2017 General Manager and Head Coach Confidence Poll

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ChrebetCrunch, Sep 4, 2017.

?

What is your confidence level of our GM and HC?

1. I have complete confidence in Mike Maccagnan and Todd Bowles

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  2. I have NO confidence in Mike Maccagnan and Todd Bowles

19 vote(s)
    19.6%
  3. I have complete confidence in Mac, but not Bowles

9 vote(s)
    9.3%
  4. I have complete confidence in Bowles, but not Mac

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I am cautiously confident in Mac and Bowles

9 vote(s)
    9.3%
  6. I am cautiously confident in Mac, but NOT with Bowles

41 vote(s)
    42.3%
  7. I am cautiously confident in Bowles, but NOT with Mac

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  8. I don't know how I feel about Mac and Bowles.

6 vote(s)
    6.2%
  9. I don't know how I feel about Mac, but not confident with Bowles

11 vote(s)
    11.3%
  10. I don't know how I feel about Bowles, but not confident with Mac

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ChrebetCrunch

ChrebetCrunch Well-Known Member

I ran out of choices. Choose the one that BEST fits your feelings about our GM and HC.

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Are you sure you didn't leave out anything? There is such a thing as too many options.

3. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

4. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I think this years draft was a decent draft by Mac, his UDFA have been decent as well. I'll give him one more year.

Todd Bowles in my opinion needs to never coach again as a HC, for a man that has been in the NFL as long as he has, to be stuck with such an antiquated philosophy and ignoring the offensive side of the ball as a HC, it's just not the way things are done in today's NFL.

5. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I expect Mac will be all over the board. Bowles will have no one expressing confidence in him, with most specifically not having confidence in him. That's the way I went (second from the bottom).

SonofDinger and boozer32 like this.
  6. ChrebetCrunch

Like I said, I would have liked to have had more options.

7. ChrebetCrunch

I'm hoping that Bowles makes adjustments and becomes the HC that I thought that he could be. Some coaches never learn, and others go on to achieve excellence. Pete Carroll adjusted and became a college and NFL champion head coach. I tend to agree with you and think that he has hit his ceiling, and should probably go back to being a DC.

Walt White and Red Menace like this.
  8. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I'm hoping Bowles can improve as well, but am no longer confident.

What I look for in a coach (in no particular order):
    1) Players buying in.....when players quit on a coach, like Mangini, and Bowles last year, that is probably the worst sign for a coach. With a terrible roster, this will be his biggest test this season. Keep them motivated and buying in.

2) Making your coaching specialty a team asset........last season the defense sucked and the Safeties were terrible. let's see if Bowles can rebound and make our rookie Safeties an asset while improving the defense.

3) Innovation and Risk........you can't just follow coaching 101 blueprints and do everything conservative. So far that's what Bowles has done. I like to see coaches brave enough to do it differently, and Bowles is just too risk adverse for my tastes.

4) Player development.....he'll have plenty of opportunity here.

5) Game plans and half time adjustments........this goes hand in hand with team preparation as well, and is something Belichick excels at. He always has plans and backup plans, and the team is fully prepared to flip the script at any point. It looked promising for Bowles in 2015 but was too predictable in 2016.

I loved Rex for the first 3 attributes at least.
    As of now, I'm not really seeing Bowles check off any of those 5 boxes.
    Regardless of win/loss record or lack of talent, he has to show something in these categories to buy himself another year.

9. ChrebetCrunch

Good assessment of what to look for in a head coach. If he doesn't make vast improvement this year on all 5 of those aspects, I fully support his release.

10. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Poll Results so far: Fuck Bowles

Peebag and Jets69 like this.
  11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

went against the grain, what i have seen is a coach bring a winning record when he has enough talent and a qb that doesn't turn the ball over.
    what i haven't seen is a gm that can draft talent. still early for both but,like yogi says, it gets late early nowadays

12. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Are there many coaches who can't bring a winning record when they are loaded with talent and a QB who doesn't turn it over?

With the roster we had, we should have made a playoff run. You couldn't have asked for an easier schedule than two years ago.

13. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Cautiously optimistic with Mac. No confidence in Bowles. Bowles cannot be here next year. We need a more competent head coach.

NYJetsO12 and SOJAZ like this.
  14. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

that team wasn't loaded, it had end of the line talent. if it had been brick,nick,revis,harris,marshall,cro that would be loaded.
    and i had to answer to the poll, i have no evidence that mac can build a sustainable roster.

TwoHeadedMonster and Walt White like this.
  15. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I voted confident in both as I am pretty confident both don't know what they are doing.

JetBlue and Walt White like this.
  16. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I'm not very confident in either one. This season will end with me calling to fire both or keep both, more likely fire both.

17. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I'm not real confident in Macc, but am willing to see what he does in 2018 draft/FA - although would not be upset if he's fired and replaced with someone who has a winning track record. I have NO confidence in Bowles and still say if he were fired right now the team would be no worse off in the long run. Bowles can't get gone soon enough for me.

For the purpose of the poll I voted "I am cautiously confident in Mac, but NOT with Bowles".

Macc might be okay if they hired a Pres. of FOotball Ops to oversee him and give him a blueprint. It's the gaping hole in this organization that has swallowed up GMs and HCs by the bucketful.

SonofDinger likes this.
  18. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

This last move with SR to Seattle gave Mac a little more credibility...watch him undo it with some other nonsense deal..

He is at least learning so a bit more hope with MM

19. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Whoa snap!

20. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

+100...I think you got this one right here. This all about the roster at this point, and it basically has been under Mac. Whether or not he did Woody's bidding in the beginning doesn't matter anymore.

So this may end up looking pretty bad this year, and it would be very hard to make an assessment of Bowles from the outside. Especially when it's damn near impossible to tell WTF Woody and Mac are thinking and doing, and considering the lousy hand Bowles was dealt by them and whether or not they're sharing in the loss with that lousy hand

Really it will be virtually impossible to get an accurate gauge until we're into 2018 season

TwoHeadedMonster, Red Menace and FJF like this.