Surprising and shocking! NFL kicker makes two field goals in a game

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ChrebetCrunch, Sep 13, 2017.

1. ChrebetCrunch

ChrebetCrunch Well-Known Member

https://www.ganggreennation.com/201...-the-jets-season-so-far-is-chandler-catanzaro

The most surprising part of the Jets season so far is...Chandler Catanzaro

"This week on Wednesday, SB Nation’s NFL blogs will be asked one question to answer. This week we have been asked to identify the most surprising part of the NFL season so far.

If we are looking at the entire NFL, I think the obvious answer is Kansas City’s win in Foxborough over the Patriots. Did Chiefs fans even think their team would win that game?

Let’s stick to the Jets, though. There were not many surprises on Sunday against the Bills, and that is not a good thing. The Jets were pegged by many experts as one of the worst teams in the NFL, and they spent their Week 1 proving the doom and gloom predictions correct.

One exception was the kicker, Chandler Catanzaro. Many people questioned the Jets signing a kicker coming off a bad year in Arizona. Even more questioned the Jets when Catanzaro made the roster despite being outkicked by Ross Martin in training camp.

Catanzaro may yet prove to be an unsuccessful signing, but he delivered in his Jets debut by nailing field goals from 48 and 52 yards out.

It isn’t great when the kicker is the most pleasant surprise, but at least something went right on Sunday."

I get it. It's just a message board with a format that makes it look like a news site.

2. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Great. Now he'll be 1-3 on Sunday

Royal Tee likes this.
  3. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I'll take the under

4. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

How is that a surprise? People make way too much out of one game. Hyping these rookies as if they are world beaters over a single game performance and saying the Jets shoulda drafted X or Y because they had a better one game than our guy did and now a friggin kicker making 2 field goals is an amazing surprise. WTF planet do we live on, Jets fans?

5. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Much to say about nothing. Catanzaro kept his end of the bargain job wise, unlike many other players and coaches who did not.

6. ChrebetCrunch

ChrebetCrunch Well-Known Member

I was trying to figure that out myself. A professional kicker makes two long field goals in a game, and he become the most surprising part of the season. ONE GAME!

7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Now if we can just get Lachlan to stop with his weekly shanks, we'll be ok.