Predict the 2017 Jets Record:

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Sep 3, 2017.

?

What will the 2017 Jets record be?

Poll closed Sep 10, 2017.
  1. (10-6) or Better

4.5%
  2. (9-7)

0.9%
  3. (8-8)

0.9%
  4. (7-9)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. (6-10)

7.2%
  6. (5-11)

6.3%
  7. (4-12)

26.1%
  8. (3-13)

23.4%
  9. (2-14) or Worse

30.6%
  1. jetstopgun

jetstopgun Well-Known Member

The defense will spend so much time on the field it won't matter how good they are, but I agree the defense on paper looks good

2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

They're going to be absolutely exhausted by mid-season.

Believe or not I think the key to this defense this year is going to be the play of the inside linebackers. Lee has looked pretty bad so far and well we know what Demario Davis is all about with his poor angles to the football.

Maybe he'll do better playing the strong side inside backer. He'll be the guy taking on the blocks and shedding them rather than the free runner (who will be Lee).

jetstopgun likes this.
  3. jetstopgun

6 and 10 ??God I hope not!!!! beating the panthers and chargers ???hmmm dolphins?? Didn't they sweep us last year? Maybe the browns ..... a win against the patriots??? Bro pass the weed!!!! Beichick hates us!! More likely he'll run up the score

4. Jonathan_Vilma

Or he'll bench his whole team in week 17 if they've locked up the one seed to sabotage our first overall pick.

5. jetstopgun

Don't think so..... he would play them a half and don't forget jimmy G there back up QB and that game in Foxboro

6. DefenseWinsChampionships

10-6 with a fighting chance for a playoff birth. I feel our defense, with two new blood SEC safeties; will be a top 5 defense and much faster than advertised. We'll compete & compete hard.

7. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Jets have a way of making things go catastrophically bad, so here's how the next year will go down:

1) Finish 4-12, finish with the 2nd overall pick, driving fans, especially residents here, batshit crazy for missing the top pick.

2) Jets fans fall in love with Josh Rosen, lament the fact that we missed him for having the second pick.

3) Jets get on the clock, and voila, Rosen is still on the board! Miracle!

4) Jets pass on Rosen and Woody Johnson tweets 15 minutes later that he only accepts "Patriots" on the team, and that Rosen's choices in hats is unacceptable.

5) Jets are relocated to London and renamed the Bennies.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  8. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

Jets go 1-15, get top pick in the draft. Draft goes something like this:

1st: Either another defensive end because he's BPA, or a cornerback that is a late 1st/early 2nd round talent at best in order to fill a hole
    2nd: Receiver with great 40 time and no hands with "bust" written all over him
    3rd: Traded for a big name player that the other 31 teams know has his best years behind him.
    4th: DE/LB who is too slow to be a linebacker and too small to be a defensive end, but will end up being a week one starter because the Jets have no other options
    5th: Our new "franchise" QB that has no experience in a pro-style offense, horrible accuracy, and is too small and slow to be even a good scrambling QB in the NFL.
    6th: Kicker, who won't be able to hit the broad side of a barn.
    7th: Punter, who will make going for it on 4th and 30 from their own 1 yard line a less risky option.

Jets go 2-14 in 2018, get number 1 pick again:

1st round: Another defensive end. When asked why, Bowles and Mac will agree that the Jets are a ground and pound team, the Jets only need a game manager QB, and the Jets need to concentrate on building their run defense to stop the Larry Csonkas and John Riggins that apparently still dominate this 1970s NFL football.

Rinse, repeat.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  9. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

I'm going with 1-15, since even a blind squirel finds a nut once in a while.

10. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

2-14

They don't have NFL caliber offensive personnel.

11. Umphpool

Umphpool Well-Known Member

2-14 with Bowles just looking down with the same blank expression throughout the season

12. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

u young folks need to find some games from 95 and 96 (the kotite years). today was pretty much a copy and paste of them. i am sure the majority of our remaining games will be the same.

13. Hayden

Hayden Active Member

1-15 I think the Browns will be our only win

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Jonathan_Vilma

We'll be lucky to beat the Browns in Cleveland. Kizer looked solid for a debut while being sacked 7 times and hit 8 times total.

I'm really having a hard time finding a win on this schedule. The Jaguars defense is going to absolutely abuse us. We better hope we steal one in the division vs. the Dolphins or Bills and the Dolphins are a far superior team. The run defense looked crappy and will only get worse as the defense gets more and more tired.

15. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Well-Known Member

I said 3-13. That should be bad enough to land us in the top 3 on draft night.

If this team wins 6 games I'll be as shocked as I am heartbroken.

16. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Week 1 at Buffalo was 1 of my 5 wins, thus I must reduce my prediction to (4-12). :(

17. Jonathan_Vilma

The 0-16 Lions had Megatron whom had a monster year (78 catches, 1,300 yards) and a RB named Kevin Smith who rushed for 4.1 YPC and nearly 1,000 yards. Not world breaking but do we have anything remotely close to a player as talented as Megatron?

Our defense is likely better. Quarterback is prolly even with a McCown/Petty/Hack vs. Kitna/Orlovsky/Culpepper.

We might make a run at it. After the Browns there is not a game on the schedule I really see us winning. MAYBE the Buccaneers but that's also in Tampa.

18. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Playing like yesterday, everyone would have to agree. You have to assume they will improve though. If not, no doubt 0-16.

19. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Well, you forgot one thing. Hackenberg gets 4 more years to become the FQB. If my math is right, that makes it 2022AD. Not sure what happens first. Hack becomes the Jet FQB, a manned mission to Mars OR the Jets finally make the playoffs again.

20. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

That's where you're wrong. Hackenberg is already the Jets franchise QB. It's the Jets franchise. Hackenberg is the QB that represents all of the franchise ideals.