The Official 2017-18 NHL Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by The Dark Knight, Sep 13, 2017.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Getting close now! Caps start Training Camp Friday.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Usually I wait a little longer to get excited for hockey, but you guys have seen the Jets this year right?

JetBlue likes this.
  2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Yep getting close,,,,,we need this with Football season being done as far as the Jets until at least 2018 ! JT still unsigned,,,the team still pretty much the same,,,,,,oh Joy in Islanderville !!!

The Dark Knight likes this.
  3. The Dark Knight

The Metro will be a very competitive division this year. Obviously the defending champ Pens, Caps, Rangers and Blue Jackets are good, but I think the Isles, Flyers and Canes will all make playoff pushes too. The Devils are also improved. Should be fun.

matt robinson 17, CBG and Red Menace like this.
  4. JetLion77

JetLion77 New Member

As a Devils' fan, I'm excited to see an improved product on the ice. I also have low expectations on their finish this season because they're clearly in the middle of a rebuild (wow, that has a familiar ring). They play in what is arguably the best division in the NHL, so it'll be tough sledding and a lottery pick for this season. They'll be tough to beat, though.

5. The Dark Knight

Yeah, I think the Devils will be fun to watch this year. Might have to wait a year or 2 to take the next step, but they are getting closer.

6. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Devs play hard, this division is the best in the NHL

7. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I can't be too negative with isles right now, the only reason they did not make playoffs last year was because of G Snow acting like Donald trump in his dealings with Jaroslav Halak and keeping him in minors as a way to punish him.

It only hurt the team in the long run because Berube was not capable of being a backup and the isles lost out on about 10 points with Berube starting and Greiss having to bail him out.

Don't be surprised if this team as it is currently built, is in the running for top seed by end of year barring any major injuries.

Goaltending is always the key, Greiss and Jaroslav are NHL starters, to have that type of luxury with goalies is a rarity.

They haves good balance of star power and youth, Anders Lee, Pullock, HoSang, JT, Barzal, Beullivie.

They are also well coached, my only concern is defensive depth. Mayfield is still a scrub and just cannot mentally keep up with the NHL pace, but somehow still gets a lot of ice time.

He is always behind the play and gives up a lot of 2-1.

@CBG, have you seen Barzal play? He has been really good in pre-season.

#7 Red Menace, Sep 27, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
    JetBlue and The Dark Knight like this.
  8. The Dark Knight

My 2018 Cup Prediction: Oilers over Bluejackets. I don't know why, just a hunch. :D:cool:

9. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

McBeast with a hat trick, 3-0 Oil over Flames. Should be a fun year boys and girls, looking forward to the discussion.

10. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Good choices, especially Oilers, I'm very loyal and always think Rangers have a chance

11. The Dark Knight

Can you win MVP opening night? Because if so, McDavid just did!

Rangers and Caps definitely have a chance, but me picking the Caps has not worked very well in the past. :D:(

12. Red Menace

My 2018 Stanley Cup prediction: old school selection, Islanders over the Oilers.

JetBlue likes this.
  13. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Blackhawks shit and pissed all over the Penguins 10-1 last night lmao

14. Red Menace

No one will remember that game when Pens are playing for the cup again at end of year.

I hate the Pens but they have a perfect blend of youth, veterans and coaching.

15. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

Islanders being the Islanders and scratching Ho-Sang tonight..ugh I wish they would just move to Seattle already. lol

Red Menace likes this.
  16. Red Menace

3 games in 4 nights is Doug's reason, makes sense but isn't that the wonders of being 22 years old?

I could play all day when I was 22.

Mayfield is the weak link in the defense, I have seen him in Bridgeport and he is not a force in the AHL, he will not be a force in the NHL, no matter how much ice time they give him.

I bet Josh Bailey who is like an everlasting Gobstopper, he has sucked his whole time in the NHL and his ice time never diminishes will be in the lineup all 3 games.

#16 Red Menace, Oct 6, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
    MJK likes this.
  17. The Dark Knight

Caps home opener tonight! Ovechkin started the season off right, with a hat trick and a win in Ottawa. Tonight they host Carey Price and Montreal. Should be fun at the newly re-named Capital One Arena.

Side Note: I am really interested in how the attendance will be. The Nationals host the Cubs with a first pitch at 5:38. The Caps game starts at 7:00, so clearly DC fans can't be at both places at once.

18. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Canes home opener was electric last night. They haven't had that kind of energy in the building in over 5 years. Very reminiscent of how it was in the Cup year.
    I will tell you that the team skates very fast and will be entertaining to watch this year. For a team that has been horrific in the shoot out since its inception having a 6' 6" mammoth goaltender was a welcome site.

Two great things for us Canes fans:
    1) Justin Williams back! What a great player and he was a noticeable difference last night.
    2) Seeing E Staal stonewalled in the SO to end the game.

The Dark Knight and Red Menace like this.
  19. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Scoring way up this season.

20. The Dark Knight

Caps dropped to under .500 last night. Up next: @Jake's Oilers. I don't like the Caps' odds. Too many injuries right now.

How about Las Vegas? 7-1 start. Pretty great for the city. Tampa also a really impressive 9-1-1 start.

As for the Coyotes: 0-9-1 start: Not so good for Tocchet. He probably misses stars like Malkin, Kessel and Crosby right now.