Screw you, Cimini ...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LarryAlRalph, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

I have no problem with Adams. But you just don't double dip on defense when your offense is complete and utter shit. A big time play maker in Dalvin Cook was on the board. Why in the hell would you take a safety? The only teams with stud safeties that are worth a damn have really good coaches and a really good surrounding team. NONE OF WHICH WE HAVE.

It's not that hard of a concept to grasp. But this fucking team...

In 5 years would you rather have Maye or would you rather have Dalvin Cook? Who is going to be more of a difference maker? The offensive play maker, that is who.

matt robinson 17 and Royal Tee like this.
  2. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

I wasn't referring to Adams. I liked the pick. If Fournette was there I say you take Fournette. But it is really close.

Eric Berry is a stud. However, game chargers like him you can count on a single hand within the last 10 years at the safety position.

Dumpster diving (not literally, they were top picks. But it is a crap shoot), hoping for an Eric Berry is asinine when you are in desperate need of player makers and they are on the board.

The Adams pick cannot be disputed. However, double dipping and taking Maye was idiotic. Especially with Dalvin Cook on the board. Your main backs are going on 32 and 29. Nah, fuck that. Let's double dip at saftety rather than take no brainer borderline first rounder play-maker.

What's ridiculous is if the Bills or Pats drafted right after us this team would have let a player of his caliber slide right to them.

3. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Me either ,this is what Jets fans do with the media.

4. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

He was my pick for that round also... don't know wtf they were thinking with the 2 safety picks either...

5. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

6. CONN-JET.2.0.3.

CONN-JET.2.0.3. Active Member

Chill out on the rookie running back hype train. All these teams having success with them are already built to succeed with a plug and play rb. If we picked him you just be watching promising young player waste his prime years running it 2-3 yards into a wall. Just be happy that we got a player that can actually make the starting lineup from the second round . Baby steps brotha.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I do agree in terms of the Maye pick, I didn't like it at all. I myself was more interested in Joe Mixon the RB, despite his off the field issues. I am in agreement with that. What's to say Maye was actually the BPA at that pick?

I do believe however Adams will be a star on the Jets as he continues to develop.

Martin&theJETS likes this.
  8. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

they had 4 total yards in the 1st quarter. that's so bad you have to try to be that bad

9. LarryAlRalph

LarryAlRalph Well-Known Member

The fault does not lie with the players on the field so much as with the people who made the decisions that brought us to this. Belittling the guys on the field is misguided and addressing the symptoms rather than the problem. Does anyone seriously think they're not actually trying? The fault lies with the boneheads who made the personnel decisions - things like drafting Sanchez, drafting 17 D-linemen (or however many it is), and yes, hiring Rex Ryan, Todd Bowles, Chan Gailey, et al.

10. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Yeah, and the Giants had 6 yards and are considered a super bowl contender. The point is we all knew the team was going to be bad, and many of us want that for a high pick. Cimini's just being his usual Patriots fan self and trying to rouse up the fans by making fun of the team for ratings. He's a prick, end of story. He even admitted his favorite years are down years. He should be beat writing for another team. The Giants had less than 20 yards more than we did the entire game and the difference in talent between the 2 teams is humongous. Granted the Cowboys have better defense than the Bills, but the Bills aren't exactly slouches.

11. GasedAndConfused

I never said that. the 4 yards was the giants not us BTW. Of course the players are playing their hearts out but you can't get blood from a stone. when your o-line isn't good and your QB is McCown i don't expect the offense to be good. even if we had brown and julio at WR it wouldn't help. and teams are stacking the box on the run. we need to improve the pass protection and QB position

12. GasedAndConfused

and Marshall caught 1 pass for 10 yards in garbage time. decker caught 3 for 10 yards. that's 4 catches 20 yards total from the WRs we cut. kearse for us had 7 for 59 yards. outdid both combined and is younger and cheaper. FWIW matthews who i wanted us to trade for but went to the bills had 2 for 62 yards

Sam Hammer likes this.
  13. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

This is true, but they were planning on ditching Pryor, so the move made sense plus our safety play was abysmal last year. Next year we should have a very high pick and be able to draft QB and some help on offense. They will also have something like 80m to spend in free agency. I feel that's what they were thinking this year, plus they have a lot of young WRs to evaluate before the year is done. Besides playmakers won't do crap without a decent QB.

NCJetsfan likes this.