Will Bowles Make it to the End of the Year?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Linebacker712, Sep 10, 2017.

?

Will Bowles make it if the Jets stay this bad?

1. No, he'll get canned before the end of the year

19 vote(s)
    31.1%
  2. Yes, he'll make it to the end of the year, then get fired

33 vote(s)
    54.1%
  3. Yes, AND he'll return next year

9 vote(s)
    14.8%
  1. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Even 2-14 wouldn't be enough to save them honestly. He has shown stability, 3 years for a coach and GM to show they've made strides in getting a team out of playoff purgatory is enough where you can decide, without feeling guilty, to cut your losses.

I wasn't a supporter of the fire idzik planes over practice stuff, but he was clearly not ready to be a GM and that showed in his media presence and more so in his inability to draft talent.

2. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

But he DID obtain most of the players, and by their own admission, they actually practiced for exactly what the Bills did and STILL couldn't stop them! That indicates a poor understanding of what makes a good player, or the right players for the schemes they would play. Macc has to own that.

NCJetsfan and grkmanga31 like this.
  3. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

I selected he will make it through the year but get fired at years end. He is incompetent and is not HC material. Look no further then last year's fiasco, the purging of all the coaches and then yesterday's debacle.

Yesterday's post game comments was like listening to all the former inept HC listening from the past. I quote, " we missed assignments, we need to coach better (ya think), players need to play better"... It's the familiar refrain from coaches that are clueless.

If he had one ounce of integrity - which he doesn't because he has lied before - he would resign.

4. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

You are right. But if they practiced for what the Bills did then a huge part of the blame is on the schemes themselves. Something is really not adding up with this scenario. The more players we add on defense the worst we get. The two rookies and Williams did show up to play, as was the secondary, yet we got totally torched by our so called premier front four. We might live to regret locking Mo to a big contract and letting Sheldon go.

5. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

Bowles is a terrible coach. He came here with a reputation as a defensive mastermind and nothing could be more inaccurate. Add to that, his woeful in-game management and you have our coach. We can't move on from him quickly enough; but knowing this franchise, they'll probably give him a contract extension at the end of the season.

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  6. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

I'm betting on 8 games and out

7. zace

zace Well-Known Member

That's tho most ridiculous thing I ever heard. So talent has nothing to do with it? So the coaches practiced what the bills did, but somehow it's the scheme? Howndors that make any sense. Clearly the coaching was fine, it was the players. Im not sure why anyone is so upset by this loss. It was a bad team to start, they know its a bad team. This is why Bowels isn't going anywhere. Not because they didnt evaluate talent properly this season. By all account our safeties are looking good. Guys were clearly im position they just weren't disciplined and making tackles. Thats not coaching that's the players. This isnt a video game where guys magically go where the play is scripted.

How many people on here would like Jason Garrett as a coach? He's actually a pretty defent one, butbgo back and watch him the first 4 or 5 seasons he was a coach. Very Bowels like. Coaches need to learn to, its different from a coordinator position. If we keep parading new coordinator to coach after one another, how can anyone expect anything more?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

8. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

This roster is chicken shit, even the poor, deluded optimists on here know that. No coach can make them into chicken salad, but Bowles' job is to make them look less shitty than they actually are. That's how he should be judged at, or near, season's end. Early signs aren't good.

9. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

Although I very much wish he would get shit canned right now, he'll last until season end.

10. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Not firing Rex Ryan cost the Jets Marcus Mariota, as he coached to beat the Titans (and still almost lost). However, Bowles is so inept, keeping him around may actually aid in the tank!

11. ChrebetCrunch

ChrebetCrunch Well-Known Member

Bowles wasn't given enough talent AND he isn't a good coach. Both things can be true at the same time.

12. ChrebetCrunch

ChrebetCrunch Well-Known Member

He is doing a piss poor job at making them look less shitty.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Well, the team may not go in the red, but if the profits are cut by a considerable amount, I think that would get Woody's attention.

For instance, if the stadium was even half empty for every home game, the media would start showing pictures of that and talking about it, and I think Woody would be so embarrassed and humiliated that he'd do something about it.

14. NCJetsfan

I was there with you, but not so much any more. At this point, the only thing that could salvage my opinion of Mac is if Adams, Maye, Stewart, Hansen, McGuire and Donahue all make solid contributions this year while showing a lot of potential, and either Petty gets to start and proves to be a quality QB or Lee and some of Mac's other draft picks start making much bigger/better contributions.

As I've said previously, Mac has pretty much ignored the offense and left the team unbalanced. He has to own that. The Jets have a real shot at getting a FQB in the 2018 draft. IMO we can't blow that draft or we're screwed for the next 5-10 years. Are you really willing to believe that Mac will not only choose a QB rather than another defensive player, but choose the right QB, and seriously address the offense in FA and the draft? Further, do you think he would hire the right HC?

Let's say for a minute that Mac hires a good HC. If he doesn't draft a QB and/or seriously upgrade the offense, then Mac has to go. Are you then gonna fire that HC after just one season, or are you going to force the new GM to have to accept his predecessor's HC? Neither would be an acceptable situation imo unless the new HC had done a great job and the GM was all too happy to retain that HC, and the chances of that aren't good imo.

LAJet and ColoradoContrails like this.
  15. NCJetsfan

The problem is that I think Bowles will "execute" (kill or ruin) the rebuild and quite possibly, Mac would too. If he keeps both of them, they don't seriously upgrade the offense and OL next offseason, and the team shows no improvement next season, then I think all three of them should be "executed" on the 50-yard line at half time of the first game the following season.

16. NCJetsfan

I fully expect Bowles to not only last the year but be back next year. Woody is clueless. He wouldn't know whether Bowles was competent or a complete buffoon. He would think it unfair to Bowles to fire him after the team got rid of most of the veterans and played a bunch of young players, regardless of how the team played this year. He'd have no understanding of why the team struggled or was bad.

I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that this will probably be my last year following the Jets.

17. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Thank fucking god. See everybody? Every cloud has a silver lining

ChrebetCrunch and FJF like this.