Mike M. has to go

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jets12, Sep 2, 2017.

1. jets12

jets12 Active Member

exchanging 7th round picks is like giving up a 6th for a 7th. Again he was abused by a seasoned GM.

Just say if you want Richardson you got him but we are keeping our 7th round pick.

The after you get Kearse you need to deal him again we do not need to acquire veterans on this team. We need to build this team with young players.

Hire a guy like Payton Manning to be the head of football operations like John Elway and let him hire a GM and coach to build this team from the bottom up.

2. JCLA

JCLA Active Member

These daily fire the staff threads have got to go

3. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

If it was me, I would have kept Richardson and use the cap money to re-sign him for another 5 years, he's that good. But I do see the point where he can be disruptive, also.

Very, very few thought thought Mac would squeeze out a 2nd rounder for him, so got to give him credit for playing his cards right.

4. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Wow.

First of all, you have no way of knowing where that 7th round pick will be. Russell Wilson could go down for the season week 1 for all we know. Expectations don't always equal reality. And for Christ's sake, it's a 7th rounder. Who cares.

Why would we deal Kearse? We have a HUGE need for a vet WR since Enunwa went down. We are already building this team around young players, but those players need some vets to show them the way too.

5. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

Or maybe switching 7's was the difference between the other pick being a second or a third. We don't know what was the table but we do know we got a second round pick for a player that was probably walking and a veteran receiver to lead the crop of young guys. Kearse has a ring and spent years playing with Russel Wilson who comes off as a true profesional, I look forward to him spreading his influence on the youth in the locker room.

6. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Thanks for the laugh, short and mirthless as it was.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Skicats, TonyFtLaud, NYJ79 and 6 others like this.
  7. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

8. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

if you want to build a case for firing mac the nut, instead of writing about 7th rounds picks consider:

--ignoring OL in 3 straight drafts
    --panicking into reaching for Hack in round 2
    --drafting 4 DBs and 3 receivers in 2017 when the jets had so many other needs you could throw a dart at the map
    --contract handling of revis, wilkerson and fitzpatrick

with all that being said I do not think the jets will fire Mac or bowles, even after a dreadful 2017--ownership is as clueless as management and the head coach who insists not everyone has an alarm clock

9. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Exchange of 7th
    Getting Kearse

You do know that in addition to that Macc also got 2nd rd pick.... do you?

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  10. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

With the recent acquisition of Ealy and the Sheldon trade included, Mac is actually having a good prelude to the regular season. It could have been great but we'll take what we can get.

JohnnyJet and FJF like this.
  11. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Of all the questionable decisions Mac has made, swapping picks in the last round of the draft is what set you over? Really?

12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Dude, seriously? You want to fire the GM because he exchanged 7th round picks? ROFLMAO!!! Getting a 2nd for Richardson was a minor miracle. No one thought we could get more than a 4th or 5th round pick due to Richardson's mouth and off-field actions. Not only did we get the 2nd round pick, we got a pretty good WR who doesn't drop many passes. He will bring some experience to the WR corps, which will help them learn and improve, will help the offense and the QBs have someone more reliable to throw to. It will help the development of the young QBs and WRs. They aren't trading him.

We had to give Seattle a little something in return. They could have simply asked for our 7th round pick (or higher) in return, and it probably would have been viewed still as a good trade. Mac got their 7th round pick too.

13. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Another thing to add to the list of things TGG has bitched about in the last week:

-a long snapper
    -a rookie kicker
    -a swap of 7th round picks

I can't even imagine what else could possibly come next.

14. ChrebetCrunch

ChrebetCrunch Well-Known Member

Exchanging 7th round picks is like exchanging 7th round picks. Notice the 7.

I'd be ok with this trade if we gave them our 6th for their 7th, so I'm not even sure what this thread is about.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  15. ChrebetCrunch

ChrebetCrunch Well-Known Member

Exactly.

Mac may have made some questionable draft picks, but his trades have been pretty good. We got a hall of fame caliber WR in Brandon Marshall for simply swapping a 5th for a 7th. I don't understand how people could possibly give Mac shit on the Richardson trade.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  16. CONN-JET.2.0.3.

CONN-JET.2.0.3. Active Member

Good teams like the patriots keep their 7th round pick where it's at...

Damn just realized I officially have to find a new avatar ... it was a good run tho

boozer32 likes this.
  17. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Damn, people are drunk posting pretty early this weekend.

Complaining about swapping 7th round picks when we received a 2nd round pick?

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  18. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Has to go............to the bathroom? Drank too much coffee and Dr. Peppers? Yeah, agreed!

19. Beki

Beki Active Member

Can we just close this thread and ban the creator?
    We don't need new topic every day about fire XY because we changed 7th rounders with SEA, c'mon man...

Skicats likes this.
  20. nicg4360

nicg4360 Well-Known Member

Jermaine Kearse is not an old grissled vet...he's only 27 quit complaining. He's dependable and is immediately a top receiver on our team.

Skicats and TonyFtLaud like this.