Ezekiel Elliott granted Temporary Restraining Order

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Yisman, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

not expected to serve suspension this season

2. Passepartout

Passepartout Active Member

But that it is not at all over by any and all means. As it may be just beginning like that of the Deflate Gate for Brady who served his suspension a year after the flap for NE!

3. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

From a real life standpoint: Fuck that loser.

From a fantasy football standpoint: Woooooooooooo best steal of the draft right next to Kareem Hunt. Wooooooo

4. mute

mute Well-Known Member

what did he do? I managed to grab him in the draft though. Looks like it paid off.

5. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

6. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

So basically the NFL screwed up again. How do they continually get struck down in court?

7. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Thought she was in a bar fight that night if thats what you're talking about. He was suspended because of her claims. She was never credible, unfortunately this shit happens all the time with women who use accusations against men.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

8. zace

zace Well-Known Member

This is different than deflate gate 2. They had the obstruction thing to fall back on, and the use of the wells report. Regardless of what any of us think of its accuracy. They appeared transparent and to cover their asses. This time they were caught being underhanded. Its not as simple as it was with brady.

Hiding witnesses, destroying and hiding evidence and the fact that there was an investigator who didnt find her credible and good ol Goodell did his thing goes against them. Harold Henderson did them no favors and his own ruling paper that essentially make the appeals process tantamount to a farce is working against them.

The nfl is fucked this time.

9. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

The domestic violence allegations were from 2016, the bar fight was in July of this year. That being said, she doesn't sound like she's all there from what I've read. Supposedly one report she made was completely unsubstantiated and three others were valid. No clue why charges weren't lodged. I admit my ignorance on it. I just don't know.

I don't have a problem with the personal conduct policy per se. The problem with the personal conduct policy is that there is no consistency whatsoever. Since Ray Rice, I'm pretty sure DV carries a 6 game suspension. Personally I almost felt a little embarrassed that Richardson only received one game, although totally unrelated.

EDIT & P.S.: Josh Brown just got suspended an additional 6 games.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ension-for-josh-brown-due-to-new-information/

I don't have a problem with that. He was a serial abuser, no question.

#9 jetophile, Sep 9, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
    zace likes this.
  10. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I had read somewhere where she was in a bar fight and tried blaming him for it. They investigated all claims and didn't find any of them credible from what I read. The one friend refused to lie for her to the police.

11. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Another example of how fucked up the nfl is

12. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

What, you think driving 143 mph, racing, driving while high, running from the police, and reaching under his seat where a loaded gun was placed when a cop walks up all while having a child in the backseat of your car deserves more than one game? He's lucky to be alive. Instead he got a tiny ass fine, probation, and some community service.

Besides the unjust process that is suspension in the NFL, the main that bothers me is the woman. How can you be taken seriously when you are sending texts saying you'll ruin someone's career if they leave you, then after leaving you, SUDDENLY he was beating you?

13. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I read an article a while back (on Snapchat ironically) about the changing environment in the NBA where because of technology players no longer need to go out clubbing to find women. They essentially just contact them over social media and meet them and such.

Maybe some NFL players should take some damn notes. I know there's a loooot more NFL players than NBA players at least, but the NBA doesn't seem to have these massive problems with domestic abuse as of late.

Thinking about the faces of the league; LeBron, Westbrook, Chris Paul, Dwyane Wade, and the list goes on of tons of NBA superstars playing it smart, get married, have families and all that stuff. Whereas all these damn NFL players seem to be so disgustingly abusive.

I wonder why? Is it because of the violence of the sport?

zace likes this.
  14. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I think some people are knuckleheads. No matter what options are available they take the stupid road. He is also 20 something, we all made stupid decisions when we were that age, just some have lasting consequences.

I think LBJ has always conscious of his legacy. He made decisions based on that. Elliott can't see that far down the road yet.

15. Jonathan_Vilma

I get that. But I've also never beaten a woman because I was 21 and came home drunk with my girlfriend. I've never bought the young and dumb excuse when it comes to domestic violence. Drunk & disorderly or public intoxication, or even drunk driving? Maybe. Not this stuff.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.spin.com/2017/09/xxxtentacion-domestic-abuse-testimony?amp=1

Here's another horrific case of a (shitty) new young rapper who seemingly mercilessly abused his girlfriend.

16. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Yeah but wll indications are Elliott didnt abuse her. He made a stupid decision by being with someone that manipulative. I was with a manipulative girl once and theyre very good at crafting victim stories, but i learned ya know. Steered clear of any of those signs. Hopefully he learns not to put himself in that situation.

That rapper is just POS tho.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  17. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

I thought Backpage was shut down?

Seriously though, there's always going to be dumb players. You think security won't be provided if you need it when you go out? The NFL will cover that. EVERY team has safe ride programs where if you are too drunk to drive, you can get a free cab ride home no questions asked. Yet every year, there's plenty of players who get DUIs.

18. Jonathan_Vilma

They use Instagram bro. It's not about sending a hooker to your room lol. It's about finding an Instagram model to wife up.

19. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

another restraining order

he's back in for Week 9

never seen something like this hang over an entire season

NYJalltheway likes this.
  20. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

It's crazy frustrating as a fantasy owner. I can deal with whatever happens, but I better fucking have him for the fantasy playoffs.