Bowles Made the Right Decision to Go for 2

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HomeoftheJets, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

It think the offense play calling could have been better. I understand the quick passes when you have an oline that is still trying to build chemistry.

He will last the year, the team will make adjustments and hopefully they give McGuire some plays on offense.

Bowles was not terrible the whole game, with the exception of 2 plays, he did a decent job.

zace and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Would've liked for Bowles to make some better adjustments on the defensive side of the ball. Also, should've had Powell start right away instead of Forte. However, I had no problem with him going for it on 4th down and going for 2.

3. zace

zace Well-Known Member

That sounds great and all but youre only as good as your personnel. We have none on offense.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

4. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

It felt like the right call to me. Either we got it and were one score down or we didn't and then we knew with plenty of time left we needed two scores. Otherwise, we would have taken our sweet time, MAYBE scored once...and still been losing.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  5. zace

zace Well-Known Member

More runs woulda been nice, but the oline was run blocking for shit. So i guess that's why i wasn't too upset. They were half decent pass blocking.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  6. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

What about changing personnel on offense? Different QB?

7. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to it!

They sure should have given Powell the ball a lot more, at the very least. Some crossing routes over the middle might have opened up some options for our young receivers.

Honestly, though, I don't think Hack could have done anything more except taken some extra hits, maybe thrown some INTs, and probably gotten himself injured. Maybe next week or the week after we'll get to see Petty out there. I don't know anything can be improved by shuffling the offensive line personnel at this point, but I doubt it. It's going to be a very very very very very very long season.

8. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

People also forget that the front 4 for the bills is very stout, they are a decent group of guys that won't get manhandled that easy. It comes down to matchups and even with a 2 TE formation our TEs were just not good enough to help block and establish the running game.

It also does not help that our primary RB is an old man.

zace likes this.
  9. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I can see the arguments for both.
    I would not kill Bowles for the decision either way. Give him credit, he understood that Jets offense sucked balls and his best chance was to tie it up there as the team scoring anymore was unlikely.

The only reason that I would have kicked the XP is the Jets offense.
    I just don't trust them the way they are constructed right now to ever to get 2 yards, nor do I trust the coaching staff to design or call a play to make it happen.

If I had a real NFL offense, getting the 2 is probably over 50% Chance and if I was confident in my offense and a top tier one I would go for 2 in that instant without blinking.

10. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I'm not surprised in the least that the defense gave up 200 rushing yards. No Richardson or Harris in the middle. That's not exactly easy to overcome.

11. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The offense had just literally just converted in a short yardage situation. That's how they scored the touchdown.

I was a college athlete, and I didn't let momentum swings affect my confidence. If NFL players lose their confidence because they failed on a 2 point conversion, they don't belong in the NFL.

Ultimately we had to get a 2 point conversion at some point, might as well try early, know you now need two more scores, and pick up the pace on offense than find out you still need another score with no time left on the clock.

Cidusii likes this.
  12. ChrebetCrunch

ChrebetCrunch Well-Known Member

My opinion has changed on the 2 pt conversion try. It wasn't a bad football decision. It was a bad New York Jets decision to hire Todd Bowles as head coach.

13. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

going for the tie was the right move. odd of us scoring again were super low.

14. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Larry, I think Homer would make a better coach than sour puss

LarryAlRalph likes this.
  15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I think that Marge Simpson, Lisa Simpson, Apu Nahasapeem or Krusty the Klown would all make better HCs than sour puss.

matt robinson 17 likes this.