Bowles does the rite thing & names Petty named #2 (Suckers!)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Sep 4, 2017.

1. JulesWinfield89

JulesWinfield89 Active Member

It's not like there's a dozen teams lining up to sign Bryce petty. Hell I don't think there's 3

2. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

I am with you 100%. Bowles and Mac are fucking scumbags. Petty showed me enough last season to know he can play in this league. He's the best QB in this roster, and it's not close. How dare these fucking scumbags force feed us McCown and Hack when the ONLY positive that can come from this season would be watching Petty develop.

3. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

That's good news then. If McCown can't stay healthy then the whole world will see what a turd Hackenberg is and that will make it easier to slide him off the roster this offseason. No need to keep him around hoping to develop. The Jets will have the green light to drop that clown.

4. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

They just don't want him to develop. 1) It would mean Macc Frankenstein AKA Hack is a certified bust. 2) They spent 6 million plus 125k per game on McCown when their starting QB was already on the roster. 3) They know even if Petty is lights out they have to draft a QB in the 1st round.

Cman68 likes this.
  5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Petty is still better off taking his chances instead of getting fucked over again and again by this FO/CS. He's not gonna play here so WTF does he have to lose? Not a damn thing. Like I said, Macc won't trade Petty and Blowes won't play him. Petty's only option is to get off "Devil's Island" and try to catch on with ANY OTHER TEAM. His chances here just dropped below zero.

boozer32 likes this.
  6. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

not another usc qb! if i was sam, i would pull a peyton manning and declare myself out of the next draft.
    stay at usc, enjoy all the coeds, wait unitl the next draft and then pull an eli manning if the jets pick me.

7. mr nyjet

according to latest reports i saw, at least 2 other teams contacted the jets wanting to trade for petty , but the team would not deal him.

idiot mac could have taken a flier with a 7th round pick on chad kelly, who played in the sec and broke records at ole miss.
    isn't that where the giants got eli from?

8. mr nyjet

if you cleaned house in the offseson, i bet you guys like shanhan, gruden, or holmgren would give petty a fair chance.
    hell, i'll bet even morton would if he had the green light.

Cman68 likes this.
  9. JulesWinfield89

JulesWinfield89 Active Member

Petty is absolutely atrocious...apparently some fans are so desperate for a franchise QB that they've convinced themselves he could be the guy. His ceiling is that of a capable backup

10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

If the Jets wouldn't trade Petty, either they must have a lot of confidence in him, or they were only offered something like a 7th round pick for him. So, imo, it makes zero sense that they wouldn't have let him be a true part of the QB competition, or that he wouldn't be at least the backup, if not the starter now. I'm thinking that they kept Petty because the two teams that showed interest in Petty either were not willing to give anything above a 6th round pick for Petty or they were both AFC East teams.

Cman68 likes this.
  11. Cman68

Don't be surprised if Petty somehow gets "elevated" to backup this week against a stout Raider defense. No way they'll risk our "FQB" in case McClown gets smashed. They'll throw Petty under the bus and then say they were right all along if he gets hurt behind our All-Pro Oline.

#FreePettyNow #FToddBlowes #FTragicMike

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  12. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Thats what will happen. Guaranteed. And if he gets thrown out there in a bad situation but somehow survives intact, they will say he doesnt have what it takes to be a starting QB.

Cman68 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  13. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

I don't believe Todd Bowles made the decision to revert Bryce Petty to #3. It has Mike Macc all over it. Todd Bowles started Josh McCown because Bowles wants to win now. Macc wants to win long term. Bryce Petty is clearly the better chance to win, but Hackenberg is Macc's 2nd round pick and if it doens't pan out, Macc looks terrible.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  14. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Right now Mac looks terrible. He has been GM for three years and his roster is considered the worst in the league. If I were in his shoes I would do whatever is needed to show SOME of my draft picks were good ones. Right now he has Williams and a lot of question marks. No real stars.

In week one three of the top five RB's were rookies. Two rookie QB's played and they looked better than Hack by a mile. Has any draft pick of the Jets these last three years done anything close?

If week one is indicative of the Jets for the season, NO ONE should trust Mac with a top pick next year. He should be pushed out along with Blowes.

But if Petty is put in and plays decent, that changes a lot. If I were in Mac and Bowles seat I would keep McCown and Hack 1 & 2 this week and make the switch either against the Dolphins week 3 or against the Jags, who now seem to have a good pass rush so that game looks rough.

But they won't. Blowes has well established that he is pig headed and incapable of advancing. Nearly everyone thinks his 2pt conversion attempt and 4th down call Sunday were mistakes. But even 24 hours later Blowes states in the press conference that he made the right call. Everyone else is wrong.

He could at least said in retrospect maybe he could have done things different. That would have earned some respect. But that's not in his nature. Or worse, he still believes those were the right calls. What else does he get wrong? A lot I think.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  15. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Jets don't have a FQB on this roster.

16. Cman68

You better tell Macc.. He seems to think otherwise.

PulseJet likes this.
  17. 101GangGreen101

Both will get a shot this year, but I don't think either are the FQB of this team. Hack and Petty had their chances unfortunately this is NOT FOR LONG (NFL). We won't get a true reading on them, just like the previous young qbs we had before.

FJF likes this.
  18. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

This is the least talented offensive roster I have ever seen and I don't just blame Mac (although he deserves his share). The ineptitude spans 3 front offices. Do you want to see a list of the offensive skill position players taken in the first 3 rounds in the past 15 years?

2017 - Ardarius Stewart (3)
    2016 - Christian Hackenberg (2)
    2015 - Devin Smith (2)
    2014 - Jace Amaro (2)
    2013 - Geno Smith (2)
    2012 - Stephen Hill (2)
    2011 - None
    2010 - None
    2009 - Mark Sanchez (1)
    2008 - Dustin Keller (1)
    2007 - None
    2006 - Kellen Clemens (2)
    2005 - Mike Nugent (2)
    2004 - None
    2003 - BJ Askew (3)

I will give a few minutes to finish puking ..........

19. Cman68

We agree on this except Petty will never get a fair shot here. Now the only question is do you trust Macc to draft the right Qb in 2018.. So far, his track record doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies.

20. 101GangGreen101

Hopefully like Leonard Williams and Jamal Adams before, it's an easy / no brainer selection... at least we know Mac does that right :rolleyes: