not just a good catch, a catch and run or KO return.

4. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Anderson has good top end speed but lacks burst and dynamic change of direction for returning kicks.

As for Kerley being 14 for 14 on targets/completions...

I don't know how long targets have been tracked, but this has to be approaching some kind of NFL record.

5. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

anderson, enunwa, and kearse can all go deep for us. we need more route runners with good hands who can keep the chains moving

6. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Kerley has that on lock ... Stewart should slide in to that for us as well

FJF likes this.
  7. FJF

We need to let Stewart and Hanson develop and not spend money on someone who will take reps away.
    Enunwa Anderson Kearse Stewart Hanson even keep Kerley for one more season is a good corp. spend money else where.
    Like for cousins

8. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

The only person I can think of skinnier than Anderson is Carl Edwards Jr. Anderson is a rabbit, use him as a rabbit until he loses speed then find another rabbit. Even rabbits need love and are useful in their role. He's not a starting WR but very useful for what he is and if used properly defenses have to respect his deep threat ability which opens up the field for others to succeed.

9. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

He's skinny for sure, but there's been some good WR's that were pretty damn good. Collinsworth, Ocho, Randy Moss, prolly others. Not saying he's that but he can run and and go get the ball. Now we wait and see how Stewart and Hansen can fit in. Definitely need a couple of others to complete the corps

10. GasedAndConfused

I'd be happy to have cousins, but unless you see stewart or hansen being number 1 WRs in the next year or 2, grabbing a legit one now would be well worth it. Nothing is stopping them from trying to overtake the other starting WRs

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  11. FJF

Enunwa is a 1, he just hasn't been ask to be yet.well he would have this year but the injury. We have to give our guys a chance before spending big money. Unless you want to go the Tanny route again.

12. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Enunwa a 1? In what world? He’s a decent 3 but that’s about as high as his ceiling is.

13. FJF

Enunwa has the height size speed to be elite and has been improving every year,with some bad qb play around him. Don't underrate him because we drafted him. We're allowed to draft good offensive players, even though we rarely do. Enunwa will be wr1 next year.

14. GasedAndConfused

he was the 1 last season. marshall missed games and when he did play was limited and injured. he did a good job but i don' see him as the "true number 1" type. I think he's a really good 2 though and capable of 1k yards. I think we need that dominant WR still. the antonio brown, deandre hopkins, julio jones, etc etc. a guy like that can help enunwa play even better just by attracting attention

15. FJF

Those guys wouldnt have been who they are either if the teams they were with kept dipping in to free agency before trusting them. Enunwa has all the physical traits to be elite and a good career arc right now. He can and will be the wr1.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  16. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

False

17. GasedAndConfused

I'm not saying he can't but even grabbing 1 WR will help him out anyway. as it stands now, he'll get all the attention from a defense for us. he can still develop into a 1 which would give us a 1a/1b type situation. still even better. there is no downside to grabbing an elite WR. it's not going to take away any playing time from enunwa. we all know kearse isn't a 1, anderson isn't a 1 (as we can see this season). At worse case you can argue getting another WR would hurt stewart and hansen but again nothing stops them from leap frogging kearse or anderson for playing time. What's the point of giving up big money to a QB or drafting 1 high if you can't load him up with weapons. it's a passing league and teams with 2 #1 WRs seem to flourish. plenty of targets to go around in todays NFL of QBs throwing 30-40 times a game. Not only that but he'll be coming off a neck injury as well next season leaving more question marks. Giants had no issues signing marshall despite having drafted shepard and lewis. titans signed decker despite having a few young high draft pick WRs. in a game where players get hurt often and you can never have too much talent, it doens't make sense to pass up a sure thing and hang hopes on a rookie at every position. not to mention teams run more 3-4 WR sets then ever. signing a number 1 WR will take 0 snaps away from enunwa. it's not like playing QB where there is only 1 on the field at a time.

18. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

jarvis landry is a slot receiver, he is not the type of guy to spend big FA dollars on

enunwa has great potential, but if hes the best receiver on your team (sans patriots), youre probably not a title contender

quality depth at WR is crucial for a young QB ... allen robinson would be a great addition to this team

NCJetsfan likes this.
  19. GasedAndConfused

he's a guy who's been on a pretty shitty offense as a number 1 WR and in 2015 and 2016 combined for 204 catches and and 2300 yards. when was the last time we had production like that form a WR over 2 years? he's moves the chains and has had longs of 50T and 71 those 2 years. he'll also only be 25 going into the offseason. he's a guy with excellent hands who moves the chains and great at YAC. oh and did i mention he's a great punt returner. something we've lacked for a long time

outside of him some other options are jeffrey, pryor, wallace, watkins, robinson, floyd, lee, gorden, adams, bryant.

not a lot of options really

20. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Enunwa abused both Malcolm Butler and Gilmore last year. I think he's a #1 WR, but you want some other options around him.

We will sorely miss him this Sunday.

GasedAndConfused and FJF like this.