17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Giants tix starting to tank too, nowhere as bad as the Jets but all Giants STHs are losing real money this year

2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Wait until next year. They are in cap hell and Odell will eat up a lot of their cap. Some of their key defenders are free agent and Eli will be 1 year older. Dark days starting for Giants.

Royal Tee likes this.
  3. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I hope Jints start getting bad weather for home games and the place is empty. The Wholy then now Mara's can kiss my green jet ass. Cant stand how the media always starts a sentence about the Giants with how classy they are. They have had more thugs, drunks and wife beaters then almost any other team is sports. Not just there crack head, child raper sir Lawrence. F them. F Johnny Mara.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/sea...=ny+giants+arrested+over+years&fr=yhs-invalid

LogeSection2RowJ likes this.
  4. Brook!

Tickets are dirt cheap. @GordonGecko . Find me a Coaches Club ticket for cheap please. $100 at most.

5. GordonGecko

buy while waiting in the parking lot! :)

Royal Tee likes this.
  6. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Since giving up my seats I can choose not to buy tix when the weather looks to be horrendous as it was last Sunday. Thanks God I stayed home.

A game like that one should piss everyone off even more that there's not a retractable roof, or at least plenty of cover at this place. I was always a "game must be played in the elements" kind of guy, but not once the prices became outrageous. We all deserve better.

Be there tonight though - great weather!

7. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

the cover in so many places is so fantastic at this point. between seattle and now miami with a tremendous amount of cover for the fans its a complete joke that there is barely a row that is covered in the mausoleum.

8. LogeSection2RowJ

A break from complaining about the stadium - great game to be at last night. Love him or hate him, Fireman Ed reappeared - I think seated in the second level, and he led a few Jets chants the likes of which that we hadn't heard in a while. It was cool.

9. snoballz

snoballz Member

Hope Fireman Ed will continue leading chants. Jet Man and the others have done their best but it just doesn't resonate with the crowd. They seem to be out of sync in terms of timing. I don't think it's all on them... sometimes music continues to blare from the PA system even though they are trying to start the chant. Also, they don't get the large screen time that Ed commands when he leads the chants.

MurrellMartin and Jetsfanforlife like this.
  10. Jetsfanforlife

Jetsfanforlife Active Member

I agree. With that being said, the production crew has to be more aware when Fireman Ed or whoever is trying to lead the stadium in the chant and work with the chant, not against it. If not, it won’t matter who is leading it. They need to post the chanter on the big screens, stop the music and advertisements and get the attention of the short attention span crowd. It’s like a constant battle between their agenda and fans getting into the game.

Even when Fireman Ed was doing the chant prior to him stopping, there were issues with this. It seemed to be more prominent when we moved into the new stadium.

MurrellMartin and snoballz like this.
  11. LogeSection2RowJ

Is Ed a great guy? No. Is Ed the best Jets fan? Hell no. Is Ed good at leading that chant? Hell yes.

12. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Been awhile since I posted here. Hope all are doing well and are enjoying this surprising 4-5 start. As I stated in the offseason, I plan on writing an article or blog post, whatever, on my first year savings as a non-STH. Happy to report that through, counting the Preseason, 7 games, I've saved over $1,400. I've spent less than $600 on 6 games, skipped the Titans Preseason game because I was away on vacation, and I've sat in some great seats, some better than the ones I previously had as a STH in the LL EZ. In fact the last two games I sat in Section 233 of the Toyota Club. Great time. Great seats. We'll see what Carolina & Kansas City bring, a lot depending on this TB game I assume, but I already know the Chargers game will be a big savings, being Christmas Eve and all.

Oh, and I was very happy to see Ed back. I know him personally. I talk to him in the parking lot usually before every game. We text sometimes. He's always there. He's always been a fan. No you won't see him "back" as "Fireman Ed" every single week, but if this team makes a playoff run, who knows. Thursday wasn't planned either, as he didn't even bring his fireman's hat. Let the guy live. He really is a great person and Jets fan. Maybe I'm biased, but I feel like he just gets crapped on way too much.

alleycat9 and LogeSection2RowJ like this.
  13. LogeSection2RowJ

Tell us about the Toyota Club. Outdoor seats with indoor lounge? Food?

14. MurrellMartin

Yep. Nothing is included, so you're paying for whatever food or drink you want, but the inside club area is very nice. Bathrooms are constantly cleaned, mopped, etc. Nice carpet on the inside. Much more food choices. Some fun giveaways/stuff for kids. It's good. I wouldn't pay $220 a ticket, which is face value for the corner seats there, but I paid $50, so it was worth it.

15. GordonGecko

yeah the only all inclusive (minus alcohol) areas are coaches club and metlife club on the lower 50-yard line, the commissioner's club, and any suite where you bought a catering package. I think the green room has some sort of included snacks or drinks though

16. Brook!

Hey MM

Can you introduce me to Fireman Ed if you can? Would love to meet him during a tailgate. Let me know so I can send you my cell phone information.

17. LogeSection2RowJ

Basically then, it's better bathroom access, and the option of going indoors during the game if it's cold or wet. Would you say that the enthusiasm amongst fans in that area is less than had you been in regular seats? The fact that you sat there cheaply for that Falcons monsoon is incredible. I've bought on the secondary market a lot over the past three years and never saw low prices for that area.

18. MurrellMartin

I couldn't believe it either. I got a great deal on StubHub. I'm looking 10-15x a day though in the lead up to the game, so I put in my time.

Anyway, as far as the fans go, yes, it's definitely more laid back and more people who don't really care, unless the Jets are kicking ass, like they did in the 2nd half against Buffalo. A lot of people just kinda eating a bunch of expensive crap, taking pictures and staying inside, drinking cocktails.

Royal Tee likes this.
  19. MurrellMartin

Figured I'd share my latest interesting story with the Jets and tickets.

As many of you know from reading here, I walked away from my PSL's and season tickets following last season and I've been saving a good amount of $ by buying game-by-game on the secondary market this year. Well, I've purchased from both StubHub and Ticketmaster, and where it gets interesting is this upcoming Carolina game.

I purchased 4 seats, bringing my fiance's sister and her husband, last week via Ticketmaster. This was the 3rd time this season I've bought the seats via Ticketmaster. They're on the aisle in 245A, next to the club, but still regular Mezzanine seats that go for $130 per seat per game to PSL season ticket holders, meaning a PSL holder would have had to pay $520 for those 4 seats. I paid $230. A nice savings, if I can say so. Probably could've saved more if I waited until this week, but whatever. I thought $50 a seat, plus then taxes and fees, was a great deal.

Last night I'm sitting at home and I get an e-mail from the Jets saying they see that I purchased seats to the game. I've bought plenty of seats via Ticketmaster before, for the Jets and other teams, and the only time they contact you is when you're buying seats directly from them, not another season ticket holder. Well, this of course made me quickly realize that the seats I bought were posted online by the Jets at $50 a pop while they're charging a STH in that same section $130.

A total slap in the face to any STH/PSL holder.

20. GordonGecko

The Jets see when you buy from Ticketmaster AND when you buy from resellers on the Jets Exchange. Sounds like someone dumped their seats and they watched the transaction and jumped on you for repeat business like the desperate whores they are

And to confirm, the Jets sell those on TM for $140 and STHs can sell for whatever price they want ever since they got rid of the price floor
    https://www1.ticketmaster.com/new-y...artistid=805987&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=8

Brook! likes this.