Game #1 negatives, and positives....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tbruner12, Sep 10, 2017.

1. thankyourevis

thankyourevis Active Member

Positive the game ended and no one got killed.
    Negative we play Oakland next week not the bills.

JetLifeLo likes this.
  2. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

we will never know what we have if we don't open the playbook for once. Bunch of rookies and young guys.. gotta give em a damn chance man! Our WR's are more fit to be running routes vertical.. Robby Anderson on a 3 yard slant? lol! throw that shit up man

3. RonPi

RonPi Well-Known Member

4. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Our WRs might be able to cover 8 yards before the QB gets crushed. How is having them run 20 or 30 yards down field going to help that situation? And it's not like the opposing D has to send extra rushers to make that happen, either.

tbruner12 likes this.
  5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

It's very possible they were using a soft rush to contain Taylor.

6. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I think re-signing Wilk was the right move, as was giving the team an out after two years.

It's on Wilk now to earn it, or he'll be released after the season.
    the contract was structured in a way to keep him hungry if he wants to stay.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  7. JetLifeLo

lmao how did these lineman make the team if we literally can't run ANY plays behind them

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  8. JetLifeLo

Nice time to trade Sheldon aye

9. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Positive - 1 loss down, 13 to go (2-14 will due).

10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Gonna have to adjust to see how the line plays, but there was no way the Jets were going to pay him a large sum of cash.

11. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

The haters here are in full force after only one game ---- glad I'm not in a foxhole :rolleyes:

12. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

For those of you saying Wilkerson was a no show, he did have a batted down pass. I don't want to sound like an apologist here, but the defensive line lost a pro bowl caliber talent just a week ago. They aren't going to be wrecking right away, and it was noticeable in the middle without both Richardson and David Harris. They have nobody to stop the run. I'm sorry but listening to people on the radio bash Wilkerson and Leonard Williams is totally uncalled for. We don't have linebackers, basically. People are acting like they expected the Jets to be competitive after stripping away all the talent. We are getting exactly what we expected this year. 1 loss down, 13-14 more to go to hopefully get that mythical franchise QB. This season is a stepping stone.. and we did look better than the Giants, who everyone claims are super bowl contenders, yet we saw Brandon Marshall completely disappear without ODB, just like he did on the Jets last year with no Decker.

13. JetLifeLo

was in reply to "It's on Wilk now to earn it, or he'll be released after the season."

I don't see why we would've had a problem paying Sheldon if we do in fact release Wilk.

14. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

This team sucks balls

15. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Are they hating, or just being realistic?

This team, as currently constructed, lacks any noticeable talent on the offensive side of the ball.

The head coach's strength is defense (which btw is littered with first and second round picks) and just got carved up to the tune of 400+ yards including 190+ on the ground.

The coaching decisions are baffling. Forget the 2 pt conversion and the punt down 9. Can someone explain to me why Bilal Powell's first snap came at 3 minutes to go in the first half?

All of this was forseen before the season started so the "hate" is more accurately frustration being vented.

Anyway: OAK 38 NYJ 10

tbruner12 and PulseJet like this.
  16. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Yeah and after doing that he did his Mutombo impersonation and wagged his finger. The Jets Defense look like warmed over dog food and dumbass makes one play and wags his finger. Can't stand that shit, especially from players who play beneath their contracts.

tbruner12 and BomberJet like this.
  17. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Seriously, that prediction doesn't set off any revelation or smoke signals. If the Jets lose in Oakland , no surprise - the past has shown that no matter how good the Jets as a team are , they just out right suck playing the Raiders on their turf.

My problem is with the coaching - specifically Bowles. I think his days are numbered, but, that doesn't mean this team is lacking in talent. You have to have the right coaching to recognize a teams strengths and weaknesses. Bowles has shown to be unwavering in his choice of players he gives the most time to and doesn't make corrections to adapt during game situations. Part of the another problem is maturity. This team neds a bit more time to gel on the Defense and OL lines. Too many new players on both sides of the field. I still feel this team will win 5 games this year.

18. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I actually had a conversation with someone that had access to all of the tape for that game. Mo certainly didn't play all that well, BUT here was his assessment and I quote:

Usually this is where you are lined up over the center and guard. Now correct me if I am wrong, but usually with this alignment, you are meant to eat up blockers and open things up for others.

19. Lon Chaney

The coaching is terrible; I'm pretty sure even the staunchest Bowels supporter would agree.

But 5 wins? No way. No how. Not a chance. This is the least talented offensive roster I have ever seen and I don't just blame Mac. The ineptitude spans 3 front offices. Do you want to see a list of the offensive skill position players taken in the first 3 rounds in the past 15 years?

2017 - Ardarius Stewart (3)
    2016 - Christian Hackenberg (2)
    2015 - Devin Smith (2)
    2014 - Jace Amaro (2)
    2013 - Geno Smith (2)
    2012 - Stephen Hill (2)
    2011 - None
    2010 - None
    2009 - Mark Sanchez (1)
    2008 - Dustin Keller (1)
    2007 - None
    2006 - Kellen Clemens (2)
    2005 - Mike Nugent (2)
    2004 - None
    2003 - BJ Askew (3)

I will give a few minutes to finish puking ..........

ajax and GasedAndConfused like this.
  20. Lon Chaney