US fails to qualify for 2018 World Cup

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Yisman, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

They lost to Trinidad and Tobago while Honduras and Panama both won.

What an unlikely event.

Royal Tee likes this.
  2. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

Mexico laughing

Royal Tee, HomeoftheJets and zace like this.
  3. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Parlay of the three things that needed to happen to keep the US out paid +6208.

4. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

World Cup sponsors counting on their ad campaigns in USA won’t be happy. Expect a rule change to prevent USA miss the world cup again. On the other hand this sucks. I finally had my own country in the World Cup to root for. Sad day for me.

Fuck Klinsman that German piece of shit.

HomeoftheJets and JetBlue like this.
  5. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

An absolute embarrassment.!

Royal Tee likes this.
  6. JetBlue

Having worked in soccer merch for a decade, retailers were more excited for the coming World Cup than I have ever seen them.

This just killed that.

Brook! likes this.
  7. Brook!

Can’t google now but somebody can check this easily. US TV rights for Olympics and World Cup is what makes these events profitable for FIFA and IOC. Without USA both Olympics and World Cup will be money pits.

Now that USA is out FIFA will be the sad party.

8. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Only soccer event I watch is the World Cup.

9. JetBlue

Soccer is great; the World Cup is exceptional. The ratings for the Germany v Argentina finals in 2014 were higher than any of the US's matches, so people will still watch.

Retail won't be as great, though.

Red Menace likes this.
  10. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

It's already in the works, it's called a 48-team WC. And then there's talk of this junk joint bid for the 2026 WC between the US, Canada AND Mexico so they won't have to worry about qualifying then.

11. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I remember watching Pele, Maradona, Donadoni, not realizing at the time how privileged I was to see some of the best of all time.

That's why I watch the World Cup, as you said, it's exceptional, and I have great memories.

JetBlue likes this.
  12. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

If the soccer system in this country doesnt change it wont ever gain popularity now. By that i mean kids have to pay upwards of $2,500 just to join a good soccer academy. Something parents cant afford. Kids literally have to pay to play soccer.

What a fucking joke, on top of that we have countries where kids play soccer to escape their dreadful life situations. They bust their ass...and they have access to play for free on grounds or streets and host tournaments amongst themselves to make their skills better. We cannot continue to commercialize a sport that cant even bring quality.

Garbage all around...just do what Iceland does, find 11 kids train them at a specific position in facilities from the age of 10. Invest in them and then showcase them when its time.

But soccer is failure because Americans continue to not change their methods across the country.

HomeoftheJets and FJF like this.
  13. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

Dont watch the panama goal yikes

14. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

We demand an investigation into the replacement of referee Rafshan Irmatov and his departure at a difficult time in such an important match.
    We ask for an examination of the grassland that was not suitable for the Syrian team, while Australian players seem to be wearing shoes that cling to the long grass, so we saw Syrian players fall during the game, while Australia's players are steady.
    نطالب بفتح تحقيق حول تبديل حكم المباراة رافشان ايرماتوف وخروجه في وقت صعب من مباراة مهمة كهذه .
    ونطالب بفحص ارضية الملعب العشبية التي لم تكن ملائمة للمنتخب السوري بينما يبدو ان لاعبي استراليا يرتدون احذية تتشبث بالعشب الطويل ، لهذا رأينا لاعبين منتخب سوريا يتساقطون خلال المباراة ،في حين لاعبي استراليا ثابتين.
    The above is on fifas world cup facebook page , it has been reposted thousands of times , salty much lol

15. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

Epic rant on ESPN by Twellman. He is spot on. Maybe this will be the turning point event that forces real change.

RuJFan likes this.
  16. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

umm, the US has missed the World Cup before. rule change, lol

And Klinsmann was fired last year.

They probably would've made it had they kept him.

17. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Out of 20 World Cups, the US participated in 10.

Will be 10/21 after next year.

18. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

Unlike other countries our youth soccer program consists mostly of preppy rich white kids..not the best talent pool.

HomeoftheJets and Poeman like this.
  19. Brook!

Yisman. USA wasn't a soccer country. The first World Cup I remember them joining was in 1986. 1986 is the first World Cup I remember as a kid. Argentina was the champion. That said, since 1986 USA was always in World Cup until this year. So please ignore the years before 1986.

In 1994, the soccer made its first introduction to USA thru World Cup. And since then American people paid more and more attention to World Cup after each tournament. This is the first time USA is missing a World Cup after becoming somewhat popular in USA. Like I said, I don't count cups before 1986 as soccer wasn't what it was in USA back then.

Now to Klinsmann. He was fired after getting 2 back to back to losses against Mexico and Costa Rica. This current USA team started the journey with him. I don't think USA would qualify if he stayed. He was a bad coach. But that is subjective. Believe what you want. It is a shame that USA missed the World Cup and I put most of the blame on that fucking German. I am still mad.

20. Brook!

My son plays travel soccer. In New Jersey we go to many towns and I see a lot of Latino kids and Black kids playing soccer. Soccer will have a good future in USA with the help of immigrant kids. So it isn't only preppy rich white kids in New Jersey. Maybe it is like that in other states. I don't know.

MJK likes this.