Is New England Violating The Salary Cap With Tom Brady ?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by JetsKickAss, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

Ego, pure and simple. The Pats have shown time and again they feel they are above the rules so why wouldn't they do this? I also suspect Brady would love knowing he is the highest paid QB in the league even if it's through back channels.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  2. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Gameday ...break a leg, Tom!

[​IMG]

3. How long into the first Qtr before Andy Reid's headset goes dead?

Oh yes I forget.."everybody does it"...it just only seems to happen in games involving New England opposition..Robert Kraft's infamous "1%" factor..

A team game w roots in an even playing field..except of course for the Patriots..they need & are allowed deep seeded advantages rooted in deception,treachery & gray area to be at their best

We hate em cause we ain't em,right?

NY Jets68 and matt robinson 17 like this.
  4. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Wow, that's a huge stretch.

5. Jets_Grinch

Please elaborate. You think anyone gets as good as Brady or Belicheck without a massive ego and monstrouscompetitive streak? Why wouldn't Brady want to be the "highest paid player in the game?" No one ever has "enough money" so saying his wife and him already make tons is not an argument. The fact they can cut his cap hit and pay him elsewhere in a way which is technically legal (yes this is sketchy as hell but not against the rules at this time) so why wouldn't they? As for the organization showing contempt for the rules just look at Kraft flipping from "we will co-operate with the league" to "i demand an apology" in less than 48 hours during deflategate says a lot. BB has over and over again looked for every possible advantage he can and found possibly every grey area in the rule book. It's what makes him probably the best coach ever (i feel dirty just saying it but it's the truth). Plus, now Brady gets the best of both world's, the huge paycheck and to look like the great guy that took a salary cut to help the team win.

#85 Jets_Grinch, Sep 7, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
    dcinct likes this.
  6. Couldn't have said it better.Anyone who wants to think better of the nonsense they've conjured up for their own gameday benefit for the last 15 years need look no further than that abhorrent quote from Kraft demanding an apology.

I guess that went out the window once Tommy convieniently destroyed the most damning object of evidence.hmm no apology for THAT though,right?

15 years of this crap & people still wanna look the other way & think better of it. Tell me..when will enough be enough?20 years?30?Thats a lot of slack given to a regime that has never ONCE portrayed even the slightest bit of respect,integrity,dignity or humility for anyone outside of Thier own self benefit.

The fact that one team/fan base/media outlet can insult,inflict & act above blatant wrongdoing for this long a period w.o majority ruled street justice be it from the league or otherwise is downright comical.Hell the league & fans won't stand for an average QB not standing for the anthem but a decade & a half of competitive based treachery is a'ok.

Who's delusional again?

dcinct, NY Jets68 and Jets_Grinch like this.
  7. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

So you really think being the highest paid QB for one year (Because that doesn't last these days) would give him a bigger ego than winning a Super Bowl? Right...Getting paid more wouldn't change how people look at him so it wouldn't do shit for his ego.

8. Look..

I think there are MUCH bigger fish to fry w the Patriots. Certainly add it to the pile of all their other bullshit..but they likely find a loophole to diversify Brady's pay rate & ultimately the cap hit.

But look at guys like Revis,Flacco,Laveon Bell down the line. These modern athletes only understand $ signs & what they perceive as "respect"..which is just another word for guaranteed money.Endorsements,marketing, intangibles be damned. Being the highest paid at your position group is the be all end all.

If Brady is the exception I have no idea.But if he was such a team first guy why need "TB12" to begin w.He makes more than enough via his Thrifty player salary,endorsements & from his spouse.He wasn't thinking of his teammates when he broke that cell phone..

..er.wait..he plays for the Patriots..so I take that back..he's the quintessential dirt bag cheater

9. Jets_Grinch

Why not both? Also, if he is being paid under the table then they could be touching up the TB12 lifestyle brand/NEP sponsorship deal annually to keep him near the top. Your "for one year" comment only works if it's his actual contract which we have established it is not. And if he felt he was being underpaid it most ceretainly would affect him, this allows him to get paid and allows the team freedom in signing other players. As suggested by Kurt i look forward to more star players doing this. I just hope Big Cat's Lion food brand supplements becomes a thing before his next contract negotiation.

10. NovaScotiaPatsFan

NovaScotiaPatsFan New Member

No, they're not.

11. Naw but they sure like cheating & having the refs in their back pocket

dogg and Jets_Grinch like this.
  12. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

The Patriot Way = Systemic Cheating

dogg, K'OB, Br4d and 3 others like this.
  13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

It's not cheating if you win unless you get caught.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  14. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

The ready supply of free available semen in the greater Massachusetts area more than offsets the money Tommy would otherwise earn.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  15. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

16. joe

joe Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

17. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

dogg likes this.
  18. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Think your missing the point of this thread. There is no question that Brady has restructured his contract frequently and has taken a lower salary than he should have. The question is, does the fact that every time he does accept a lower salary , his TB12 contract is increased to off set that lost money equate to circumventing the cap? It does ,it's been investigated by the league and the current CBA, lacks the necessary language to do anything about it. It's expected to be addressed in the next CBA, right about when Brady will be retiring.

Leicester Jet likes this.
  19. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

How about this scenario. Maybe Kirk Cousins should start a company called the KC8 Foundation dedicated To the betterment of Michigan State QB's. Then the Jets can sign Cousins For ~15M a year and the Johnson foundation can donate between $13-$15M a year to the KC8 Foundation. Would that satisfy any Jet fans out there? :)

20. SackExchange69

SackExchange69 Well-Known Member

KC8 sucks so it wouldn't satisfy me.