WFAN'S Craig Carton Arrested on Securities, Wire Fraud Charge

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by joe, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Boomer and the Mad Dog?

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

i would tune in to that

3. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Cock sucking mother fucker bastard

zace likes this.
  4. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

You can say that again.

And again.

Poeman likes this.
  5. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

That would make me listen to WFAN again.

Br4d and matt robinson 17 like this.
  6. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

This guy through away an epic career for fucking gambling.I lost all respect for him if these charges stick,it doesn't seem likely that he will beat them.He looks like a complete fraud now ...

7. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

can't possibly be a bigger fraud than Don La Greca

8. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

I agree he made me laugh at times and that's what you're looking for in the morning...his opinions on anything sports wise or political were awful tho...he totally struck me as a criminal tho lol

9. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

I don't even care to hear about politics, specifically on a morning sports dominated show. Maybe I'm naive, never thought he would do something like this but it happened and I don't think he will be able to get out of it. I can deff see him serving multiple years in prison, especially since the max sentencing is 45 years. His lawyer will have to plead that Carton has a huge gambling problem and needs therapy or something of the sort to lessen the sentence. Either ways, he pretty much just ended his career.

I wonder who's going to be his replacement.

10. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Why, did he do something lately (I didn't tune to ESPN radio for like 4 months)
    Or you refer to Don's signature "you're a fraud" line?
    Or do you mean that he is a Devils fan on Rangers payroll?

11. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Be careful saying this in front of a bleeding heart... It's an addition, don't you know?!

12. GordonGecko

I mean he's a complete phony, the afternoon show always goes the same way - Kay comes in with a strong talking point and mild outrage about something, La Greca nods politely then starts talking around the point, eventually Kay's point becomes his talking point, and by the end of the hour La Greca is pushing Kay's point as his own like it was his life's ambition to defend it and starts yelling about it like it matters more to him than anything. He always panders to Kay and to the lowest common most-PC viewpoint to make himself look good to the audience. I can see through his schtick from a mile away, and the fact that he has another contrived schtick about calling out frauds just confirms to me from a psychological standpoint that he's projecting his insecurities.

Still I have more respect for that ugly fat loser than Carton who ruined his life and family and stole from sick kids

13. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

I see.
    TBH I never listened to Kay's show long enough to catch this progression. My commute is like 15-20 minutes, so I used to hear Don either agreeing with, or arguing against Kay, not the change from one to another.
    What I did notice is they would discuss the topic for multiple days and often times they'd give different opinions. So that at some later time, they would always be able to point to something they said as the proof of being right. Well.. if you keep arguing both sides all the time, of course you'll be "right" all the time.

Carton... he is annoying sanctimonious prick. Always condescending, "I know better than thou". Mini Tank wannabe. Fuck him

14. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Never liked him but he was funny as Susan Waldman

15. Br4d

I wouldn't be that shocked to see him take a plea deal including a promise of restitution and serve a few years. Then get out and write a book about gambling and addiction and how it affected his life, blah, blah, blah, work with Gambler's Anonymous doing public awareness and eventually get rehabilitated in the business again.

There are a lot of second chances and chapters in life and he didn't actually physically harm anybody, use a weapon or put anybody in real physical danger during his frauds.

16. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I've been a big fan of the show for years and honestly never saw something like this coming.What pisses me off is this guy had it made ...he worked hard for years to get where he was but his ego probably convinced him he was untouchable and couldnt get caught.Unless he truly was a victim which his lawyer claims ,either way the trial should be interesting to say the least.

17. GordonGecko

That's the only angle that gets him off from a lengthy sentence IMO, strike a deal to co-operate and testify against the other guy and against (most likely) the mob loan shark that he got 800K into with. Of course that means one day with his back turned it's all over for him

18. Br4d

If he was addicted to gambling he was a victim of the disease. He probably thought that the next swindle would let him recover his losses and pay everybody back. Do that a few times and you get into a completely hopeless situation.

I'm not making excuses for him, because he did what he did and it definitely caused a lot of people grief. However gamblers have been following this ruinous path for long enough that it's clear that there's less control of the situation than a person in good mental health would have.

19. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

The charges will stick. The FBI has something close to a 97% conviction rate. They don't come get you till they know they have you. Only chance he has to recoup the end of his life is to catch a good plea deal. And that means turning states evidence which means target for the rest of your life.

20. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I've always enjoyed the show too. Moreso for Boomer because I think he's an extremely level-headed and honest host/analyst.

Carton can be frustrating to listen to when he's doing his dumbass voices or chewing over he mic but they were a good balance together.

The most disheartening part about it is stealing from his charity, and the reason he did it. Being a big gambler is part of his schtick on air. He's even asked Boomer for $5k or so on air that he could supposedly undoubtedly double to $10k.

He'll be out of commission for a while but America does love a good comeback story for sure. I could see him resurfacing 5 or so years from now. It worked for Sid Rosenberg.