zero foresight

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

You can hate me, but I'm convinced a win is not always a win.

Was it nice to beat the Fins?
    Yeah sure

But how stooped are we? How drunk are you? How many decades do we need to be fooled with a few big but meaningless wins?

Do u really think a win in Sep against a retired pos QB is worth it?

that's what today was- an ugly win over a bullshit retired QB

nothing gained

If we won with Hack or Petty and they had Tannehill I would be happy! But today did nothing for the next 10 years.

At minimum, I say sit Mccown and let the kids sink or swim. If they swim then something is gained. A win with Josh is like a win with 2015 Fitz- pointless

SOJ

2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Nevermind. Not worth it.

3. CONN-JET.2.0.3.

CONN-JET.2.0.3. Active Member

YOU PLAY - TO WIN - THE GAME

Jeti, Royal Tee, SonofDinger and 3 others like this.
  4. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I hope the Jets beat the Dolphins a second time. Don't care if I'm stooped, and I'm not drunk.

Royal Tee, westiedog1 and FJF like this.
  5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I, for one, had fun watching them today. You did not apparently.

We didn't win our fifth game dropping us to #5 in the draft. We won our first game preventing an 0-16 season.

Quit being the football equivalent of the grinch.

Here's you.

[​IMG]

Here's a picture of our lovely Flight Crew cheerleaders that might make you be less Grinch-y. :)
    [​IMG]

xxedge72x and boozer32 like this.
  6. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

[​IMG]

Jeti, xxedge72x, FJF and 1 other person like this.
  7. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Whether or not you root for the team to win has no bearing on whether or not they will.

I would've preferred to see a loss but complaining about a win is silly. Jamal Adams and Marcus Maye played great, Stewart and Hansen made awesome catches, McGuire showed some nice burst, the o-line handled a solid front... it's possible to show signs of life for the future without losing.

8. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Hey..... it's all good boys!!!!!!

I knew I would be trashed by the amazing and intelligent jet fans!

I've always been wiser and more of a long term thinker than most of my peers growing up .

So.....Yay! Let's go Jets!

One stupid win against a retired QB!!!

Woo hoo! Let's suck each other off!!!!!

I hope for 1 year Josh wins us 10 games!!!

(You morons)

Smdh

BomberJet and K'OB like this.
  9. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Luckily for us this draft is loaded with good QB prospects....Darnold is the best of the bunch but that doesn't mean he will turn out to be the best pro

You can't literally lose every game on purpose just to maybe draft a kid that might not even leave school early

Just sit back and enjoy the games and let the chips fall where they may at the end of the season. If we have the correct people in place we will eventually land a solid QB one way or another....Not worth it to get worked up over a WIN against the Dolphins in September

10. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Hello!

11. CONN-JET.2.0.3.

CONN-JET.2.0.3. Active Member

So what would you like the team to do ? Like if they score too many tds just hand the ball over to the other team and let them take the ball ? Or maybe every day at practice they could reherese how to make it look like they are actually trying ?? Maybe install some covert trick fumble plays ??
    Yea tell 53 men who have worked their entire lives to make it to the pros that they making up a game plan to insure a loss . See how quick they will run to the press with that story ....

The team has cut everyone they can and is saving as much cap as possible. The focus is clearly on the future . These players and coaches are doing their fucking job . You really think Todd Blowes would be ok with purposely stoping his players from having success on the field ? That would be a huge scandel and probably get the team huge fines . This entire "tank season "mentality is absolutely ludacris . If you really think a billion dollar organization with thousands of employees would be able to pull off a complete top to bottom con job , then you are clearly the moron here bud :)

12. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

Before commenting on your thread, allow me to provide you with some famous quotes on winning.

Billy Jean King - A champion is afraid of losing and everyone else is afraid of winning

Paul Brown - When you win say nothing, when you lose say less

There was something possibly gained, a non 0-16 season and a taste of victory for the players who will be really tested this year.

Congrats to the Jets on a great effort today and please take it easy on the Pats.

LAJet likes this.
  13. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

This was not an ugly win. The Jets played well on both sides of the ball, we had a bomb for a TD (took me back to the days of Wesley Walker and Al Toon), and we have an emerging star at safety. I enjoyed watching the game. The big picture will take care of itself, it always does, and getting the No.1 pick doesn't guarantee anything.

14. Beki

Beki Active Member

I'm a little bit afraid of Macc picking a QB around top10 after Darnold and Rosen out.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  15. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I don't think he will if those 2 guys are not available, he will have Petty and Hack as one and two. He will probably pick a QB in the 3rd or 4th round and make him the number 3 QB on depth chart, allowing Hack and Petty to battle it out for the starting spot.

16. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Like I said in a different thread, if this is the only game the Jets win, i won’t mind. If I had it my way I would hope they would have lost because I really do believe jets need to control their own destiny and secure top pick. The likes of the browns and 49ers will likely be in the running at years end (even though I really think it’ll be the Browns more so). I don’t for one second think that they won’t draft Darnold just because they have Kizer. They also have a ton of draft capital. The game against the browns that’s coming up is going to be monumental in terms of draft standings at seasons end.

Jets have an opportunity to get a QB at the top of the draft, that if you surround with the right people should lift this team up. We missed that chance with Mariota, let’s not do that again in 2018

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Tough for me to want them to lose to the Phins and Pats, the hatred runs deep

The Dark Knight and FJF like this.
  18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Instead of a top 3 pick, we'd better get used to the idea of a top 6 pick again and the distinct possibly Macc will once again go BPA-D. Forget FQB.... It ain't happening folks.

TonyFtLaud and dogg like this.
  19. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Question out of the last 15 super bowl champions how many of the starting Quarterbacks were taken number one overall !?!

Meanwhile besides for Luck who the colts tanked for and it worked out in their favor ... all the other teams who suck year in and year out how has the number one pick worked out for them ... we are the Jets at the end of the day and I can't stomach rooting for another bust

#19 Jetsfansince95, Sep 25, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
    Boomboom likes this.
  20. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Its week 3 and the Giants have a better shot of the top pick ... how ironic

dogg and matt robinson 17 like this.