Quarterback Movement for 2018

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I know its early, but this upcoming offseason could end up being one of the largest in terms of quarterback movement we've ever seen.

Drew Brees, Sam Bradford, Kirk Cousins, and Teddy Bridgewater headline the free agency class.

The draft could see as many as 4-5 guys go in the first round if they all declare (Darnold, Rosen, Jackson, Rudolph?)

I'd imagine Ben Roethlisberger and Carson Palmer retire. Rivers & Eli will keep playing but they're both clearly just about on their last leg.

I could see Drew Brees going to the Jaguars for one last harrah, as they have their roster and coaching staff in place to compete.

The only division that seems that all their starting quarterbacks are already on the roster is the NFC North and that's even suspect with Bradford/Bridgewater as free agents.

Do the Raiders & Titans invest heavily in backups after back to back years of Carr/Mariota injuries? Even the Chiefs at 5-0 could be moving on to Mahomes.

Do the Bengals move Dalton for McCarron? Or hire a coach that will want to go get his own guy?

Are the Dolphins sticking with Tannehill? Bills with Tyrod Taylor? Where does Kirk Cousins end up?

Do the Broncos make a play for Brees and try to recreate Peyton Manning's scenario there with that defense and receivers in place?

Patriots, Ravens, Titans, Texans, Colts (Luck stays), Raiders, Chargers, Eagles, Cowboys, Giants, Seahawks, Rams, Lions, Packers, Bears, Buccaneers, Panthers, and Falcons are the team's that are 100% decided on whom will be starting next year. That's 18/32 teams.

Again, I know it's early. But any bold predictions for the quarterback changes next year?

2. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised if Luck left Indy. They have done nothing for him, the oline sucks, no recievers...
    Why waste what could be a great career there? There's more money to be found, on much better teams.

3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Maybe we can upgrade from McCown to Luck??

4. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Yeah maybe in 6 years when his contract expires. Luck blew his chance to choose where he wants to play the moment he signed that huge deal.

5. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

With our luck, this offseason will set a record for QB turnover but our Week 1 starter in 2018 will be Josh McCown.

NYJalltheway and Cman68 like this.
  6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Yep... Unless McCown decides to retire, I'd bet the college fund on that happening. Fitz 2.0

7. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

That's what I'm thinking. Let's trade for luck... then we don't have to suck

Cman68 likes this.
  8. Jonathan_Vilma

What do you give up for him though? If the Colts are willing to trade him and initiate the talks with other teams, then they already lost leverage.

Two firsts, two seconds? If that gets the trade done, I'm in like Flynn. It's when we start to expand into three and four first round picks where it gets dicey. I'd still probably give them three or four first round picks.

You don't get an opportunity like that basically ever.

9. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Don’t know why we’d want Luck when we can get Rodgers. No idea why you guys want to settle for an inferior QB in Luck. #Rodgers2018

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

The only way the Colts would even consider trading Luck, is if they're in position, via ineptitude or trade, to draft his replacement. It doesn't seem likely.

Given that we're unlikely to be drafting high enough to land an elite QB prospect, the best we can probably expect is breaking the bank for a stop-gap like Cousins or Smith.

11. Jonathan_Vilma

Or have Lamar Jackson fall into our laps while everyone goes crazy trying to reach for Mason Rudolph and Josh Allen because of their height and arm strength.

I can't imagine teams are that interested in Allen as mock drafts indicate. Especially teams that would want him to play early on in his career. He's been pretty bad this year. Not 'ok' or 'underperforming.' He's been bad.