Will Bowles Make it to the End of the Year?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Linebacker712, Sep 10, 2017.

?

Will Bowles make it if the Jets stay this bad?

1. No, he'll get canned before the end of the year

19 vote(s)
    31.1%
  2. Yes, he'll make it to the end of the year, then get fired

33 vote(s)
    54.1%
  3. Yes, AND he'll return next year

9 vote(s)
    14.8%
  1. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

What's her name?

2. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Courtney Fallon. Never heard of her before tonight but I like her.

#22 truthbtold, Sep 11, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
  3. truthbtold

Yeah ... I'm a fan ^

4. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Jets have no reason to fire Bowles in the middle of the season. It's not like changing the coach and placing someone as interim is somehow going to make the team any better. Bowles has his own faults but at the end of the day the Jets don't have the talent to compete against other NFL teams.

Let him ride out the season and give him his walking papers at the end of the season, a long with Macc.

#24 grkmanga31, Sep 11, 2017
  5. boozer32

That would be the best way. I've had enough of both of them. Thanks again for nothing Ron Wolf and Charlie Casserly. This is the third time Wolf has stuck it to the Jets. They could have made him GM instead he bolted to Green Bay. The rest is history. He swooped in and traded to get Brett Favre. Picking the two turds are head coach and GM was as worst as having Idzik around. How can the Jets get it right?

6. grkmanga31

Both Macc and Bowles weren't bad choices for their respective positions, but having a great resume doesn't always mean you're going to be great. I think the Macc and Bowles experiment went wrong for a few key reasons: They came in and were probably met with a mandate to make the Jets relevant right away, giving out mega contracts to vets past their prime was a prime reason for the disaster that transpired in 2016. Relying on Fitzpatrick to somehow replicate his production of 2015 was a huge mistake. Not finding an answer at QB, or stripping the offensive side of the ball of experienced WR's directly hampers the progression of a 2nd round QB.

In short, it's not like Wolf and Casserly suggested two bad candidates, but combined, a long with circumstances and bad decision making, Bowles and Macc have left this team in a pretty bad spot.

7. boozer32

It was two suggestions. You would think they hd a 50% chance of one of them being competent. It takes a special talent to whiff on both of them. That is the Jets in a nutshell...special. Not in a good way either.

8. grkmanga31

Jets don't even need to rely on Casserly and Wolfe to know who to hire next. John Dorsey transformed the chiefs talent wise with great drafting. Hire him to be GM and let him run the process of searching for a head coach.

9. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

It would be interesting to fire Bowles and Kacy Rodgers and promote Morton to HC, Karl Dorrell to OC, and ether Nunn or Kevin Greene to D coordinator. Promote the guys that did a good job with what they had and see if you have something to build on.

But that would never happen, because Mac doesn't have the authority and the Johnsons are clueless.

SOJAZ likes this.
  10. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I just never understood why we went the consultant to route to hire these guys. If they whiffed, what do they care? They already got paid. There's no accountability for their choices and they have nothing invested in the team.

GM needs to also pick the coach. No more of these arranged marriages.

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

"consultant" is the greatest scam out there. Instead of paying consultants to find you a cheap head coach /GM who 99% of the time is just a friend anyway, keep the money, and use it pony up for someone who is actually a good coach or GM

12. boozer32

I agree and thought the same thing at the time. For all we know Macc could be sabotaging Bowles to get his guy in here.

13. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

This - Mac and Cheeze will be back next year.

14. grkmanga31

I would be shocked if they were back. How can you justify to a fanbase the return of a coach and GM who have not gone to the playoffs in 3 years and have not made any meaningful strides towards getting there?

Not only the football aspect matters but Woody and Chris will not be happy when they see the negative red numbers down the line when they look at revenue.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  15. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I have to say as patient as I've tried to be with the guy, I have no idea why he was so highly thought of. I get that Arizona had a good D under him, but he was touted as more than that. This guy was on track to be the next great head coach as was recommended by Casserly. He had a little confidence year 1 and it seems like he let the veterans get to his head. What's most bizarre is that our defense has not been good since he's been our coach. It's kinda like he's the Vernon Gholston of coaches, amazing potential, but looks absolutely lost out there.

PulseJet and SOJAZ like this.
  16. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

The Jets have no offensive talent in a fantasy football league. Of course they will do poorly. Coaching has nothing to do with it. You win with players.

17. truthbtold

Of course the players matter, but more than any other sport ... by a MILE ... coaching in the NFL has a direct and significant effect on the outcome of every single game. You can have all the talent on earth but you'll never win in the NFL with a bad head coach and a bad staff. You can overcome it in baseball, basketball and hockey. In the NFL --- NO SHOT.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  18. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

We can only hope Bowles makes it the entire season. 1 down 15 to go.

19. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

he should have been fired before yesterday. making hackenberg the #2 QB for the game was just another idiot move.
    during the game, he continued making idiot moves.

#39 mr nyjet, Sep 11, 2017
  20. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

joe would not play behind that ofensive line........:rolleyes: