Mike M. has to go

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jets12, Sep 2, 2017.

1. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

You're buying into the media's loljets hatefest. They love beating up on us (and the Browns)

This isn't even the least talented Jets roster of the past decade. 2014 was. Rex said it himself.

In the past few days we have added Kearse, Kerley and Will Tye. Not exactly Rice, Megatron, and Jimmy Graham...but those are 3 respectable and established NFL players.

The Jets do not have a ton of talent but let's not buy into that historically bad BS. They are nowhere near that. All that 0-16 stuff is just crap

2. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Good summary of them both. Your points about Macc are why I'm stopping just short of calling for his head too. But if he doesn't really upgrade the offense this off season, he goes in the dumpster. Bowles should already be there. I see nothing to warrant his retention, even at this moment. The "best" he can do is screw up their draft position by trying to win as many games as possible, but in any case will not be more than 4-5, just enough to put them in draft purgatory.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  3. ColoradoContrails

This ^ 1000%.

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Don't read it. I could care less. It makes more sense than bunch of malarkey you posted.

I meant Mangini, rather than Parcells.

5. NCJetsfan

That's on Bowles, or do you think that's on Mac too? LOL

6. NCJetsfan

I totally agree that if Mac remains our GM following this season and he doesn't take major strides in FA and the draft to uprade our OL and fix the offense, that he should be fired.

7. Beki

Beki Active Member

So, Jets are not tanking...this is something new for me. It seems Macc was boring and that is why we have a crap roster like now...

8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

a big thing is that Maccagnan is nutless.

This is just one example. In the 2016 draft he was handed a GIFT. franchise left tackle Laremy Tunsil was falling and falling because of some weed and we needed a left tackle badly. Almost too perfect but he had to move up 8 or so spots but he didn't do it. I'm sure teams wanting a nice return for the 8 spots but sometimes you have to put your balls on the line. The Giants wanted to move down anyway but Mac was a pussay. Meanwhile he lets our division rivals have that gift of a 10 year beast left tackle and were stuck with a small linebacker that isn't even good in Darron Lee with a pitiful offensive line.

he also showed no balls with Fitzpatrick's negotiation. Like everyone knew he was going to lose that stare down and he did. Giving that bum $12 million you gotta be kidding me

9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Kearse peaked right around 650 yards. Kelley 830. They're both OK #3 receivers at best. We have them as our #1 & #2.

Will Tye is the reason the Giant spent their first round pick on a tightend..

They belong in NFL rosters but it's the story of this team starting a bunch of backup players.

We have two good defensive lineman, two rookie safeties whom are supposed to be really good (we'll see), a decent right guard, a bunch of backup receivers, and two runningbacks who won't be around next time we're competitive. This roster sucks dude.

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

At the moment the Jets defense looks kind of talented. Injuries may take it down and of course rookies are rookies but this is the best collection of defensive talent since 2011 or so.

The offense is likely to be historically terrible.

2-14 with some luck. 4-12 as a disaster scenario.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  11. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The Jets defense is also going to be on the field for 38 minutes a game with this offense. By week 6-7 they're going to be absolutely exhausted and likely fed up with the shit offense.

Two rookie safeties in the first two rounds is a cool concept. But I fully expect us to be stout yet give up some big plays. Skrine is a middle of the road corner whose best fit is playing a nickel read and react zone type of defense. If they put him on an island he'll get shredded. No Claiborne was good last year for the first time. He'll get hurt tho.

Linebackers are pretty shitty. We now have two inside linebackers that take poor angles to the ball (D. Davis & Lee). Jordan Jenkins is good. Not sure who will play on the other side.

ColoradoContrails and westiedog1 like this.
  12. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

And actually, he was going to give him a multi-year deal but thank God Fitz opted to bet on himself for 12 mil and not sign for long term.

Maccagnan has made a lot of mistakes in terms of free agent acquisitions.

tbruner12 likes this.
  13. ColoradoContrails

Macc has been active in picking through the FA pile, but it seems like he's doing more of the "rearranging the deck chairs" than anything else. If you have a blueprint, and a team identity, then you can find players that fit that and improve your team - this is what BB does. Otherwise, you're just throwing darts at moving target hoping you get lucky. His draft picks also show a lack of overall vision or blueprint - you don't build a team around a DT or Safety. While some might credit Macc for reducing payroll and limiting cap hits and contract obligations, that isn't what puts fans in the seats (or in front of their tv). Ultimately he has to be measured on whether he made the team better and a SB contender, and so far the answer is tilting towards "No".

legler82 and tbruner12 like this.
  14. Laxg41

Laxg41 Well-Known Member

15. ColoradoContrails

The Chiefs were at #27 in the last draft. Despite that they picked up Patrick Mahomes and Kareem Hunt - just imagine what they would've added to the Jets! The more I examine the evidence, the more I lean towards dumping Maccagnan.

tbruner12 and Red Menace like this.
  16. NCJetsfan

They traded up to get both Mahomes and Hunt. They turned 10 draft picks into 6. If Mac had done that, fans would have been screaming for his head with all the holes we have.

Jeti likes this.
  17. ColoradoContrails

Or not. If the Jets had Mahomes, Maye, and Hunt, I don't think the fans would be upset. Look at Mahomes's analysis compared to any of the "saviors" that MIGHT be available to them in 2018 - he looks like a much better bet. Certainly a much better bet than Hack. Add Hunt into the mix and the Jets would have a fairly decent attack, even with Petty starting. All of this outweighs whatever improvement Adams may make IMO.

tbruner12 likes this.
  18. NCJetsfan

Again, I disagree. There were only 3 of us on this board who liked Mahomes and thought he had a lot of potential. Most of the rest of posters hated him because he was a Texas Tech and spread offense QB, had the screwy arm angles, and they would have gone berserk if Mac had taken Mahomes instead of Adams (probably the very same ones who criticized Mac for taking the consensus best player in Williams, and said he got "lucky" and give him no credit). Mac can't win with many of you. I've never seen a more impatient, biased group of fans in my life. 3 or 4 of Mac's draft picks over the last 2 years could make All Pro this season and still 2/3 of this board would want him fired.

Yes, if a QB is any good at all, he'll have a bigger impact than a S or any other position player. That goes without saying, but there was no way that Mac was gonna take Mahomes after having taken Hack in the 2nd round the year before, and with the supposed QB-rich draft in 2018, even if he hadn't been a spread QB from Texas Tech, but factor that in and theres' no way that Mac or most GMs would have taken Mahomes. I'd be willing to bet that Andy Reid had a LOT of say/influence in the Chiefs trading up for Mahomes.

I give up. I think I'm gonna take a long break from this board, because I'm sick of reading the crap that is routinely getting posted on here recently.

19. The issue w. Mac is the lack of results. Yes his drafts have been sound in "theory" & value.

When he took over the job the offense was about is devoid as it could possibly be. While he made a few trades & utilized some draft picks to try to improve the unit,it still seems that offense is second fiddle for this team & short of perhaps ASJ/Shell & acouple rookies stepping up we have literally zero building blocks on O. That's inexcuseable to me 3 years in.

He wants to build for draft which I'm all for.But building through the draft requires actually hitting on picks something he hasn't done.It also requires roster/drafting balance..I'm still not convinced that this franchise is ready to let go of the winning w defense pipe dream;3 straight 1st round defenders later..Mac appears to be a part of the problem.

We shouldn't settle for competence from a GM.We deserve better than that

20. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

We talk about the first round, but real gms make their money in the mid rounds.

How many knew about Hunt before last night's game?

In hindsight if possible I would've went Adams, Kizer and Hunt if I knew he were this good.