Game #1 negatives, and positives....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tbruner12, Sep 10, 2017.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

hence why i was screaming for an offense heavy draft this year but got ignored. Also it's not fully fair to just do skill positions. o-line is important and should be noted in that span we did nab mangold and brick in one draft

tbruner12 likes this.
  2. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

I know that. In fact, I would argue OLine is more important than skill players. And the Jets have drafted exactly one OLinemen (Brian Winters - R3) in the first 3 rounds since 2006.

tbruner12 and GasedAndConfused like this.
  3. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

which is funny since the 2004 draft led to a great o-line for many years (brick and mangold) you think we'd see the importance. o-line and defense is what got us to back to back AFC champ games

tbruner12 likes this.
  4. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Well Vlad Ducasse was actually drafted in round 2. I do agree that they should focus more on the line, however. Especially now that all the former pro bowlers have retired.

tbruner12 likes this.
  5. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

You can scrutinize all the negative you want - going back 3/4 regimes or to the days of Lou Holtz, it doesn't prove anything at all as to what the future lies with this present group. The old saying your never as bad as you look nor as good as you played rings true for the week-to-week NFL match-ups. No point in arguing about how many games the Jets will win UNTIL the last won has been written in the records books for 2017.