Pats* @ Jets Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RobA, Oct 8, 2017.

1. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I was thinking about this scenario two weeks ago after we beat Miami, 3-2 at home vs the Pats... The Pats are vulnerable this year, their defense is horrendous and they should be 1-4 with losses to Houston and Tampa. F THE PATS!!! 20-17 Jets win

Royal Tee and The Dark Knight like this.
  2. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

i love watching this team run around on D and try to make plays. This is fun!. Who cares about draft choices an all the other nonsense about the coaching staff or the GM? Enjoy this energetic young club. This is from a fan who saw his first Jet game at Shea in 1964.

Brook!, Royal Tee, SOJAZ and 3 others like this.
  3. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

In their two losses, the Patriots scored 27 and 30 points. What the Browns, Bills and Raiders did to this Jets defense was embarrassing. I don't see any way in hell they don't put up a MINIMUM of 24 against us on Sunday ... and I would sign for 24 right now. Never mind stopping Brady ... It's not going to happen. We better plan on scoring 27-30 if we want to be in this game. If we win this game we do it by driving the field at the end and putting up the last points.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

The only way the Jets win this game is if they can get to Brady. The pass rush has been non existent lately so this is doubtful.

The only X factor would be if Ealy plays and plays with a chip on his shoulder to show his former team f*cked up releasing him. If Ealy is out there like a rabid dog, the Pats could have some trouble.

Brook!, Royal Tee and The Dark Knight like this.
  5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Agreed! Any fan that would prefer a dead team, giving little effort and going (0-5) doesn't get football. This is much better for the future of the franchise.
    Agreed, Ealy could be big if he plays. There is another way to win though: Shootout. More deep shots to Robbie Anderson, move Kerley over the middle, Kearse and ASJ can make plays. Can't forget how bad the Pats defense has been.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  6. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I would be shocked if the Pats do not put up 35 on us.

The fuckin Browns put up 14 and turned it over twice inside the 5 and missed 2 FGs.
    Our D could have easily given up 30 yesterday.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  7. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

thats the funny part.......we are a penalty and 2 turnovers away from 1-4......of course getting the breaks in a year that we dont really want or need them is ironic.

8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Not really.. The race for a FQB is pretty much over now so it doesn't matter where this team lands in the '18 draft. That being said, most are just gonna watch the game.

9. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Leo's playing inside with McLendon and eating double teams. Very few players are transcendent enough to pick up sacks in that position. Mo doesn't care anymore, and he's going to get his ass cut at the end of the season.

10. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

I see this going one of 2 ways. We have not gotten to the QB well, and with Brady that usually spells death, and the Oline pretty much stayed home last week. So we either get totally blown out, OR we get our shit together, open some holes for McGuire, take some shots downfield to Anderson and Kearse, and hang around for 3 quarters - keeping it close. If we do that, as crazy as it sounds, I give the Jets a nod to pull it out in the 4th. Just because I think that a team who plays for each other, like these guys appear to, can be real tough to beat under those circumstances.

11. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

Any updates?

12. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

13. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

For all the crap he gets on these boards, getting Forte back this week would be huge.

14. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

For who? The jets or the opposition?

Cmon Hasty, Forte is pulling a Revis on the jets right now, he did not play one snap in preseason, he is falling apart before our very eyes, he is fortunate Blowes loves veterans other wise he wouldn't see the field.

Mguire should be getting the bulk of the carries, he's younger more explosive and needs the work for development.

I'm not saying Forte should not play but it's not like he's going to light it up when he gets back.

15. Getting pressure & getting sacks are different things.It's about getting pressure onBrady..sacks are just Gravy.Jets have had the book on disrupting the Patriots blocking scheme for quite a few years now.They do a good job of not letting Brady be stationary & keeping him off rhythm.I expect Brady to have a dirty windshield & be somewhat affected as he always is against us.Hes still good for at least 24 points..

I worry about the timing of this game.While I think the Pats are very flawed,they are still the class of the division & will be out looking to make a statement just the same as the Jets are after a few lousy performances. It's on the offense to keep pace & I don't think they can.

16. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

I'd rather have Forte out there than Cadet, Also McGuire outside of one run has done nothing. Don't forget that brutal trip he had last week as well.

James Hasty likes this.
  17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Pats are going to roll us

grkmanga31 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  18. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Everyone's excited about this 3 game winning streak.All I keep thinking is the NY Giants will end up with Darnold while we suffer for another 20 years

tpaleologo, grkmanga31 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  19. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

We have about a snowballs chance in hell of beating NE

JMHO

chrisrex likes this.
  20. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

I stopped visiting this site six months ago because it was so negative and there were too many personal attacks. I have looked in because the Jets are winning. Unfortunately, some fans cannot stand success and continue to see the glass as empty. Sad!