9/11

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jetophile, Sep 11, 2017.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Remembrance and condolences to all those who fell and those who lost friends and loved ones. I can't believe it's been 16 years already. GBA.

[​IMG]

2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I am beyond shocked that no one started this thread earlier today ! Jeto props to you for starting it . Never Forget , in our thoughts and Prayers !

3. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

4. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

God bless the USA[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Brook! and matt robinson 17 like this.
  5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Maybe its me and Im just fucked up but does anyone else have a problem with the fact that only 4 people posted in this thread ? A few at least liked / and did the right thing and acknowledged it ,,,,,,,,,,,I could see if this thread was buried and no one saw it but IT got over 100 views and is one if not THE saddest day in our countries history !!!!!!!
    Im at a loss for words !

jilozzo likes this.
  6. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

It happened 16 years ago and I spent all day at work talking about it. We speak politics 24/7 as it is. I think there's just a lot of burnout when it comes to anything political at this point. We've discussed it to death. And it's only a matter of time when posting online before some truther asshole starts talking government conspiracy bullshit and deserves to get punched in the face (Couldn't avoid that shit on Facebook).

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  7. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

It's just you. Posting about how much you care about something that happened a long time ago has zero affect on anything. Just because you can express an opinion on the internet doesn't mean your opinion has any meaningful affect on anything. You love America? Fanfuckingtastic. Do something important to improve America. Run for local office. Volunteer for local charities that help your neighbors. There's literally a billion things about our country right now that ought to be bothering you more than the response this thread gets.

8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

9. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Yeah, it is you. I'm sorry, you're not a bad guy, but you emotionally overreact to what you perceive to be the collective politically incorrect response, or lack thereof, to an important event. get over yourself. The republic will survive, no matter how bad your feelinsgs are hurt.

10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

If you believe that I am " emotionally overreacting " to you or someone else not acknowledging the worst day in our countries history along with the death of 3000 Americans ? Yep thats me you know me all to well , have a great night Dierking ,btw you are not a bad guy either.
    My thoughts and prayers go out to all who lost their lives and their loved ones !

11. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

I spent that whole day hoping they wouldn't blow up one of our substations, taking out all of NY, those cocksuckers

12. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

We all have our stories. Being a native New Yorker I sometimes felt that it kicked us in the gut a little more, but we grieved together as a nation in the acute aftermath. I started to say more in my initial post, but I didn't want it get politicized because it isn't what the thread is about - and it happened, anyway.

Dierking, I get it, but take it easy. Sheese.

#12 jetophile, Sep 12, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  13. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

I fully appreciate your message here. For me, it's still hard to talk about. When I close my eyes and think of this day, I can still remember what I saw, what I heard. It's still scares me

14. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Can't believe it has been 16 years already. I remember it like it was yesterday, yet it does feel like another lifetime ago too. Never forget, indeed.

15. BIG COUNTRY

BIG COUNTRY Well-Known Member

I was a kid when it happened, i always thought of that day as the end of my childhood. If I needed a reminder my younger sisters best friend in high school, well I was at a wake on the 10th his father died from 9/11 cancer as a police officer first responder. Ill never forget the sacrifice so many made that day sadly most of this country seems to have forgotten or just hasnt been taught how tragic a day it was for us.

16. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

i lost 3 friends i grew up with, im just kinda fried on the whole thing, call me callous but ive grieved plenty over this day already. i just try and think about the great memories and cool stuff i did with those guys instead.

17. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

I think once you get to a certain point you don't need to talk about it anymore, all you have to do is look at the faces of the people around you, especially if you live in the tristate area. I think that once people have shared their stories and listened to others tell theirs it becomes part of the social consciousness. It was an event that affected everyone regardless of where in America you live. I know that not everyone thinks like that. The last thing I want to do on a day that is hard for a lot of people, is make their day harder.

18. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

It was my first day of first grade. The teacher didn't want to tell us what happened, so she said a rabid raccoon was loose on the school grounds, and our parents would be coming to pick us up. A few hours later they told me terrorists crashed planes into the WTC and explained what a terrorist was. A couple of my classmates' parents were first responders but fortunately none of them died. Not a good way to start my education.

19. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

with only 17 replies to this thread the generational impact of this disaster and act of war continues to diminish year after year. folks should check out some you tube videos about 9/11, the actual, real ones...every now and then i put one up and usually can't finish watching even 16 years later and i didn't personally know anyone killed. can't imagine how it is for those that did.

CBG likes this.
  20. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Yea, I'm not into torturing myself. Seems pointless.

The impact hasn't diminished by any means, it's just not us obsessing over it and letting it run our lives anymore.