Pats* @ Jets Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RobA, Oct 8, 2017.

1. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

Brady has been getting hit a lot this season, and he's too old to keep shrugging it off. Get to him early and we could knock him off his game. That's about the only chance I can see, but it's a chance.

2. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

We're not in Kansas this weekend, toto.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. DefenseWinsChampionships

I know. We'll be in N.Y riding a 3 game win streak up against a N.E team that could literally be 1-4 with a defense that lacks overall talent and ability.

Also. Please stop acting and pretending that A.) N.E is unbeatable and B.) undefeated. Because they're not. And please stop assuming the Patriots haven't struggled with execution throughout 2017; because they have. And last but not least please stop imagining that N.Y has never beat N.E; because we have. And maybe more than any team within the AFC East.

With that said, if the Jets have "no chance" of beating N.E maybe you should go back and re-watch their games because they could easily be 1-4 but they're 3-3 just like these young "sucky" Jets.

P.S: Grow up & go watch the Wizard of Oz.

4. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Love the optimism and I will be there section 101 like always cheering for the Jets but I would be shocked if the Jets win. You say NE is lucky they aren't 1-4 but last week the Browns had the better of the play and probably should have won so one could argue the Jets got lucky. BB has had 10 days to prepare for this game and despite the Pats struggles on D this is still a big step up in competition for the Jets. I hope you are right and I am wrong but I think reality will hit you Sunday afternoon around 4. I see the Pats winning by at least 10.

5. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Brady re-aggravated a minor injury in his non-throwing shoulder vs. Tampa Bay but Belichick said Brady will play Sunday. Then again, Belichick is so truthful, I'd watch out before you bet the farm on it. I want him to play, cuz worse, they stick Jimmy Garap, Garopo, Garoppolo? - fukk it, Janeane Garofolo in there and it becomes the second coming of Christ.

I'm still mad over the TB loss, it really burns me because it would've given the Jets a cushion if they punk out. Are they punking out? What do I look like. Anyway, I couldn't care less if the Jets get pushed into the playoffs like Gramps in a wheelchair, but usually Gramps just gets pushed off a cliff.

6. Rivers23

Rivers23 Active Member

I think people are underestimating their defense. Sure it's not good, but look who they played. What would our defensive rank be with that schedule? They played against 2, 25, 8,13 and 24 - 14.4 average offensive rank teams. We played against 31, 15, 32, 16 and 29 - 24.6 average. Their defensive rank is 32, ours is 25. We actually allowed more yards. If we take strength of schedule into consideration, how can we call their defense bad and ours good? Please don't fall for playoff hype trains.

I think it's delusional to think that McCown will outscore Brady, especially taking his glorious performance against the titans of the league the Cleveland Browns into consideration. Watson didn't outscore him, Newton barely outscored him (Carolina is 3rd in DR). Simple math and common sense tells you what our odds really are.

7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

dude we were just doubled up in yardage by the pathetic browns. Should've been down 20-0 at halftime easily. NE isn't going to give the ball away inside the 10 every time. These Jets don't stand a chance sunday

NYJetsO12 and matt robinson 17 like this.
  8. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Agree that a combination of McGuire/Forte is favorable over McGuire/Cadet.

Ptflea2 likes this.
  9. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

From Cimini

Jets practice report (early version): Good news/bad news at running back. Matt Forte (turf toe), out the last two weeks, participated in warmups -- an indication he may practice.

On the downside, there was no sign of Bilal Powell (strained calf).

No sign of DE Mo Wilkerson (shoulder).

DE Kony Ealy (shoulder), LB Josh Martin (ankle), CB Juston Burris (foot) and CB Darryl Roberts (hamstring) -- all out last week -- were on the field for the beginning of practice.

Walt White likes this.
  10. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

P.S:

"This is the opposite of good."

11. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Morton needs to have a plan to get the running game going and keep it going. If the Jets aren't going to be able to hit Brady in the mouth, the best chance to win is to keep him on the sideline.

Walt White likes this.
  12. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

The Bookies have a business to run and I think this board needs a reality check

So take their analysis of these two teams seriously

At minus 9.5 The Pats are expected to blow us out

Forget their D NE has too much firepower and will tire out the Jet D

Look...I will be happily surprised at an upset but expect lots of three and outs for McGown and company or at best NE outscores us

13. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Pats D seemed much better last week in Tampa. It will be interesting to see Morton’s playcalling against a Belichick defense. We have a shot if our linebackers play as good as our safeties. Slow down Brady’s dink and dunks and win the game.

Rangers suck. Go Devils.

Aero and matt robinson 17 like this.
  14. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

we really dont stand a chance, but for some reason we normally play them hard to the very end ... a lot of 1 game score loses and a few wins.

Jets need to let lose the D-line this weekend, find a matchup and exploit it, from the inside.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  15. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Wins are wins. This Jet fan likes this club and how hard it plays. Quality wins is a talk show term.

oldrover likes this.
  16. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Sometimes its better to be lucky than good..

oldrover likes this.
  17. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

I hate you! What happened to the drunk thread, Brook?

Brook! likes this.
  18. Brook!

I stopped posting after I went sober. And now that I started drinking moderately again, I don't want to bump it.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  19. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

I'm still an alchie!

Brook! likes this.
  20. Brook!

Jets made me drunk again. I have an excuse. Where the heck is sexy dentist?