Josh Rosen 2017 Games Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Sep 2, 2017.

1. seanofthedead

seanofthedead Well-Known Member

This times 1,000! I'm not a college football guy so I can't compare him to some of the other top college Qb's but what I do know ishe took an absolute beating, watched his teammates make some atrocious plays and stayed in and played his ass off! Did he take some questionable chances? Sure. Did he get lucky a few times? Absolutely. But all this talk of "Does he love the game?" Needs to stop! Dude showed he's a baller yesterday. I'm sure he'll have a few bad games between now and the draft but yesterday was all I needed to see to confirm my feelings that he is the QB the Jets MUST get...!

2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

He was very Eli-esque last night. At the next level he's going to throw picks like Eli does, but he is going to make a lot of plays. He took some big hits last night, you have to wonder if he'll last the season. Will he be damaged? His arm strength looks good from last years injury. I think he can handle the New York Media just fine. The question is do the Jets build a team around him. I got the utmost respect for Eli Manning, if he is truly anything like him, I am in it for the long haul.

boozer32 and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  3. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

I think we have the weapons for a young QB with talent... WITH TALENT... to come in and utilize.

Quincy Robby Kearse Ardarius Peake Hanson ASJ...

What I look for in a QB is if he can make a WR better. If he can turn one or two of those guys into a household name, I believe that QB is our guy.

Those QB's that drop a 80-90 catch WR down to a 40-50 catch WR disgust me.

We've dealt with those for too long.

4. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Every snap Josh Rosen took versus Texas A&M.

IMO, he didn't play that great and threw plenty of dangerous passes that could have and probably would have been picked off in the NFL. His o-line had him take a bunch of bad hits which never helps. But to his credit, he is a gamer and a comeback like that isn't because of luck. He goes through his progressions and also takes snaps under center which is one thing less you would need to work on with him. I'll be keying in on him for the rest of the season because I really believe he may be the #1 pick in 2018. Sam Darnold does not strike me as a player ready to come out of school but its a long season and plenty of things can change.

almbleamal, Br4d and xxedge72x like this.
  5. grkmanga31

I think Jets need 1 elite WR to make the group really scary. Quincy was supposed to be huge for us this year but since injured who knows how he'll look when he comes back. Robby is a speedster and can certainly take the top off of a defense but I'm wondering if he has the frame, body weight/muscle to consistently catch passes in traffic. ASJ could become a beast if he continues to stay out of trouble (which I think he will). Peake is meh, not sure if he'll even be here next season. Aradirus perfect slot WR, Hanson want to see what he can see over the course of the season.

JetLifeLo likes this.
  6. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Yeah the Enunwa injury was tough... I was expecting him to have his full break out year this time around, last season was just a preview since he played with noodle arm Fitzy.

7. grkmanga31

He was deff supposed to have a breakout year. I think he can be a really good number 2, but like I said in my original post, think he needs someone Elite at number 1. He would feast because of his versatility and speed/power.

8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

That's the key with all of these young guys. If we put pieces around them I like more than one of these players. I hope we're not just married to Darnold and explore all options.

Trap game against Hawaii today? Let's see if he comes to compete against lower level competition today. 5:00 PM is kickoff.

9. Jonathan_Vilma

I don't want to take credit for the comparison as I forgot who originally said it, but Enunwa is in the mold of Anquan Boldin. Kudos to whomever made that comparison.

Adequate yet not game breaking speed, big strong hands, can body defensive backs and run over some guys in the open field. I'm excited for him.

Hopefully we retain him. I know teams don't often do it, but can we extend him cheap while he's injured? I doubt he'd want to do that though.

#49 Jonathan_Vilma, Sep 9, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  10. 101GangGreen101

Darnold is going to have to put up a show against Stanford tonight, he didn't look very good last week. But the more options the Jets have the better the Jets are come draft time. I think Rosen and Jackson are my tops so far with Darnold behind them.

Rosen, should be interesting to see him continue to put the team on his back, should have an excellent game today.

11. Jonathan_Vilma

Definitely. I'd also be lying if I said the so-so history of USC quarterbacks didn't worry me.

While not all highly heralded prospects the history kind of sucks.

Todd Marinovich, Rodney Peete, Rob Johnson, Matt Leinart, and Mark Sanchez (excluding Palmer of course) isn't the most exciting list of former NFL players.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  12. 101GangGreen101

Oh it absolutely turns me off. USC is a talented team, you really don't know how good the QB is sometimes. Specifically Sanchez and Leinart had very talented teams around them. Rosen, does not. Jackson does not. Josh Allen absolutely does not. To me, that has to count for something.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  13. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Enunwa is far more explosive than Boldin; 4.45 40 vs 4.71. I see Enunwa as more of a poor man's Demaryius Thomas.

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  14. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Even Palmer didn't live up to my expectations. I thought he was going to the GOAT.

15. Jonathan_Vilma

Is there any way to watch UCLA vs. Hawaii in Optimum/Altice Rockland County cable?

I can't seem to find it.

16. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

http://fïrstrowsports.eu/

17. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Rosen and Jackson are separating themselves as elite prospects, that's a great thing for us. Hopefully Darnold follows suit.

boozer32 and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  18. Jonathan_Vilma

12/14 for 170 yards and 3 touchdowns. 2:30 left in the first half. He's looking pretty damn elite.

Imagine Darnold falls off from last year and Rosen is the clear cut best player? I could just see us ignoring who had the better year and is proving to be the better prospect and taking Darnold anyways.

A couple of things I've noticed about Rosen, in particular from the A&M comeback..

- He uses his eyes very well. He scans the field and doesn't lock on to receivers.

- He puts the ball on receivers running short out patterns and flat routes immediately. He trusts his pre-snap read and takes the 5-6 yards those routes gain. It reminds me of how quickly Brady puts the ball on Edelman and formerly Wes Welker when they're open.

- Hitting receivers in short patterns like that allows him to utilize the pump fake very effectively. This allows him to use previous plays to set up the next longer pass plays.

- Both his eyes and pump fake already have given him two different tools to move defenders. That's something young quarterbacks struggle with.

- He changes arm angles very well. He has good not great arm strength, but his velocity is consistent regardless of how his body is contorted. Reminds me a bit of Stafford in that sense although he doesn't have that arm talent.

He's an impressive kid if he keeps this up. He does look a bit frail. Is it just me? Cause he's listed at 6'4", 220.

But that no longer concerns me as much with quarterbacks because of how the league protects them.

#58 Jonathan_Vilma, Sep 9, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
    NCJetsfan, Big Cat and almbleamal like this.
  19. 101GangGreen101

Jets more than likely would take Rosen over Jackson I bet. Imagine if Jacksonville got Jackson to pair with Fournette?

20. Jonathan_Vilma

It would be cool but I don't see Coughlin signing off on that. He's never had a running quarterback in his entire coaching career, he didn't even have any as backups as far as I can remember.