Jets Full Roster 2017 (Waivers & Adjustments GO HERE)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NCJetsfan, Sep 4, 2017.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Active Roster
    Practice Squad
    Reserve IR

#1 NCJetsfan, Sep 4, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2017
    egelband likes this.
  2. JetsfanHBca

JetsfanHBca Active Member

For some odd reason info has been inconsistent this year and lack of threads so here is what I have found

Jets claimed 4 off Waivers:

Will Tye TE

Damore'ea Stringfellow WR

Kalif Raymon WR

Edmond Robinson LB

To make room Jets cut B. Carter LB, Vander Laan TE, F.Bishop LB & M.Murphy RB.

Also put Lorenzo Mauldin on the IR with a neck injury. And re-signed Bruce Carter with the open spot

Initially Alex Collins agreed to pur practice squad but changed his mind and joined the Ravens

So far practice squad looks like

DL Patrick Gamble

OL Geoff Gray

WR JoJo Natson

CB Terrell Sinkfield

LB Frank Beltre

OL Ben Braden

CB Xavier Coleman

DL Deon Simon

My guess would did be that that the last 2 PS players will come from the most recent cuts Vander Lann; Bishop or Murphy

Jets have also worked out TE Tim Wright & TE Gavin Escobar but would have to cut from the 53 if signed

https://www.fanragsports.com/news/jets-2017-practice-squad-roster/

#2 JetsfanHBca, Sep 4, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
    Mogriffjr likes this.
  3. NCJetsfan

So far, there are four players on the Practice Squad:
    Deon Simon, NT
    Xavier Coleman, CB
    Frank Beltré, OLB
    Ben Braden, OL

If Marcus Murphy clears waivers, the Jets want to sign him to the PS.

The Jets have added 4 more players to their PS.

Patrick Gamble, DL - (23 years old)
    Gamble signed with the Jets on April 29 of this year as a UDFA. He was in TC with them and made some big plays in preseason. He played his college ball at GA Tech, and his senior season he was an All-ACC Honorable Mention and one of three captains on the Ramblin' Wreck team. Here's the link to his nfl.com draft profile: http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/patrick-gamble?id=2558778

Terrell Sinkfield, CB - (26 years old)
    He probably is only here as a return man. Sinkfield was a CB in high school before being converted to WR at N. Iowa. In 2013, he signed with the Dolphins in late April as a UDFA, but was released at the end of May. He signed with the Packers a few weeks later, but was released 5 weeks later (mid-July). He signed with Buffalo on Aug.3, but was released on August 18. He was signed by the Giants on Aug. 21, but released on Aug. 25. In March 2014 he signed with the Toronto Argonauts, but was released on Aug. 26. On Sep. 4 he signed with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats of the CFL and helped lead them to the Grey Cup. He had 613 return yards and a TD in just 7 games with the Tiger-Cats. I couldn't find anything about the 2015 season. In Jan. 2016 season he signed a futures contract with the Vikings but was cut on Aug. 30. He transitioned back to CB while with the Vikings. On Sep.t 16, 2016 he signed with the BC Lions of the CFL.. Minnesota re-signed him on March 30 of this year. He has speed. At the Univ. of Minnesota Pro Day in 2013, he supposedly was manually timed in the 40 yard dash at 4.19 seconds. The Vikings college scout Scott Studwell disputed that time and said that Sinkfield never broke 4.3 seconds. Here's a YouTube link to Sinkfield running the 40 yard dash at his Pro Day: I couldn't find an nfl.com draft profile for him, but following are a couple more links if you want to know more about him.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-need-to-know-about-nfl-prospect-after-419-40
    http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=97451&draftyear=2013&genpos=WR

Geoff Gray, OL (G?) - (22 years old)
    GEOFF GRAY, G, Manitoba (Can.)

Basics: From Winnipeg, Manitoba (Canada). Enrolled as a defensive lineman and redshirted before being shifted to the offensive line. Played mostly guard in 2013-14, RT in ’15 and RG in ’16. Only pre-draft visit was Green Bay. Never has undergone surgery. Never had a major injury. Played in the East-West Shrine Game. Expected to be an early selection in the Canadian Football League draft Sunday but is committed to a career in the NFL.

Measurables: 6-5½, 315, 5.34. Vertical jump of 31, broad jump of 9-6, 25 reps on the bench and Wonderlic of 29. Arms were 34, hands were 9 ¾.

Gray: “The 49ers were coming on strong at the end but I just went with my gut and here I am with the Packers. Going on a visit there definitely factored into my decision. … I’m definitely an aggressive player. X’s and O’s are one thing; you need to know what you’re doing. But if you’re not playing to dominate the guys across from you then you’re not going to have that extra edge as an offensive lineman. … I felt like I belonged physically (at the East-West). Obviously, I had stuff to learn. It was the first time I ever played American football. I felt like I improved as the week went on.”

