Week 1 Studs and Duds

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Sep 11, 2017.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Studs
    catanzero - for all the slack we caught choosing him over martin he was perfect on the day drilling FGS os 48 and 52 yards with room to spare. also was great on kickoffs

Davis - getting him in return for pryor seems like a steal. he didn't make mistakes and led the team with 14 tackles (8 solo) and had .5 sacks

Lee - while still struggling in coverage and made some mistakes he shouldn't have he did get 10 tackles (7 solo) and a sack

Jamaal Adams - his stat line isn't impressive but he felt like he was everywhere and made some good plays in on pass defense.

Leonard williams - practically no stats but he clogged up the d-line and was disruptive all night

Kearse - despite barely being on the team just coming over in a trade, led us with 7 catches and 59 yards. sadly our number 1 WR but could break 1k yards on the season

TEs - finally look improved. McCown loves his TEs (remember barnidge) tomlinson looked good before getting hurt and Tye looked good as his replacement. Also ASJ is coming back after next week.

Lac - 43.7 average punt and long of 58 yards. was pretty consistent and punted well

Burris - looked like a solid corner out there and had a nice INT in the end zone. sadly his own player got thrown into him stopping it from being a 100 yard pick 6

Ealy - was a disruptive force out there with a high motor. Great find on the waiver wire

Duds
    O-line - failed to open holes in the run game and offered poor protection in the pass game. somehting we need to fix in the offseason

McCown - not sure why he's starting, Even if he gives us the "best chance to win" it's a pretty slim one. he looked bad. Not that he had much help and hard to blame him for the 2 desperation INTs (still don't agree with the anderson call on the INT either) but he did nothing to move the offense and looked scared to throw downfield

Forte - why he isn't spelling powell is beyond me. they both have the same skill set but powell is just the better player. he runs hard breaks tackles and can catch. Powell should be the lead back. Forte looks old and slow out there

Anderson - didn't really have an impact. hard to knock him though but i expected more then 22 yards

Raymond - 2 fumbles as our returner. sure he didn't lose any but still.

Skrine - just looked bad out there. at this point i'd rather see burris starting opposite claiborne

Wilkerson - did pretty much nothing

bowles - punting when we were down by 2 scores with 4 mins left? terrible decision

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Davis and Lee were complete duds..

they were horrible against the run, and horrible in coverage.
    Lee especially, who was even briefly bench during the game for Stanford.

3. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

I thought Maye was a stud.

And Powell on the rare occasion he got to touch a football.

Jets69 and BacktoQueens like this.
  4. TwoHeadedMonster

No argument here. Outside the O-line, the ILBs were the hardest thing to watch. Even Mo was better, and he just stood there...

Red Menace likes this.
  5. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Josh Martin and Ealy both were studs.

Shell at least proved he belonged as a starter, which is encouraging.

6. GasedAndConfused

are you just going by the stats where we got gashed? alot was the lack of outside contain. once was lee's fault but mostly it feel on the DEs and OLBs

7. GasedAndConfused

maye looked a little lost at times. didn't give up a big play but didn't do anything great either

8. TwoHeadedMonster

If you say so. I felt Adams looked lost at first, but Maye was doing alright. By the end, Adams was on fire, and Maye was still playing very well.

The ILBs on the other hand, were doing what our ILBs seem to always do these last few years, tackling everyone from behind...

Red Menace likes this.
  9. Boomboom

Boomboom Active Member

aaah the old "completely whiff on the play and getcha from behind to pad my stats" Davis. it looked like hes rubbing off very well on Lee lol

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  10. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

Would love to know what game you watched that you have Lee and Davis as studs

11. GasedAndConfused

Sadly davis and lee are the same type. we don't have that big LBer to take on blocks from lineman. we really aren't suited for the 3-4 as well as bowles thinks. I think we did good on the inside. it was the outside that suffered.

12. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

He is hoping for the tank and pick 1

13. GasedAndConfused

i seen them in the backfield quite a few times. it's not just stats. same with williams. he was beasting all day at the line but his stat line was nothing. the bills rush attack with taylor and mccoy is no joke. lets see how they fare against a more traditional attack in oakland. I'm sure carr will shred us, but i think we will hold marshawn in check. he did look dam good though sunday breaking tackles and running with a purpose

14. ChrebetCrunch

ChrebetCrunch Well-Known Member

I am not a McCown apologist. He is what he is, but I don't think he looked bad. He didn't look good either, but he can't throw and catch passes.

15. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Studs

Maye, Leo, Ealy, Burris, Adams

Duds

Forte, McCown, Lee, Davis, Skrine

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  16. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Lee and Skrine have suxed from forever

The 2 safeties we drafted are playing up to their hype

Tye a nice pickup

Overall, this team has Lotsa flashes in the pan but no steak dinner

17. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  18. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

19. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

20. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

B2Q, Davis should be cut, Lee has some potential, I guess, although I don't see it.....week after week it will be the same shit, throw to whoever these guys cover and watch them chase, they are really fast....