AFC scout: “Combination of size and length. Seems to have outstanding lean mass in carrying his weight. Very good athlete. Shows feet, quickness and overall agility. Questionable balance and body control at times. Shows good pass set. Good anchor on power. Good ankle flex. Can bend and sink his weight and lose ground slowly. Has position flex. “
    http://www.packersnews.com/story/sp...iles-packers-undrafted-free-agents/101287344/
    http://www.winnipegsun.com/2017/09/02/gray-cut-by-packers

JoJo Natson, WR
    - (23 years old)
    He's only 5'7" and 153 pounds. I think he was a Colts UDFA this year. Supposedly he has good hands and runs pretty good routes. He is a returner as well, but was primarily a PR in college. He played at Utah State from 2012-2014, but was kicked off of the team in 2015 for violating team rules. He was the 1st Team All-Mountain West Punt Returner and Honorable Mention as WR in 2014. He finished his collegiate career at the Univ. of Akron in 2016 where he had 59 receptions for 837 yards (a 14.2 ypc average) and 10 TDs.

Here's his NFLdraftscout draft profile: http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=124513&draftyear=2017&genpos=WR

Here's a video of him with the Colts returning a KO: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-...d-on-28-yard-kickoff-return-from-own-end-zone

Following are links to some articles about him.
    https://www.stampedeblue.com/2017/8...major-case-for-himself-early-in-the-preseason
    http://www.indystar.com/story/sport...n-hopes-make-nfl-small-man-history/605761001/
    There are two threads covering this. One is entitled "Training Camp Cuts - Possible Additions" and the other is "Jets' Practice Squad" Both are on the 1st page of threads in the Jets forum.

4. hwismer

hwismer Active Member

Cimini:

Jets
    sign RB/KR Marcus Murphy and LB Freddie Bishop to the practice squad.

5. JetsfanHBca

JetsfanHBca Active Member

DL Patrick Gamble

OL Geoff Gray

WR JoJo Natson

CB Terrell Sinkfield

LB Frank Beltre

OL Ben Braden

CB Xavier Coleman

DL Deon Simon

OLB Freddie Bishop

RB Marcus Murphy

6. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

How's that string fellow looking?

Haha

7. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

What happened to Lawrence Thomas? Surprised he didn't make the roster, but shocked he's not even on the practice squad

Red Menace likes this.
  8. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I figured PS for Thomas as well.

Maybe Gamble showed more upside. They kept Simon too so 3 DL on the PS may have been too many.

I also have a feeling Pelon may still end up getting demoted to PS again. We had a lot of DL options.
    Hopefully for Thomas he finds a way to sneak back in and prove himself.

9. JetsGoFar

JetsGoFar Active Member

Yeah, Lawrence thomas should be on the squad.He looked good. Take him over Gamble for sure.

10. hwismer

hwismer Active Member

New York Jets‏Verified account @nyjets 1h1 hour ago

We’ve signed DL Lawrence Thomas to the practice squad and released DL Patrick Gamble from the practice squad.

Red Menace and NCJetsfan like this.
  11. NCJetsfan

Even though I wasn't able to watch the games live, I followed the play-by-play very closely on nfl.com, and I honestly don't remember Thomas having much of an impact in the preseason games, and I don't think I remember ever reading that he stood out in TC practices. I do remember seeing Gamble's name a few times, however in preseason games. I was surprised, because I really liked Thomas last year, and thought he was all but a shoe-in for the roster. Pelon's stats were better than either.

To be certain, I looked up the stats for both of them and they're actually pretty equal. Gamble had 2 solo tackles, 2 assists and 1.5 sacks. Thomas had 5 solo tackles, 1 assist, but no sacks. Pelon had 4 solo tackles, 5 assists, and a half a sack. Maybe the fact that Gamble and Pelon had sacks and Thomas didn't that made the difference. Maybe the more consistently got pressure on opposing QBs. I'm surprised as much as you.

EDIT: The revolving door continues. I see that Thomas is now on the PS and Gamble isn't. So much for that theory. LOL I wonder if adding Gamble was a mistake, just like cutting Bruce Carter was evidently a mistake.

12. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Any Roster moves for this year Go here.
    (The OP will be updated as we go.)

Any new threads created will be thrown in here anyway
    so feel free to do your part ;)

So that we're clear.
    ONLY Roster Moves HERE
    Actual Player discussions...NO.

TY

Cman68 and NCJetsfan like this.
  13. NCJetsfan

Thanks for re-creating/merging these threads, and for adding info to my first post to give me more credit than I deserve! :)

egelband and Royal Tee like this.
  14. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Winter is here... it's about to get ugly. ;)

FJF likes this.
  15. hwismer

hwismer Active Member

New York Jets:

We've signed TE Neal Sterling and waived WR Damore’ea Stringfellow

Royal Tee and NCJetsfan like this.
  16. NCJetsfan

With Stringfellow's poor character and troubled past, I'm surprised that Mac ever signed him.

17. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Is there an actual point to signing somebody for 2 days, do they get one large bomb to catch if they are a WR and if they drop it they are then out on their arse ?

Seems odd to me.

18. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

I'm guessing the Kerley signing made Stringfellow surplus to requirements more than anything.

K'OB likes this.
  19. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

How is N. Sterling? Do not know much about him?

20. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

He's available the day before the season starts...